What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Canard

Immortal
Maybe if there wasn't a bunch of rich f**kwitz in England, running 2nd rate clubs for an english superleague that keep poaching our talent we would easily have enough talent to draw 20 clubs,

English Superleague hasn't "poached" any Australian talent for 20 or more years.

It is become a retirement home for older players, or an attraction for those who couldn't secure a NRL contract.

Perth Red

Post Whore
English Superleague hasn't "poached" any Australian talent for 20 or more years.

It is become a retirement home for older players, or an attraction for those who couldn't secure a NRL contract.
Always amusing when people use the retirement card, then said players return to play in the NRL lol
SL salary cap means the clubs are picking up either young talent that can earn a bit more, old talent that wants to experience Europe life or mid career talent that hasn't quite yet developed but wants to keep developing and return to NRL a better player. Nothing wrong with any of that, it is what it is for where the game is in Europe. At my club we've had a number of seasoned NRL pros that have been total garbage and some fringe NRL players that have been decent committed players.

Llangennech

Juniors
Maybe if there wasn't a bunch of rich f**kwitz in England, running 2nd rate clubs for an english superleague that keep poaching our talent we would easily have enough talent to draw 20 clubs, let alone 17... btw you've named the 3 NRL teams with the next biggest junior bases in the NRL after penrith... demoting them would be the death of RL in Australia, if you had picked roosters, manly and eels then i would bothered even replying, but coz your obviously oblivious to the local landscape in Sydney, i just thought i'd let you know.. there are clubs who developed a vast amount of juniors, and others that just buy them off the market or get fed by the lower grades of some other random area, like Blacktown/Manly, or Bears/roosters, SunshineCoast/Storm etc
A Johns said 12 NRL teams seems about the right number at the moment. Rep. rugby is where it's at, we need the 'Roos playing, or i want the Kangaroos playing far more often. We only need a squad of 25 good players for NSW, maybe if more youngsters played soccer, more ppl would watch RL later in life, loads of adults prefer to watch collision sport. Maybe the Rabbitohs can still play at Homebush, would like them to change their name to the Sydney Rabbitohs in any case. And for the Warriors to just be called The Warriors.

MugaB

Coach
A Johns said 12 NRL teams seems about the right number at the moment. Rep. rugby is where it's at, we need the 'Roos playing, or i want the Kangaroos playing far more often. We only need a squad of 25 good players for NSW, maybe if more youngsters played soccer, more ppl would watch RL later in life, loads of adults prefer to watch collision sport. Maybe the Rabbitohs can still play at Homebush, would like them to change their name to the Sydney Rabbitohs in any case. And for the Warriors to just be called The Warriors.
A johns might be an immortal, but a forward thinker, he is NOT.. usually if its a play on field I'll take his word as genius, but anything off field he is a dunce... anything to do with amount of clubs, structure of a comp or notion of rationalization he is the last person in the world to take a quote off...he is grade A moron.

Wb1234

Referee
Rep rugby ?

who calls it that ?

Wb1234

Referee
A johns might be an immortal, but a forward thinker, he is NOT.. usually if its a play on field I'll take his word as genius, but anything off field he is a dunce... anything to do with amount of clubs, structure of a comp or notion of rationalization he is the last person in the world to take a quote off...he is grade A moron.
Fitler too

dunce wanted the titans moved to Brisbane

Canard

Immortal
Always amusing when people use the retirement card, then said players return to play in the NRL lol
SL salary cap means the clubs are picking up either young talent that can earn a bit more, old talent that wants to experience Europe life or mid career talent that hasn't quite yet developed but wants to keep developing and return to NRL a better player.
How many "mid-career" examples can you name in the last decade? 3 maybe? Its not a trend.

Its hardly "poaching talent".

mongoose

Coach
you strung about 7 sentences together there that have no relevance to one another, well done

mongoose

Coach

If it was his decision he would probably cut the Titans, Cowboys, Warriors and Storm and leave all 10 NSW clubs as well, the moron.

MugaB

Coach
If it was his decision he would probably cut the Titans, Cowboys, Warriors and Storm and leave all 10 NSW clubs as well, the moron.
Cant do that if the titans are in brisbane, probably the storm too...
Actually he'd relocate the storm to central coast, so he could be closer to his nephew

Last edited: