What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

2a49dbf82c0722ff5e665343c3b3d21d

"Stay classy"

DIOGENES

Juniors
Just checked this hasn’t been posted before and is behind a pay wall but the first paragraphs indicate a first class spray by Albrechtson

Is there a roster on the fridge in the Peter FitzSimons/Lisa Wilkinson kitchen where the pirate and the princess decide whose week it is to show the world how dimwitted and divisive woke politics has become? This week, after seven players from the Manly rugby league club decided to sit out Thursday’s match rather than wear a pride jersey that clashes with their Christian beliefs, FitzSimons wanted to know: “What the hell is wrong with you blokes that you don’t get it? You are prepared to trash the entire Manly season on this issue alone? … For what? … Can we have a statement from the seven of you, to make clear your views, so we can all understand?”

The italics are his. FitzSimons may have fame and money, but credibility is proving more elusive. FitzSimons’s call for a statement from the seven players sounds like a new inquisition where heretics are called to account for their different views….

There was a very different reaction when AFLW player Haneen Zreika, a practising young Muslim woman, refused to play a footy game for GWS wearing a jersey that celebrated a pride round.

The head of the AFL’s inclusion policy, Tanya Hosch, said that “People of faith have rights as well”.

“We want the game to be inclusive; you don’t get to choose to just pick and choose who represents inclusion,” Hosch said.

Back then, there was no thundering condemnation from FitzSimons. Though disappointed, he pointed out that Zreika is “quietly declining to use her platform to promote a belief she’s not comfortable with”.

Did FitzSimons give the young GWS player a pass because she is a woman and a Muslim? Is targeting Christian players the last acceptable prejudice? It’s hard to follow FitzSimons’s logic.

In answer to the last point it is not just about Zreika being a woman and muslim. More importantly, she wasn’t playing league

Last edited:

Willie Ray

Bench

taipan

Referee
Apparently these days ,in schools it will be compulsory to read history books written by Pierre Skull Fitzvanker as the most reliable source of info on WW1 ,WW2, the Boer War, the Vietnam war, the Korean War, the War of the Roses,Napoleonic Wars as he was in fact an eyewitness to all.Oh and the Bay of Pigs invasion in Cuba (hence his love for the Che Guevara bandana).
Wondered where the term "pain in the a"se came from" ,now I know.

Generalzod

Immortal
Apparently these days ,in schools it will be compulsory to read history books written by Pierre Skull Fitzvanker as the most reliable source of info on WW1 ,WW2, the Boer War, the Vietnam war, the Korean War, the War of the Roses,Napoleonic Wars as he was in fact an eyewitness to all.Oh and the Bay of Pigs invasion in Cuba (hence his love for the Che Guevara bandana).
Wondered where the term "pain in the a"se came from" ,now I know.
What about the War of the Roses..lol

Willie Ray

Bench

Defending vic govt sponsoring netball instead of the money going to floods or hospitals
Mate I live in the NT and I personally know of ten families who think P Fitzwilkinson
is a flat out f**king liar.

On a side note after all the noise about Hancock Prospecting's history of racism
it's good to know the Victorian Government is a cleanskin in this regard.

Wb1234

Referee
Mate I live in the NT and I personally know of ten families who think P Fitzwilkinson
is a flat out f**king liar.

On a side note after all the noise about Hancock Prospecting's history of racism
it's good to know the Victorian Government is a cleanskin in this regard.
Yeh shame their local football code which they’ve spent hundreds of millions on supporting is one of the most racist sports on earth

but yeh Gina Reinhardt is way worse cause her dad said something terrible 40 years ago

Billythekid

First Grade

Defending vic govt sponsoring netball instead of the money going to floods or hospitals
Gonna be honest I hate this sort of logic and it's the exact same thing we were railing against fitzmoron using to argue against new stadiums in NSW. Not every cent of the governments money can or should go towards things like natural disasters or emergency services.

For the record sport is actually a very important thing and netball in particular has done wonders getting young women into sport and into exercise. It also doubles as a potential marketing campaign to get people interested in travelling or moving to Victoria.

People just trot out this BS excuse whenever money is spent on something they DON'T want but they conveniently forget about it when it's spent on something they DO want.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Gonna be honest I hate this sort of logic and it's the exact same thing we were railing against fitzmoron using to argue against new stadiums in NSW. Not every cent of the governments money can or should go towards things like natural disasters or emergency services.

For the record sport is actually a very important thing and netball in particular has done wonders getting young women into sport and into exercise. It also doubles as a potential marketing campaign to get people interested in travelling or moving to Victoria.

People just trot out this BS excuse whenever money is spent on something they DON'T want but they conveniently forget about it when it's spent on something they DO want.
Yea thats the point. Highlighting the pirates hypocrisy.

France coach Laurent Frayssinous, after they lost 62-4 to Samoa at the Rugby League World Cup: “But I don’t want to summarise our World Cup by the scoreboard we saw tonight.” Exactly. Judge us by the stylish cut of our uniforms.

Latest posts