What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

I grew up a couple of years in Melbourne, but as a youngster, was not captured by AFL.

Thence a season for the school side in Sydney, unable to break into the premier winter sports.

Less enthusiastic about the game when my wrist was broken in 3 places in training, but upon being healed, I was rushed back into the side.

Sadly, after leading in the first “quarter” in the first final we were flogged senseless.

Accordingly, AFL is another sport competing for players against Rugby League whereby I played park.

And I greatly enjoyed being tackled by 2 blokes and being driven hard into the cyclone fencing. No mercy. The greatest game of all.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
V’landys is always good for a comment… cocaine smuggler on the Goldie

“From here on the clubs won’t have to sign a new agreement every 10 years,” V’landys said.

There will be certain clauses to ensure the integrity of the competition around governance and that licenses could be terminated in extreme circumstances.
V’landys uses the Gold Coast Titans as an example.
“Right now the Titans have two great owners,” V’landys said, “I hope they keep the ownership forever.
“But what if they decide to sell down the track?
“What if we find out a year later that the new owner is actually an international cocaine smuggler.
“What if he goes to jail. It’s only that sort of scenario that might put a license at risk.”
The NRL will also ease back on demands that a certain quota of women need to be on club boards and in senior management positions as part of the agreements.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good Luck, that will need a very big carrot. Theyve been trying to get clubs on perpetual licenses for twenty years. He can spin it that it’s to give clubs security, but the clubs know it’s they’re main bargaining chip when it comes to grant renegotiations to threaten to break away. I wonder what he’s offering them?

Wb1234

Referee
If this is accurate, looks like the CBA may be finalised sooner than later -

Rumoured to range between 11.5 to 12.5 million pa with clubs getting 5 million pa on top

happy days and it will probably still see the arlc profit at 50 million pa

Munky

Coach
I judge all supporters on their interpretation of financial reports.

What do you think of Panthers interpretation of AASB 15: Revenue from Contracts with Customers?

Or the way AASB 16 artificially inflates gross assets across all clubs due to recognising operating leases on the balance sheet?

Or the Cowboys having a current ratio below 1 in their 21 fin stats. Donkey should be screaming about the potential liquidity crisis there.

The big questions not being discussed on the forum. Must be a mod conspiracy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rumoured to range between 11.5 to 12.5 million pa with clubs getting 5 million pa on top

happy days and it will probably still see the arlc profit at 50 million pa
Interesting, at top end of your guess that’s an extra $89.5mill a year to clubs compared to 2019..
Nrl total revenue is only predicted to go up by $90mill compared to 2019.
you’re also saying nrl is going to make $22mill more surplus than in 2019.
That’s a gap of at least $21.5 million
I wonder where that’s coming from?