What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season "23 bolters.

The Realist

Juniors
Benefit of a young team low mileage and associated wear and tear. I also believe we have some of the best medical staff and facilities in the league but who knows since non contact injuries are pretty random.

The team did luck out on a lack of season ending injuries from 2020 to 2022. 2021 they were busted but no one did an ACL or popped an Achilles.

Hopefully the luck doesn't run out in 2023.

I'd agree with most of that. I think our Strength, Conditioning and Performance management has totally changed since the days of the 'Cougar'. We were any injury prone team. Also agree that we are a young team but in saying that we had relatively young teams in the late Elliot and Ivan (1st Stint) eras and still had promising seasons derailed.

As you say the club is far better staffed now and sports science has advanced considerably in the last 10 years, so fingers crossed, we did hit a patch of bad luck.

Kilkenny

Coach
I visited there years ago. Loved the country. My highlights were watching the changing of the guards, and watching the military tattoo.
As you say the UK generally is a great place to visit, residing there long term is an entirely different beast. Obviously it works for Cold Wet Panther whether for employment or family reasons I’m not entirely sure. St Albans is a very nice area to live on the Northern outskirts of London. Spent some time there on my last visit home so to speak albeit mainly to catch a Premier League football match and a show at the Albans Arena. Had I not established my career and met my future wife I too considered returning back to my country of birth if only for a few years. No regrets, Australia is a great country to live and bring up a family.

Bob

Juniors
I have been for Tago back row for a while due to him offering most of that

As for the internal options for hooker, NSW Cup bench ran with St Marys options. So it looks like an all or nothing play, So really want to see a Plan B.

As for external Jeremy Marshall-King or Verrills both would of been cheaper options, young enough to move on should Plan A go well

Reserve Grade Hooker, I believe we have signed him

Iamback

Coach

Reserve Grade Hooker, I believe we have signed him

Surely he takes one of the 6 FT spots we have? We carryed 3 hookers last season, Even more important this year

Iamback

Coach
Give him a development contract gives you the wiggle room to move him up

Can they play from Round 1?

Kenny could possibly handle 80 mins, Luke atm hasn't shown he can. If Kenny goes down then we need a bench hooker not named Jaemon Salmon

hindy111

Post Whore
He is a f**king great defender and a very good option for 14 though.

Luke is the issue, I don't think he can defend well enough and with his history I'll be amazed if he's not injured a lot

The thing is Kenny is a better defender then Korisau and Kikau although great in attack isn't the best defender in comp. Garner will be better.
So then yes you may lose some in attack but the defemse could be stiffer. And it was already brilliant.
I wouldn't be concerned at all. Plus your biggest threat the Eels have lost some very good players and are weaker. Souths look weaker. Storm get Pappy and Welch back but lost a few good ones also in B.Smith, Kafusi and didn't the two props retire also. The Bromitch boys. Plus how good Welch and Papp come back is undetermined.
Cowboys and Sharks had soft draws also. Id put Brisbane as the Dark horse

hindy111

Post Whore
I wouldn't be worried about Kikau. I reckon Shaun Lane was better in 2002. But you starve them of ball and have high energy defense and who cares. They can't do anything. To gassed.

The way the Penrith system works is a pin point kick game by Nathan. Yeo in the middle moving the ball. The back 5 with strong carries to start sets. Wait till opposition tire and open them up.
The forwards aren't that damaging due to power. They are damaging cause they are so energised due to the field position they have and the backs working hard and being so strong that they are fresh in defense. They then belt the opposition and gas them. That weakens them in defense and makes yards easier to come by.

The grand final is a great example. Parras pack is every bit as good but got man handled. Why couldn't they match them? They did for about 8 kins. But the back 5 destroyed them while our back 5 are soft runners bar Sivo who is lazy.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I wouldn't be worried about Kikau. I reckon Shaun Lane was better in 2002. But you starve them of ball and have high energy defense and who cares. They can't do anything. To gassed.

The way the Penrith system works is a pin point kick game by Nathan. Yeo in the middle moving the ball. The back 5 with strong carries to start sets. Wait till opposition tire and open them up.
The forwards aren't that damaging due to power. They are damaging cause they are so energised due to the field position they have and the backs working hard and being so strong that they are fresh in defense. They then belt the opposition and gas them. That weakens them in defense and makes yards easier to come by.

The grand final is a great example. Parras pack is every bit as good but got man handled. Why couldn't they match them? They did for about 8 kins. But the back 5 destroyed them while our back 5 are soft runners bar Sivo who is lazy.
They aren't half as good. RCG for example is a f**king cat

hindy111

Post Whore

Very CHILDISH comment. If you line them up individually you will see its quite even. Jnr,RCG,Lane,Papali'i, Matterson are very good players. A great pack. Why where they belted in the grand final? Did they all have a bad game?

I gave you a rugby league lesson. Read what I said and process it. I'm giving the reasons why you're successful. And it isn't cause of Kikau.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Very CHILDISH comment. If you line them up individually you will see its quite even. Jnr,RCG,Lane,Papali'i, Matterson are very good players. A great pack. Why where they belted in the grand final? Did they all have a bad game?

I gave you a rugby league lesson. Read what I said and process it. I'm giving the reasons why you're successful. And it isn't cause of Kikau.
Junior Paulo and maybe Papali'i make our starting side in 2022. The others aren't close

Kilkenny

Coach
RCG really polarises peoples opinions. I’m not disappointed he left the Panthers but I don’t agree with your assessment I think he has been very good for the Eels. Very consistent overall. He’s had a great career, still has plenty left to give At club level.

Latest posts