What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season "23 bolters.

Kilkenny

Coach
Be great to unearth a quality outside back in 2023 to replace Stephen Crichton assuming he will be a Bulldog in 2024.

Know nothing about Simon Tito, can’t recall whether I’ve seen him or not, but from what Peter Lang says it sounds promising.

Kilkenny

Coach
Definitely, not sure about whether he could make the grade at centre but certainly wing/fullback.

Obviously the Bulldogs intentions are to play Crichton in the 1, I’m not totally convinced he is guaranteed to be success in the fullback role.

Definitely, not sure about whether he could make the grade at centre but certainly wing/fullback.

Obviously the Bulldogs intentions are to play Crichton in the 1, I’m not totally convinced he is guaranteed to be success in the fullback role.
Presumably he will need to get into line to play fullback; I am not sure JAC has had his promised crack yet..

Munky

Coach
Outside of magnificent defensive plays in clutch situations has Critter ever made a great individual play in attack?

The GF was probably the best line he has run in his career however that was likely a set play.

When Critter gets early ball against back pedalling defences he doesn't seem to know what to do with the space.

Hopefully he proves me wrong next year (like Edwards) and regresses in 2024 with the Dogs.

IMO Tago has show more eyes up footy with ball in hand.

forby

Juniors
Why the death wish? Critter hasn’t signed anywhere and the way the Bulldogs recruitment is going they won’t have any space to sign him.

Bob

Juniors
Apparently Cole, Henry and Ryley Smith are looking really good in preseason according to Garner via the DT today.

NRL 2023 pre-season watch: Penrith young guns turning heads at Panthers training​

With the loss of several premiership stars, there are spots up for grabs at Penrith ... and three young Panthers are turning heads at pre-season training. See the latest pre-season news.

Fatima Kdouh Fatima Kdouh

@FatimaKdouh_

December 6, 2022 - 5:58PM
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...bdf7c8895472e85b11e924ce52c3e?amp#share-tools

YOUNG PANTHERS TURN UP THE HEAT
The smallest taste of NRL football for Penrith’s generation next has ignited an intense battle for round one spots at the Panthers.
Rising forward Liam Henry, along with playmaker Jack Cole and rookie dummy half Ryley Smith are all turning heads at pre-season training.
Henry and Cole, who helped Penrith’s NSW Cup side to title victory, were handed their NRL debuts from the bench in round 25 when coach Ivan Cleary rested a slew of stars leading into finals series.
Wily hooker Smith was part of the Panthers’ grand final winning Jersey Flegg outfit.
And the youngsters are doing everything possible to ensure they are in the mix for NRL selection.
New recruit Luke Garner was full of praise for Henry with the 21-year-old making his mark in the fitness stakes.
Liam Henry on the charge for Penrith. NRL Imagery

“There’s a couple of young kids that have come back flying. There is young Liam Henry, who is a middle forward. I think he has played a bit of reserve grade now too. He’s come up and he honestly just eats up fitness for fun. It’s pretty impressive, I envy him a lot,” Garner said.
“Some of the others too, like Riley Smith and Jack Cole, who are super fit as well. They’re impressive athletes too.”

Kilkenny

Coach
Why the death wish? Critter hasn’t signed anywhere and the way the Bulldogs recruitment is going they won’t have any space to sign him.
I don’t think we as fans have a death wish, I think it is just the disappointment around not being able to retain home grown developed talent. Having said that, if we do have to ‘lose’ or not able to ‘retain’ one of Crichton, To’o or Lenui then perhaps Crichton is the one loss we may be able to replace more adequately. He may be the one who we may miss less. It is a huge call either way.

Iamback

Coach
Be great to unearth a quality outside back in 2023 to replace Stephen Crichton assuming he will be a Bulldog in 2024.

Know nothing about Simon Tito, can’t recall whether I’ve seen him or not, but from what Peter Lang says it sounds promising.

He played in Rounds 1-4 in Jersey Flegg

Kilkenny

Coach
He played in Rounds 1-4 in Jersey Flegg
I was at one or two of those games, don’t remember him, which means nothing in the scheme of things.

Regardless, it is always nice to hear some positive news about youngsters in our production line, we need it.

Iamback

Coach
I was at one or two of those games, don’t remember him, which means nothing in the scheme of things.

Regardless, it is always nice to hear some positive news about youngsters in our production line, we need it.

He is the number 4 who scores about a 1 min in. Very much looks like Crichton

Latest posts