What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Moses 1.5M
Brooks 1M
Korisau 800K
Papali’i 750K
Bateman been offered 700+
klemmer 600k
stefano was signed on 500k before he played FG and has gotten and upgrade since than
Nofo 525K

theres more than half the cap on 8players .
or don’t the WOODEN SPOONERS have a salary cap?

every year Parra get picked apart by the salary cap and can’t sign anyone but the sh!t clubs like the tigers and Dogs can offer every player a million
$6.375M tied up in the top 8 players (by your numbers)
Salary cap next year to be at least $11.5M (Moses will only get big bucks if it goes up)
That leaves an average of $230K per player for the rest of the 22 players = manageable

Would be interested to see how much cap space is taken up by Moses, D Brown, N Brown, Gutho, RCG, Paulo, Matterson, Lane and Hodgson. I think if you went through most squads more than half their cap would be tied up in the top 8-10 players. Most players outside the top 17 would be on 150k - 200k

Tigerm

First Grade

Meanwhile, the Sea Eagles are reportedly set to sign former NSW Blues coach Laurie Daley.

Have the rules changed?
I thought we tried to get him, but couldn't because he was working for another betting mob?

The NRL finally caught up.

Restraint of trade?

Last edited:
Justin has mentioned a few times that our core focus is the footy and winning.

Well, if this is the program when we are trying, I would hate to think where we would be if we were not trying.

At the moment the club is looking like a rort for the matey mates giving themselves jobs and things.

We pay our board and executives etc top dollar to perform so badly.

But having given up on footy for the snout life, I think the club hierarchy could do a lot more to rip more out of the club and help themselves.

So in the white elephant coe, we should definitely have a pokies and VIP Player gamesroom.

Free drinks for players, spend some cash and set the winning pokie percentage at 55%

Suck in as many players in as possible and once they are addicted, start reducing the % wins over time until it’s at 20% with the odd 30% to keep up appearances.

Then the profits roll in and we can offer large bonuses to the board and executives.

And off set their lost cash in the salary cap

Let’s forget this pretence of footy and just admit that the whole idea of the club is to pay stupid and useless people because they think they are entitled to it.

Cut all the footy out.

We can start our own Wests Tigers credit card rort.

BitTiger digital money and other ways of ripping off heaps of people.

The Bank of Farah!

How much is Benji into the club for?

Would he train and coach for “the love of the club” he speaks of?!!

I say we put him on Centrelink equivalent and see how long he hangs around for.

That’s all that some of our fans and members get.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
And believe this...if Madge stayed till the end of the season and THEN got booted most here would fairly ask why wasn't it done earlier to get a headstart on next season?!
Do you believe we got a head start on season 2023 by sacking Madge?
If so, how?

stryker

First Grade
While I’m muttering on, young footy mate at work ( ex Panther junior, knows everyone) has just handed down his points score for the Wests Tigers, selected player rankings:

Out of ten, 5 is factory.

Doogie 7
Keps: 4
Nado: 5
Staines 5
Laurie: 5
Nofo: 6
Ken: 5
Brooksy: 6
Tommy: 5

Api: 8.5
Twal: 7.5
klem: 7
pole: 5
paps 8
Stef: 6
blorey 5.5 ( if he plays)

And a big surprise: tuki 7

Bateman 8

Where for comparisons Cleary is 9.5, Yeo a 9. He said there is no 10.

Total average of players he looked at ( more than the above) he rates 5.6

So on his reasoning by application, no injuries on paper 9th is the highest he thinks we can aspire to.

He thinks Ken can improve his game significantly by bulk handling drills over summer.

He thinks Klem is in the decline phase.

Stay tuned for his recommendations as to player training over the off season, including tailored sessions for individual players. Ie “ how they can fix their game”
Your mate is a proven deadshit. No wonder he didn’t go on.

Your mate is a proven deadshit. No wonder he didn’t go on.
He’s very keen on young Tuki, tbh it was a higher score, but I was worried someone would report me.

He also thought Hastings should have been captain last year ( after signing, but before he arrived) just like you.

The rule at the panthers in club training was that you were not allowed to belt first graders in case you actually injured one. So most of the first graders would hurt and niggle the kids without repercussions.

A notable exception was Naden, who refused to be a prick.

He always wanted to belt Matt Dufty, but you don’t have to have played the game to reach that conclusion.

He thought the cows paid too much for Lucy as he’s not a proper 80 minute footballer.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Mitch is just stringing the tigers along so they miss out on Bateman

everyone knows Moses is the biggest down hill skier in the comp on the very low chance he goes to the tigers enjoy paying him 1.5mil and being a bottom 4 club for the next 5years
I was going to post an answer, but I don't know how to spell schadenfreude.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Moses 1.5M
Brooks 1M
Korisau 800K
Papali’i 750K
Bateman been offered 700+
klemmer 600k
stefano was signed on 500k before he played FG and has gotten and upgrade since than
Nofo 525K

theres more than half the cap on 8players .
or don’t the WOODEN SPOONERS have a salary cap?

every year Parra get picked apart by the salary cap and can’t sign anyone but the sh!t clubs like the tigers and Dogs can offer every player a million

even if those figures were correct, which they aren’t, every single one is better value then Gutherson at $900k 😂

The Rosco

Bench
@Someone2 rhyno . . . Matey, I was just thinking about Parra.
And since you are the biggest Parra fan I know, I'll ask you . . . . . Do you think Mitch is dumping Parra for the mighty mighty WT because you guys are on the big slide, and we are on the way up ?
Think about it . . . Ice Tiger saw the writing on the wall, and bailed early. Apparently, you have lost a few other forwards. Now Moses to us. The window is slammin'.
I dunno, but it looks like your club is shit, and people are starting to see through the sham smokescreen the media has created.
Hang on . . . . does that mean that Gutho might not be a King after all ? !!!
Fine human being, that Mitchell fellow. Just goes about his business without the fuss. Treats his team-mates so respectfully. Goes to Aspen, looks at the mountain and says to himself " I'm skiing up there today "
Good international stock. A local junior that tried the latest craze, but has come back to his happy days.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Moses may indeed be a downhill skier, but my god the man can ski. Anyone who has ever been skiing knows that once you get to the bottom you have to make your way back up - slowly, usually via chairlift.

Parra is on the way down. Mitch has had his fun skiing...it's time to start heading back up the mountain.

If he does come back to WT, I really hope he does an apology video with him by the fireside with some skis in the background. Anyone who can take the piss out of themselves is alright in my books.

BrotherJim05

Bench
100% we need to lock Bateman down. Anything that comes after him is a nice to have but Bateman completes our forward pack.

If we got Bateman, Moses and Brown for 2023 I'm going to shit my pants

Reactions: 851

Latest posts