What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Members venue change.

jeffdragon

Bench
Originally there were supposed to be 6 at Kogarah and 6 at the Gong.
But due to women's soccer World cup.
Now it is only 5 at Jubilee and 7 at the Gong.
Those who paid for 6 at kogarah will get reimbursed first the game that has gone to the Gong.
The St Helens game I have been informed when I conacted the club is also at Wollomgong.

SnowDragon

Juniors
From nrl.com

Saturday, February 11

• 6.00pm — Eels v Panthers at BlueBet Stadium
  • 8.05pm — Dragons v St Helens at WIN Stadium

Lethal25

Juniors
Seems to me Kogarah members are drawing the short straw.

Titans 6:15 Sunday
Sharks 6:15 Sunday
Roosters 6:00 Friday
Rabbits 3:00 Saturday
Knights 7:30 Saturday

Worst times 6:15 Sunday and 6pm Friday games account for 3 of 5. People with kids who play sport won't be stoked about 3pm Saturday either. Bye in the first round as well. Pretty strong whiff about this club.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Worst times 6:15 Sunday and 6pm Friday games account for 3 of 5. People with kids who play sport won't be stoked about 3pm Saturday either. Bye in the first round as well. Pretty strong whiff about this club.
Pretty much the same every other year but this is a bit disappointing, to say the least. Only 1 day game and only 2 games easy to get to. The late Friday and late Sunday games are hard, in particular for interstate travellers.

Paid for 6 games. Deadline imposed, pay now or you might miss out. A few days later and it's 5 games.
Deadline couldn't be extended to cover this?

Now all those fans that bought the six games have to go through the rigmarole of negotiating a credit.

Tim.butler

Juniors
A call to the Club today revealed they were apparently “blindsided” by the NRL draw. If this is true I call very poor management on the NRL’s behalf.
Would love to know when the the ground usage for the FIFA 2023 Womens World Cup was first announced ie. how long have we known this was a likely outcome?
I hope the Kogarah ticket holders get first options for the Kogarah game that’s been transferred to Wollongong.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A call to the Club today revealed they were apparently “blindsided” by the NRL draw. If this is true I call very poor management on the NRL’s behalf.
Would love to know when the the ground usage for the FIFA 2023 Womens World Cup was first announced ie. how long have we known this was a likely outcome?
I hope the Kogarah ticket holders get first options for the Kogarah game that’s been transferred to Wollongong.
That's my question as well. As for going to the Wollongong game, I suspect that's what they want, rather than give a refund. Only problem is a change of venue doesn't suit everyone.

Plus I haven't received an email or call about this outlining my options. The draw has been released and we're finding out about it through the media, after we've paid for the tickets. They certainly weren't backward when it came to reminding people to pay up.

Tim.butler

Juniors
That's my question as well. As for going to the Wollongong game, I'm suspect that's what they want, rather then give a refund. Only problem is a change of venue doesn't suit everyone.

Plus I haven't received an email or call about this outlining my options. The draw has been released and we're finding out about it through the media, after we've paid for the tickets. They certainly weren't backward when it came to reminding people to pay up.
Agree Willow. Would hope the club have some further more detailed communications to the fans in the next 24hours. Apparently they are considering a refund and will then offer the extra WIN game to Dragons ticket holders.
If this is the case I would hope their is an initial offering to the Kogarah ticket holders first after which further sales can be opened up to the WIN ticket holders and then subsequently opened up to everyone else.
The Club should ask the NRL for an explanation/apology that can be referred to the Dragons members for the headaches the draw venues has created.

jeffdragon

Bench
I hope it is at Kogara

Will be a refund for the game that's gone to the gong.
Originally the nrl wanted no game at Win till round 16.

jeffdragon

Bench
That's my question as well. As for going to the Wollongong game, I'm suspect that's what they want, rather then give a refund. Only problem is a change of venue doesn't suit everyone.

I rang Red v Membership and the Lady who i spoke to her.
I have dealt with her in the past and she has always been on the mark with info.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I rang Red v Membership and the Lady who i spoke to her.
I have dealt with her in the past and she has always been on the mark with info.
I'm familiar with a couple of people in the ticket office as well. They deal with the enquiries and are always as helpful as they can be. I'm in no way critical of them. The communication issues and scheduling decisions come from higher up in the Club and the NRL.

Lethal25

Juniors

Pretty much the same every other year but this is a bit disappointing, to say the least. Only 1 day game and only 2 games easy to get to. The late Friday and late Sunday games are hard, in particular for interstate travellers.

Paid for 6 games. Deadline imposed, pay now or you might miss out. A few days later and it's 5 games.
Deadline couldn't be extended to cover this?

Now all those fans that bought the six games have to go through the rigmarole of negotiating a credit.
I'm also not a fan of how the club imposes a deadline for existing members to renew so you can maintain your seats, typically the deadline being before the draw is announced.

How can a business demand payment upfront before advising what the product will look like. Oddly enough people have families who have birthdays, some even have anniversaries, weddings and christenings to attend which may clash. Members are treated so poorly, but I suppose you get some stickers and a key ring which makes everything good again

jeffdragon

Bench
I'm familiar with a couple of people in the ticket office as well. They deal with the enquiries and are always as helpful as they can be. I'm in no way critical of them. The communication issues and scheduling decisions come from higher up in the Club and the NRL.
Just received a e-mail regarding how much will be refunded.

TruSaint

Referee

Shocking scheduling.

Maximus

Coach

You can thank fox sports and the NRL for that. The club doesn't get a say

TruSaint

Referee
You can thank fox sports and the NRL for that. The club doesn't get a say

Both Fox and the NRL are about profits. We may not like it, but we dont command prime time anymore.. Its as much on us as it it on them. We are irrelevant. Until we change that perception, we will always be 2nd tier. The old argument that our " brand " / "history " dictates media has long gone.

Latest posts