What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Maximus

Coach
Taniela Paseka is the player that RandomDragon was alluding to

Which makes no sense since he's been contracted until the end of the 2024 season since 2020. For him to be negotiating with us, Manly would have to have approved it and be willing to grant a release. How does Flanagan "hijack" that?

If any of the story is true, what is more likely is Seibold came in and said he wants to keep him

randomdragon

Juniors
Which makes no sense since he's been contracted until the end of the 2024 season since 2020. For him to be negotiating with us, Manly would have to have approved it and be willing to grant a release. How does Flanagan "hijack" that?

If any of the story is true, what is more likely is Seibold came in and said he wants to keep him

You do know the we signed liddle and musgrove while both were still under contract?

Maximus

Coach
Yeah at least 3 of them, ie 50%, walk straight into our starting side over the fluff we currently have. Next question?

Lol which ones? Neither of their backrowers are better than Su'a.

And 33 yo Jesse Bromwich is as much of a plodder as Lawrie is

Maximus

Coach
Dude, if you’re not smart enough to work out which 3 Dolphin forwards walk straight into our starting side then you’re probably wasting your time watching footy.

The sign of someone backtracking.

Neither Jesse Bromwich and Nicholls are better than Molo, so at best 1 of them can make it over Lawrie.

Marshall-King does not walk straight into our starting side. He's the same average hooker as what we've got.

Kaufusi and Kenny Bromwich are not better than Su'a, so at most 1 could replace Bird. Neither can play lock.

Gilbert is not better than whoever we pick at lock.

So we've got Kaufusi maybe over Bird, and 33 yo Jesse Bromwich vs Lawrie.

You say others shouldn't be watching, but your entire opinion seems to be "they were really good 5 years ago". That worked out so well with Woods

Maximus

Coach
God it’s like speaking to a brick wall. What makes you think paseka wasn’t told the same?

Are you dumb? Go back and read the bit of my post that says they would know he was negotiating with us because they would have to have approved it. I also clearly stated who is likely responsible if what you say is true

If it's true, it's unlikely to have anything to do with Flanagan. Stop spreading misinformation

randomdragon

Juniors
Are you dumb? Go back and read the bit of my post that says they would know he was negotiating with us because they would have to have approved it. I also clearly stated who is likely responsible if what you say is true

If it's true, it's unlikely to have anything to do with Flanagan. Stop spreading misinformation
😂😂😂 all I’ve seen you post is garbage ridiculing others. Other people in the know also stated we were after paseka. People like you are the reason no one shares their info.

Maximus

Coach
😂😂😂 all I’ve seen you post is garbage ridiculing others. Other people in the know also stated we were after paseka. People like you are the reason no one shares their info.

It's pretty clear that this is the post I was suggesting made no sense, because your claim is that Flanagan hijacked the signing. As I said, it makes no sense at all because Manly already knew we were trying to sign him

Looks like I have egg on my face, the signing I said was done was hijacked when Flanagan moved to manly, sorry for the misinformation.

Before getting butthurt, actually read the post. You tried to link Flanagan to it, got told that makes no sense, it is far more likely to be Seibold, and now for some reason you are chucking a tantrum

Maximus

Coach
Agreed been in the forum for over a decade and have seen many a good posters leave due to ridicule . Especially when the one who ridicule offer nothing .

Since he won't answer, just curious which story you believe is more likely:

1. Manly tell him he can seek a contract elsewhere, he's in negotiations with the Dragons and it's a "done deal" until Flanagan puts it on hold. Flanagan leaves and tells Manly that he's in negotiations with the Dragons and they should put a stop to it

2. Manly tell him he can seek a contract elsewhere, he's in negotiations with the Dragons and it's a "done deal" until a new head coach joins and says he wants him as part of the squad

@randomdragon is upset because I suggested story 1 makes little sense and it is more likely story 2 since that is a situation that has happened millions of times in sports around the world.

It's just common sense. No need to get so upset by it

randomdragon

Juniors
Since he won't answer, just curious which story you believe is more likely:

1. Manly tell him he can seek a contract elsewhere, he's in negotiations with the Dragons and it's a "done deal" until Flanagan puts it on hold. Flanagan leaves and tells Manly that he's in negotiations with the Dragons and they should put a stop to it

2. Manly tell him he can seek a contract elsewhere, he's in negotiations with the Dragons and it's a "done deal" until a new head coach joins and says he wants him as part of the squad

@randomdragon is upset because I suggested story 1 makes little sense and it is more likely story 2 since that is a situation that has happened millions of times in sports around the world.

It's just common sense. No need to get so upset by it
Mate, our 2 and 2 together, Flanagan was our list manager, he wanted paseka at the dragons because he likes him as a player, paseka wanted to move for greater opportunity, Flanagan then moved to manly thus pasekas link to the Club was lost due to Flanagan going to manly, therefore he stayed with manly, what’s so hard to believe. I’m done talking and replying to your garbage.

Maximus

Coach
Mate, our 2 and 2 together, Flanagan was our list manager, he wanted paseka at the dragons because he likes him as a player, paseka wanted to move for greater opportunity, Flanagan then moved to manly thus pasekas link to the Club was lost due to Flanagan going to manly, therefore he stayed with manly, what’s so hard to believe. I’m done talking and replying to your garbage.

You think an assistant coach has more say over a squad than a head coach and you want to claim other people are posting garbage?

Also, you think Flanagan would be the only person at the Dragons talking to recruits?

Are you related to him, because I doubt anyone other than his family thinks he has as much power as you think he has.

Gareth67

First Grade
Honestly , I just don’t understand what all the ‘ hoo- haa ‘ is about ? ? ?

The bloke ain’t coming and that’s the end of it , it’s nobody’s fault , least of all random’s .

On the other hand what truly has me flabbergasted is why all these quality players are not falling over themselves to play for the Big Red V ? 🤔

Last edited:

Latest posts