What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

But that's not him making excuses at all... He literally admitted he f**ked up in the story.

Taking aim at the media who essentially painted him as some drug lord, which was completely untrue, is absolutely fine.
Each to their own. Michael put himself, his family and friends, in that situation himself.

Which he knows... and has alluded to in that quote.

Look, personally I'm not a massive fan of recreational drugs apart from weed (which I think is completely fine and much safer than alcohol and others) but unless it's heroine or ice, each to their own (as you said).
I've been on the receiving end of an ICE addicts rage, and it is not nice.

betcats

Referee
Dont really have a problem with people using drugs if they can keep it together but I find this whinge from Gordon a bit rich tbh. He is talking about his kids wellbeing etc yet the police found MDMA and coke in his house, was he thinking about the kids wellbeing when he stashed that in there? At the end of the day he was arrested in a police operation that targeted both sides of the border, houses raided on both sides of the border when he was raided, obviously he was just some minor guy but still there was enough for him to be guilty of supply. Dude was in his mid thirties its just completely stupid for him to be caught involved like that.

BxTom

Bench
Which he knows... and has alluded to in that quote.

Look, personally I'm not a massive fan of recreational drugs apart from weed (which I think is completely fine and much safer than alcohol and others) but unless it's heroine or ice, each to their own (as you said).
Cannot agree about weed being safe. My niece tried it and ended up with psych problems for several years. And there are hordes of people in the same boat.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Cannot agree about weed being safe. My niece tried it and ended up with psych problems for several years. And there are hordes of people in the same boat.
Yeah fair enough brother I get where you're coming from - I've been on and off with it for decades and can't say anyone I've ever come across has had a bad experience.

soc123_au

Staff member
That would be an exception rather than the norm. I've got a mate who tried it twice and was sick as dog both times, the 2nd time was actually pretty funny. He had his wisdom teeth out and was suffering pretty badly when the meds wore off. It was late so no chemists open. I had a bit still floating around so I rolled him a joint. He was a bit hesitant given his first try but I convinced him that he probably got sick from something he ate and not the pot. Turns out he and weed dont mix. Poor prick was hurling his guts up all night. Kinda worked though, with all the puking he forgot about the jaw pain. lol.

soc123_au

Staff member
I've been on the receiving end of a person who uses "recreational" drugs.
People get killed/hurt in car accidents too. But we don't ban cars for the lowest common denominator.

Recreational drugs fall into a similar category in my opinion. The majority keep it under control and hurt no one. Of course some people go off the rails. Sucks for those on the receiving end, but people that go nuts on drugs are likely to go nuts on something else if drugs weren't available anyway, alcohol, gambling or whatever. An addictive personality in a psyc issue, not a drug issue.

The moral issue with drugs given the way the supply chain works is a whole other issue. The Government could sort that in the blink of an eye though by offering a way to get hold if it legally.

People get killed/hurt in car accidents too. But we don't ban cars for the lowest common denominator.

Recreational drugs fall into a similar category in my opinion. The majority keep it under control and hurt no one. Of course some people go off the rails. Sucks for those on the receiving end, but people that go nuts on drugs are likely to go nuts on something else if drugs weren't available anyway, alcohol, gambling or whatever. An addictive personality in a psyc issue, not a drug issue.

The moral issue with drugs given the way the supply chain works is a whole other issue. The Government could sort that in the blink of an eye though by offering a way to get hold if it legally.
Exactly. I have been on the receiving end.

Str
It's a shit situation that you had to deal with something like that. But that is on the person that abused you, not recreational drug use as a whole.

Strongly disagree. Drugs are addictive, and over time, they alter the users brain, in turn causes aggression

BxTom

Bench
That would be an exception rather than the norm. I've got a mate who tried it twice and was sick as dog both times, the 2nd time was actually pretty funny. He had his wisdom teeth out and was suffering pretty badly when the meds wore off. It was late so no chemists open. I had a bit still floating around so I rolled him a joint. He was a bit hesitant given his first try but I convinced him that he probably got sick from something he ate and not the pot. Turns out he and weed dont mix. Poor prick was hurling his guts up all night. Kinda worked though, with all the puking he forgot about the jaw pain. lol.
Just one site. It is a major problem. I suggest that you widen your reading. And yes, I tried it years ago and it did not have much effect on me - I have a very high resistance to many drugs.

soc123_au

Staff member
Just one site. It is a major problem. I suggest that you widen your reading. And yes, I tried it years ago and it did not have much effect on me - I have a very high resistance to many drugs.
The last sentence in the headline sums it up pretty much.

No doubt it can be harmful to some, but I know plenty of people that are regular to semi regular users for 30+ years that are fine. Unless you saw them smoking it you wouldn't guess they were users.

Personally I haven't used it for years. I did start to develop a bit of paranoia when I was stoned so I stopped smoking it. The paranoia came from being self conscious that I was on 10 second delay when stoned, especially when everyone else was straight. Nothing to do with drug induced psychosis though.

The last sentence in the headline sums it up pretty much.

No doubt it can be harmful to some, but I know plenty of people that are regular to semi regular users for 30+ years that are fine. Unless you saw them smoking it you wouldn't guess they were users.

Personally I haven't used it for years. I did start to develop a bit of paranoia when I was stoned so I stopped smoking it. The paranoia came from being self conscious that I was on 10 second delay when stoned, especially when everyone else was straight. Nothing to do with drug induced psychosis though.
I hope I haven't upset you with my comments? As I've said previously, my issues are a direct result of violence from a drug addict.

soc123_au

Staff member
I hope I haven't upset you with my comments? As I've said previously, my issues are a direct result of violence from a drug addict.
Not at all. I understand why you feel the way you do about it. My only point to you is that fortunately the majority of recreational users of party drugs aren't like that. In my experience anyway.

I don't consider Ice a party drug either to be clear. From my limited exposure to users of it that shit is pure evil.

Not at all. I understand why you feel the way you do about it. My only point to you is that fortunately the majority of recreational users of party drugs aren't like that. In my experience anyway.

I don't consider Ice a party drug either to be clear. From my limited exposure to users of it that shit is pure evil.
It is.

Latest posts