What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 KOE NSW Cup

Mounties gone from Cup for 2023.

Sydney Roosters will have their own side in Cup along side the Bears. Roosters want to use the Cup side to blood young players and players from the Silktails. Norths will continue to get the older players from the Roosters

ghoti

Bench
So what are the clubs for 2023 in that case? Going off last year and the announcements to date...

Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
Canberra Raiders
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Newcastle Knights
*New Zealand Warriors
Newtown Jets
North Sydney Bears
Penrith Panthers
Parramatta Eels
South Sydney Rabbitohs
St George Illawarra Dragons
*Sydney Roosters
Western Suburbs Magpies

*New for 2023

Is anyone likely to drop out, plug in or re-brand?

rightleftin

Juniors
I asked that and a poster replied that he had it on fairly good authority that it will be Brett Gillard who was coach of the Roosters Sydney Shield side in 2022.

Be lucky to see anything on the Roosters website - I think the site is administrated from North Korea :)
That ties in with a conversation I had with the parents of an Easts Shield player this year. They said that the player was being earmarked for NSW Cup next year. I wasnt sure how that would happen with the Norths setup but it is easy if you add a second team.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
That ties in with a conversation I had with the parents of an Easts Shield player this year. They said that the player was being earmarked for NSW Cup next year. I wasnt sure how that would happen with the Norths setup but it is easy if you add a second team.

That doesn't make that much sense, although it does coming from a parent I guess.
SS isn't going to prepare you that much for Cup and if he was that good to progress he would have been playing Flegg all year.

Personally I think they will bring in more signings they won't do well with a bunch of Flegg and Silktail players and I would think the Roosters would not want to come last

Iamback

Coach
That doesn't make that much sense, although it does coming from a parent I guess.
SS isn't going to prepare you that much for Cup and if he was that good to progress he would have been playing Flegg all year.

Personally I think they will bring in more signings they won't do well with a bunch of Flegg and Silktail players and I would think the Roosters would not want to come last

Depends how many players Norths get

rightleftin

Juniors

Given that they will be playing under the Easts banner, you may be right about not wanting to come last, but I do remember Easts sending players to get beaten by 50-80 points each week in RMC some years ago.

Roosters struggling to sign players for Cup. Norths have recruited very well. Glebe have signed a deal to feed the Roosters from Massey and Shield

Roosters struggling to sign players for Cup. Norths have recruited very well. Glebe have signed a deal to feed the Roosters from Massey and Shield
Do you know why the Roosters are having problems signing players - not enough players for an additional side perhaps ?

You would think players would be keen to go to the Roosters as they provide an opportunity and a direct line to NRL

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Thats what you said when Pat Weisner was in charge at Blacktown.
My recent comment was tongue in cheek, going off this year. It certainly paid off with a great season for Hills in Massey. But they had a lot of North's players playing in the lower grades. I can't see a problem with it if they are all happy.
I am not sure I was posting anything back when he was at Blacktown,

Norths have signed the following players for 2023 who are currently Roosters extended squad players training with the Roosters NRL Squad.
  • Guy Hamilton
  • Kurt De Luis
  • Dane Aukafolau
  • William Fakatoumafi
  • Junior Pauga
Norths are adamant the Roosters will allocate players to Norths for 2023 - Not sure what NSW Cup Squad the Roosters will field though?

Latest posts