What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Just reminds me of “Sharks International”.

Time for a change.

So what does everyone want?

bluefox68

Staff member
If only someone had the creativity of the poster who kept posting great designs a few months back…

I liked the all white ones!!!!

southland

Juniors

Time for a change.

Id like to see a modern design inspired by the 1978-1997 logo. The very first boat logo 67-68 isnt bad either. Whatever we do, it would be powerful and wise to have a Gweagal artist involved.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 8.32.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 8.32.24 pm.png
    449.1 KB · Views: 10

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Had current one for 18 years. Risky to start again? I don’t think we can successfully go back to either of those first 2, or even the 80s one. Needs cleaner lines and clear image. I heard we were changing it but does anyone know for sure?

Chimp

Juniors
Id like to see a modern design inspired by the 1978-1997 logo. The very first boat logo 67-68 isnt bad either. Whatever we do, it would be powerful and wise to have a Gweagal artist involved.
This is a good shout.

Kind of related, I heard Dave Riccio talking about the Dolphins a few weeks ago, he said if they really wanted to avoid using ‘Redcliffe’ as a geographical reference in their name, they should have used the aboriginal name for the area, that would have been marketing genius I reckon.

Special K

Coach
Interesting Shark cast with the bloke who runs the merch. Said the club is looking at a possible redesign of the logo for a more retro style but the earliest would be 2025 they could get it done. Good listen

Frenzy.

Immortal
Interesting Shark cast with the bloke who runs the merch. Said the club is looking at a possible redesign of the logo for a more retro style but the earliest would be 2025 they could get it done. Good listen

Barnesy! Yeah that was a good interview. Lots of good insights we assume the opposite about.

Seems most things to do with merch are not as easy as they may seem

Frenzy.

Immortal

Time for a change.

The current logo far exceeds anything from the past. I'd prefer a totally new one if they go through with plans to change which will be years away anyway according to the merch manager.

carinashark

First Grade
I’m ok with the current design, but I want to see more black and just a small amount of blue and white. Black wins games. Stats prove it 90% of game played in predominantly black playing strip we win.
See Penrith for conformation!
Melbourne for instance loose most of their games if they play in the predominately lighter playing strip.
Look at St George and Gold Coast. Beaten before they step on the Feild.

Special K

Coach
You can buy the heritage online now.

Annoyingly I had to recreate a new account on sharks store or some reason that lists me as a member since jan 23. I hope that doesn't mess with my actual membership which is closing in on 20 years.