What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expand to WA and SA by demerging Wests Tigers

Angry_eel

First Grade
Not going to happen. The central area of Sydney and potentially the outer South West will be completely lost to the game.

The population would be half that of Adelaide and Perth but those cities are in AFL states, converting people to NRL will take a long time.

I'd love to see teams in those two cities but don't know if this is the way to do it.

westerntiger

Juniors
On one thread they're trying to merge us with Easts Tigers, on another thread they want to move us to Singapore and here they're trying to de-merge us and send us to places indifferent to rugby league.

Crikey.

MugaB

Coach
Not going to happen. The central area of Sydney and potentially the outer South West will be completely lost to the game.

The population would be half that of Adelaide and Perth but those cities are in AFL states, converting people to NRL will take a long time.

I'd love to see teams in those two cities but don't know if this is the way to do it.
Not that i am for this, but the south west, would get the bulldogs attention (as gould has been pushing for) and central area probably would have souths, dogs, and easts eating into it also.. looking like a smart move from wests to get the CoE at concord, the home of the western suburbs

On one thread they're trying to merge us with Easts Tigers, on another thread they want to move us to Singapore and here they're trying to de-merge us and send us to places indifferent to rugby league.

Crikey.
No one wants to send the Tigers to Singapore. I suggested the Tigers rebrand as The Tigers and take one game to Malaysia each year as it's part of the Commonwealth of Nations and tigers are endemic in that part of the world.

Teams take games to small country venues, some of which only draw 5k people. If a team could start promoting their brand in south-east Asia then over time they could develop a niche following that brings them much needed money.

AdelaideRLFC

Juniors
No one wants to send the Tigers to Singapore. I suggested the Tigers rebrand as The Tigers and take one game to Malaysia each year as it's part of the Commonwealth of Nations and tigers are endemic in that part of the world.

Teams take games to small country venues, some of which only draw 5k people. If a team could start promoting their brand in south-east Asia then over time they could develop a niche following that brings them much needed money.
Beautiful

Pippen94

First Grade

Just be a wild weekend for players including emptying plane bar on long flight

Pippen94

First Grade
The NRL currently has 17 teams, which is unfavourable. The NRL also wants to expand out west.

Split up Wests Tigers.

Western Suburbs = Western Magpies
Balmain Tigers = Adelaide Tigers

Boom - 18 teams and two expansion states covered with one move.

Great, let's grow by killing off dedicated supporters.

Wb1234

Referee
I’m an ex Balmain fan

they should demerge and use the tigers brand for a new expansion side

the magpies however should move to Campbelltown

Wb1234

Referee
Not that i am for this, but the south west, would get the bulldogs attention (as gould has been pushing for) and central area probably would have souths, dogs, and easts eating into it also.. looking like a smart move from wests to get the CoE at concord, the home of the western suburbs
That kind of makes sense

dogs would need a new ground though at Liverpool for that for work

The Tigers would have been better off building the CoE in Macarthur and basing themselves there - The junior numbers out that way will surpass Penrith's in the not too distant future.

A name change to Macarthur Wests Tigers would galvanise the 3 factions as one entity so they all be on the same page - i.e Wests Ashfeld/Balmain/Macarthur Wests Magpies

1669428633795.png

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Tigers would have been better off building the CoE in Macarthur and basing themselves there - The junior numbers out that way will surpass Penrith's in the not too distant future.

A name change to Macarthur Wests Tigers would galvanise the 3 factions as one entity so they all be on the same page - i.e Wests Ashfeld/Balmain/Macarthur Wests Magpies

View attachment 68409
The corporate moneys in the city, they ain’t moving away from the $’s. not to mention at some Point they will wake up and play all their games in a decent stadium and commbank of Allianz are the only obvious choices.

Wb1234

Referee
Ab

View attachment 68409
Absolutely agree

Bukowski

Juniors
The corporate moneys in the city, they ain’t moving away from the $’s. not to mention at some Point they will wake up and play all their games in a decent stadium and commbank of Allianz are the only obvious choices.
You give them too much credit