What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Based on our recruitment so far I'm confident we'll be extremely competitive this year. Luck will determine if we make the gf again and not our personnal imo. Unknowns atm is one centre and one wing position, Cini and Komalafite? are my potential new players in those positions. There is also plenty of competition for second row and bench positions. I assume Asi will be the utility and he shows plenty of potential to be better than average and perhaps a smokie for a halves spot if one of our halves doesn't re-sign for 24. My prediction is that Hopgood will be our lock and be our player of the year. A very good pickup, amongst others, and plenty to be positive about our prospects.

parra pete

Referee
Based on our recruitment so far I'm confident we'll be extremely competitive this year. Luck will determine if we make the gf again and not our personnal imo. Unknowns atm is one centre and one wing position, Cini and Komalafite? are my potential new players in those positions. There is also plenty of competition for second row and bench positions. I assume Asi will be the utility and he shows plenty of potential to be better than average and perhaps a smokie for a halves spot if one of our halves doesn't re-sign for 24. My prediction is that Hopgood will be our lock and be our player of the year. A very good pickup, amongst others, and plenty to be positive about our prospects.
I can hardly wait until the end of 2024 so I can worry about who we will lose in 2026.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I still think we will be in the 5th-8th range I suspect similar to most of this year.

As we only snuck into the top 4 in the final round. While hovering in bottom half of the 8 for the whole season. Without dropping out of the 8 or consolidating in the 4.

I think our senior players and core of the squad will be better for the experience in making a GF. Previously we haven't stood up in finals. I suppose now we have that to look back on if we play in September again that we know we can go deep as long as we are there. And the week 2 exit bogey is off the back.

But overall our top 17 is strong while probably lost a bit of depth. If Junior and RCG get injured for an extended period I will be a little worried tbh. I think our depth in front row is weak.

Gronk

Staff member
I still think we will be in the 5th-8th range I suspect similar to most of this year.

As we only snuck into the top 4 in the final round. While hovering in bottom half of the 8 for the whole season. Without dropping out of the 8 or consolidating in the 4.

I think our senior players and core of the squad will be better for the experience in making a GF. Previously we haven't stood up in finals. I suppose now we have that to look back on if we play in September again that we know we can go deep as long as we are there. And the week 2 exit bogey is off the back.

But overall our top 17 is strong while probably lost a bit of depth. If Junior and RCG get injured for an extended period I will be a little worried tbh. I think our depth in front row is weak.
We were kissed in the dick with no injuries to our top players. Did any play less than 20 + games ?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon the World Cup hangover may have a serious impact. That and the uncertainty over Moses and Drown. There may also be a significant let down following our GF performance.
The last World Cup was 2017 and I recall only too well how 2018 ended.
Its probably a positive however that our forward roster has changed so much.
Im really hoping Emu and Ele get decent chances this year.
As always fingers crossed.

Noise

Coach
I reckon the World Cup hangover may have a serious impact. That and the uncertainty over Moses and Drown. There may also be a significant let down following our GF performance.
The World Cup can’t be used as an excuse. It has effected almost every team…same as it did in 2017.

Gronk

Staff member
Dude this was our Rnd 1 team in 2018.

25C00C83-B536-4282-B2D5-3AE091C035A6.jpeg

Gazzamatta

Coach
The World Cup can’t be used as an excuse. It has effected almost every team…same as it did in 2017.
Not an excuse at all. There are no excuses. I just reckon it impact us greatly. Time will tell. New coaches may help as well provided they have a voice.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Mate, I'm not match fit! :p

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The 2018 comp was the most even in the history of the NRL. That suggests a high degree of randomness (it all comes out in the wash) evening out the structural inequalities (resources) between the teams. The World Cup might have been a big factor there.