What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

fizzgig

Juniors
Anyone remember where they were for the Storm final in 2008? I was at the in-laws and before the end of the drubbing I was out the backyard sitting there with my head in my hands and the mother-in-law came out and said "well that was sh!t". I'm still cranky about that, in my way I was grieving over a footy game and she was just rubbing it in.

That was year 2 of the Ricky years and he was going to come in and get us to a premiership (isn't every coach?).

This year Fitz was coming in and was going to build a team. Going to get experience as a first grade coach and embed himself in. TBH, I'm really happy with what he's done even though I'm devastated on what happened on Saturday, although nowhere near 2008.

How many of that squad signed up to Fitz? Nicho, Berrell, Miller and Ikuvalu. I'm sure I've missed some but they signed up after Fitz had been announced. One was key to the new squad, two had opportunity in first grade and are coming up, one was a key player in premier league and might have got a run if Brailey got injured.

How many of the current squad has he had to carry forward in his first year even when he might not have wanted to? Every new coach inherits the good and bad signings that has happened previously, or even the good signings that are no longer good but they'd be crucified if they kicked a club/fan favourite to the curb.

Imagine being Benny and signing up a brand new Dolphins team and being able to pick (but he hasn't really been able to cherry pick due to contracts/alure/etc) something "fresh".

If anyone wants to say Fitz isn't a good investment after the year we've had, regardless of the end result - 2nd in minor premiership and unfortunately out in the semis after backing up from a 93 minute game in the first finals, maybe you need to look at yourselves and work out how you could do it more perfectly.

Signings - first year as coach
Inheritance
Play style defence and offense
Spine
etc

Meh. Just saw all the bullsh!t on here. People throwing stones, so thought I'd post.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Sorry I have been reading the last few pages and I think I have only just cottoned on to the fact that QS is actually a Sharks supporter. So he's not a troll from another club? Boy, I had that all wrong.

It is obvious to everyone, even amoeba's on Saturn, that QS still holds a grudge on the way Bomber left the club. Or was shown the door. And fair enough, I agree it wasn't handled properly. But to say that Bomber is better than Fitz - geez, I'll have to have a good think about that...... OK, I've thought about it and it is a ridiculous thought.

This conversation is why I don't follow politics closely. I absolutely hate how someone can be so one sided and blind in their thoughts and not even consider their view could be wrong, despite overwhelming evidence. But they pig headedly stick to their agenda. It really galls me.

Quicksilver

Bench
Sorry I have been reading the last few pages and I think I have only just cottoned on to the fact that QS is actually a Sharks supporter. So he's not a troll from another club? Boy, I had that all wrong.

It is obvious to everyone, even amoeba's on Saturn, that QS still holds a grudge on the way Bomber left the club. Or was shown the door. And fair enough, I agree it wasn't handled properly. But to say that Bomber is better than Fitz - geez, I'll have to have a good think about that...... OK, I've thought about it and it is a ridiculous thought.

This conversation is why I don't follow politics closely. I absolutely hate how someone can be so one sided and blind in their thoughts and not even consider their view could be wrong, despite overwhelming evidence. But they pig headedly stick to their agenda. It really galls me.

I'm not hard on Fitz.

I just apply the same scrutiny that Morris received.

Quicksilver

Bench
If/when we improve next year and make it to W3 or the GF, I expect that QS and SR will be enjoying supporting a new club. Both sound like dolphins would be a good fit

I might support NQ.

Their Lego headed halfback outsmarted our coach.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ta for the bravo mate. I live in my own dreamtime these days.
Whilst amongst a city and everyone is on a time schedule, I wake when I feel, just like when people are on holidays. I go back to sleep if I feel, I go for a walk, or swim when I feel. Then when I need some cash I work when I feel.
I play guitar when a song is to be played or written, and I fear not to take that extra minute to have a stronger take in of air.
I now listen to classical and jazz music every night, it's very calming.
I have naught much money, but today for work I taste beer and share it. It's not so bad.
My mind is free.

But..........................Are you OK at the moment?

But..........................Are you OK at the moment?
Very much so. Thank you for asking.
For a long while I lived under what society considers normal.
I tried, and I tried again.
Wife, kids, job, house.
It didn't feel right in 1988, so i went my own way for many years.
I thought I was strong enough to be in the norm and live as so, but it only laid me down. Then it brought my partners down.
I lost my parents as a kid, many have, and I probably got an easier ride than them after.
I had to learn everything for myself from the age of 7. No role models, parents, or buffer zones.
I've struggled mostly, but recently I've given up the need to fight from what my normal self being is.
I am of Koori blood, and I love the place of my birth.
Kurranulla holds me towards our team in a different way to others.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Very much so. Thank you for asking.
For a long while I lived under what society considers normal.
I tried, and I tried again.
Wife, kids, job, house.
It didn't feel right in 1988, so i went my own way for many years.
I thought I was strong enough to be in the norm and live as so, but it only laid me down. Then it brought my partners down.
I lost my parents as a kid, many have, and I probably got an easier ride than them after.
I had to learn everything for myself from the age of 7. No role models, parents, or buffer zones.
I've struggled mostly, but recently I've given up the need to fight from what my normal self being is.
I am of Koori blood, and I love the place of my birth.
Kurranulla holds me towards our team in a different way to others.

I have long suspected that my brother and hear it loud and clear.

We are the Dharawal Orcas :)

The need to fight versus the want to fight is a immense battle till the penny drops. Giving oneself the permission to accept themselves is no brief battle.

Well done bubby

I have long suspected that my brother and hear it loud and clear.

We are the Dharawal Orcas :)

The need to fight versus the want to fight is a immense battle till the penny drops. Giving oneself the permission to accept themselves is no brief battle.

Well done bubby
Thanks mate, and very well expressed. It's tough, but when it's done everything becomes that much easier.

carinashark

First Grade
Fitz has to get more from BB. He has been wasted this year.
Fix it or put Berrelle in.
BB is a spine player, let’s see it.

Latest posts