What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Front-Rower

First Grade
go to

I tshould show a picture of " Chris Lawrence interview" arrow right until you see anothe picture of Lawrence in a black shirt with the wording "Is Tim Sheens the m "
We were the best team 2010, it was one moment of madness in that semi against the roosters that cost us imo

Someone2

Juniors
Disclaimer: This is from Buzz so take it for what you want

Tim Sheens has secretly met Parramatta Eels forward Nathan Brown as he looks to further strengthen Wests Tigers’ pack.
The pair were spotted having a coffee at Bar Biscotti in Strathfield on Wednesday.

Brown is under contract to the Eels next season but was given permission to negotiate with rival clubs midway through last season.

He was not used by coach Brad Arthur at the back end of the season until finally getting a start in the 17-man grand final squad.

Nathan Brown’s fairytale return to Wests Tigers is firming. Picture: Jonathan Ng

Nathan Brown’s fairytale return to Wests Tigers is firming. Picture: Jonathan Ng
Wests Tigers have already strengthened their pack with the additions of Dave Klemmer, Isaiah Papali’i and hooker Api Koroisau.

Adding Brown, 29, would leave them with one of the more experienced forward packs in the comp.

Brown would play at lock, the position originally earmarked for Jackson Hastings before he quit the club to play halfback for Newcastle Knights.
So this means no Bateman

I’m not buying into Rowdy and “could have beens” by way of success.

Im more interested in the here and now to be honest. That’s enough drama for us.

Tims made some very poor decisions since he arrived and a quiet Des consultancy would be a fresh set of eyes, dispassionate and fruitful.
I’m not saying Tim can’t coach us well ( I don’t know,nobody does), but he needs 2 converted tries in the last ten minutes at he moment using our late season backline.

simmo1

First Grade
We were the best team 2010, it was one moment of madness in that semi against the roosters that cost us imo

Dragons were comfortably the best team in 2010 but we were the only team who could have beat them.

The 2010-11 WT teams were frustratingly inconsistent. Leaky defence and lapses in concentration were rife throughout both seasons and the only things that prevented a 2nd premiership. It was no surprise to see both these issues raise their head in both finals series and cost us our season.

Das Hassler

Bench
I’m not buying into Rowdy and “could have beens” by way of success.

Im more interested in the here and now to be honest. That’s enough drama for us.

Not buying into Rowdy and what? He's giving his thoughts in an interview about a time in the club's history that he played a big part in...what's that got to do with the here and now?....the here and now cant wait for a couple of minutes?..you don't think there's enough discussion about the here and now to chew on? If you're not interested in his thoughts then don't listen. .but hey.. there are more than enough videos about coach Des out there and quite a few good ones from when he walked out on Manly and a few years later get booted from the dogs for sending them and their previously healthy cap to the scrapheap....yep we really could use a dose of his brand of club ( that he's never had any connection to) compassionate care . As for Madge in order for him to coach the two players he had a hand in bringing to the club..well that could only happen if he coached in '23 right?...seeing as we slipped down the ladder each of his 4 years ( including the ladder position at his axing) do you really think he was badly treated in not having the keys for a fifth year? And believe this...if Madge stayed till the end of the season and THEN got booted most here would fairly ask why wasn't it done earlier to get a headstart on next season?!

Not buying into Rowdy and what? He's giving his thoughts in an interview about a time in the club's history that he played a big part in...what's that got to do with the here and now?....the here and now cant wait for a couple of minutes?..you don't think there's enough discussion about the here and now to chew on? If you're not interested in his thoughts then don't listen. .but hey.. there are more than enough videos about coach Des out there and quite a few good ones from when he walked out on Manly and a few years later get booted from the dogs for sending them and their previously healthy cap to the scrapheap....yep we really could use a dose of his brand of club ( that he's never had any connection to) compassionate care . As for Madge in order for him to coach the two players he had a hand in bringing to the club..well that could only happen if he coached in '23 right?...seeing as we slipped down the ladder each of his 4 years ( including the ladder position at his axing) do you really think he was badly treated in not having the keys for a fifth year? And believe this...if Madge stayed till the end of the season and THEN got booted most here would fairly ask why wasn't it done earlier to get a headstart on next season?!
Fire up brother, I’m pleased to see you!

Anything else before i submit a response?

The Rosco

Bench
I didn’t want any post I made to stop the likes of Ned or Rosco or anyone else to post up any article about anything pro West Tigers

Im having a go at their Lordships at the club, not you guys.

I appreciate your thoughts and contribution. 110%.

Understand that I’d take a bullet for you blokes, even if you’re strangling me!

We live and die together!
Careful what you wish for.
Io sono Calabrese, amico mio.

super_coach

First Grade
Love our recruitment so far and our pack on paper is looking very strong. Our backline still looks bottom four standard but who knows, behind a quality pack they might surprise.
One thing we still lack is a young big athletic player on the edge. Most of the better clubs have one, tall big fast and skill full. Hopefully there is one lurking in our pathways system

Perth Tiger

Bench
Dragons were comfortably the best team in 2010 but we were the only team who could have beat them.

The 2010-11 WT teams were frustratingly inconsistent. Leaky defence and lapses in concentration were rife throughout both seasons and the only things that prevented a 2nd premiership. It was no surprise to see both these issues raise their head in both finals series and cost us our season.
Dragons had that huge monkey on their backs that year like Parra have now. They weren’t really tested in the GF but they were showing signs of panic in the prelim against us. And if Fitzhenry/Ryan ( can’t remember who) hadn’t kicked the ball on the 2nd or 3rd tackle in those last couple of minutes we probably had them.
If we got them in the GF it would of been a great game