What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Hard to fathom some of the critics around the Socceroos 4-1 loss to current World Cup Champions France. We have a squad made up entirely of average players either from our own A League or lower tiers across the world. Not there fault we are entirely outclassed. I thought the fact we scored from open play was a great achievement and only conceded 4 was a pretty decent result.

Whino

Bench
Hard to fathom some of the critics around the Socceroos 4-1 loss to current World Cup Champions France. We have a squad made up entirely of average players either from our own A League or lower tiers across the world. Not there fault we are entirely outclassed. I thought the fact we scored from open play was a great achievement and only conceded 4 was a pretty decent result.

Completely different tier of class. A draw against in any of our matches quite frankly would be a pass.

Kilkenny

Coach
Completely different tier of class. A draw against in any of our matches quite frankly would be a pass.
Hopefully the Socceroos have a crack this evening against Tunisia. Not expecting too much just hope they have a red hot go and if we lose by two or more so be it. I can accept losing, but at least go down fighting Trying to win.

soc123_au

Staff member
Hopefully the Socceroos have a crack this evening against Tunisia. Not expecting too much just hope they have a red hot go and if we lose by two or more so be it. I can accept losing, but at least go down fighting Trying to win.
They did alright. Much better than against France. Tunisia came hard in the last 20 minutes, the defence was not perfect, but the commitment was. Souttar was a beast. Ryan made excellent decisions as well. Now a draw against Denmark next up and they will have over achieved massively.

martielang

Bench
They did alright. Much better than against France. Tunisia came hard in the last 20 minutes, the defence was not perfect, but the commitment was. Souttar was a beast. Ryan made excellent decisions as well. Now a draw against Denmark next up and they will have over achieved massively.

Actually think Rowles next to Souttar at CB was just as good but because of Souttars tackle, has been a little bit forgotten about. Going to be a serious pairing for years to come.

Few good young kids in the squad, and a few who didn’t make it, who should be in their prime in the next couple of World Cups.

A draw against the Danes would be unreal. Arnie from the outhouse to the penthouse.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I have coffee with a few mates most weeks with sometimes a ring in or two. One of the blokes I knew his grandson Karl Lawton played for the Sea eagles he told me months ago that another grand child was playing junior reps for Penrith and didnt mention his name. He told me this week he was training with FG. I asked his name and he told me Ryley Smith. I was gobsmacked !! He informed me he wanted to pursue a career in NRL and not cricket.

Whino

Bench
It is never fair to compare a bloke to past players from different eras.The game has changed from Stereos era.
Nathan's career should be look at after he retires. Which should be a long-time away.