What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
The Dogs are trying to win a comp on credit.

The bill will come eventually but with Des they made two GFs with the YOLO cap strategy.

Iamback

Coach
The Dogs are trying to win a comp on credit.

The bill will come eventually but with Des they made two GFs with the YOLO cap strategy.

They had a lot of plodders in that side too, It certainly wasn't to this level.
I can't remember a side being successful on a whole virtual bought team.

Roosters brought Cronk and co but had the makings of a good side before that

Munky

Coach
They had a lot of plodders in that side too, It certainly wasn't to this level.
I can't remember a side being successful on a whole virtual bought team.

Roosters brought Cronk and co but had the makings of a good side before that

The Roosters bought Cronk, Teddy and Keary. The backbone of their 18 and 19 premiership teams.

I'll give them a pass on Keary since Rusty forced him out of Souths. Given Keary has the second best GF performance of the last twenty years it was an incredibly stupid move.

Iamback

Coach
The Roosters bought Cronk, Teddy and Keary. The backbone of their 18 and 19 premiership teams.

I'll give them a pass on Keary since Rusty forced him out of Souths. Given Keary has the second best GF performance of the last twenty years it was an incredibly stupid move.

They won the comp in 2013
Minor Premiers 2014, 2015
finished 2nd in 2016

So the base of the side was there, They replaced Maloney with Keary.
Mitchell Pearce got replaced with Cronk
Minichello retired - Teddy came in.

The issue is with Bulldogs are they aren't settled enough to be that side that runs 6th for a couple of years. Then makes the changes for that next step. As is often the case with premiership sides

betcats

Referee
I wonder why?

Easier path to first grade at sharks and I think here at Penrith Jack Cole is being looked at as the next young half in the pecking order. He jumped Puru in the pecking order this season. Start of the year with Cleary out Puru was playing cup and Cole sg ball then flegg, by the end of the year with CLeary or Luai out Cole was playing cup and Puru playing flegg with Cole advancing all the way to a FG debut in that cowboys game.

Iamback

Coach
Easier path to first grade at sharks and I think here at Penrith Jack Cole is being looked at as the next young half in the pecking order. He jumped Puru in the pecking order this season. Start of the year with Cleary out Puru was playing cup and Cole sg ball then flegg, by the end of the year with CLeary or Luai out Cole was playing cup and Puru playing flegg with Cole advancing all the way to a FG debut in that cowboys game.

This. We can dispute why Cole jumped him but Cole is in front of him.

Two points: 1. Do you believe Cole will be trained as a utility and 2 I wonder if his brother is with the club?

betcats

Referee
Two points: 1. Do you believe Cole will be trained as a utility and 2 I wonder if his brother is with the club?

H. Puru left also. Cole I am not sure, he already has utility value given his perfomances in the centres last year in cup. I dont know how they will train him but I think at some point he will play FG off our bench in a utility type role. Cole is a tall guy at 6'2, he could fill out enough to cover backrow along with the halves and centres which would make him a good utility option.

Iamback

Coach
H. Puru left also. Cole I am not sure, he already has utility value given his perfomances in the centres last year in cup. I dont know how they will train him but I think at some point he will play FG off our bench in a utility type role. Cole is a tall guy at 6'2, he could fill out enough to cover backrow along with the halves and centres which would make him a good utility option.

Cole looks the Salmon role long term,

betcats

Referee
This. We can dispute why Cole jumped him but Cole is in front of him.

Yep and I think the players could see it better than us being on the inside. Cole is a half that is younger than Puru and at the end of the season had progressed to a higher level and was being picked in cup ahead of him, Puru would see the writing on the wall.

betcats

Referee
Cole looks the Salmon role long term,

I think he will be used in that role but I think for himself he would want to start down the line and probably in the halves, if he continues to kick on he will get his chance at some club eventually.

Iamback

Coach
Yep and I think the players could see it better than us being on the inside. Cole is a half that is younger than Puru and at the end of the season had progressed to a higher level and was being picked in cup ahead of him, Puru would see the writing on the wall.

We haven't announced what contract Cole is on yet, Given he can play 6, 7, Centre on both sides of the field.
Give him a few pre-seasons and maybe he can do a job in the backrow. He looks a better option for a Development deal or player 30 in the squad

Iamback

Coach
I think he will be used in that role but I think for himself he would want to start down the line and probably in the halves, if he continues to kick on he will get his chance at some club eventually.

Likely turns into a Leinu situation we have now but that is a good problem to have. If we get 2-3 seasons from him as a benchie/Back up half then it is a good run

Iamback

Coach
The kid we signed from NZ will be another utility option if he is as good as advertised. Plays at 6 and in the backrow already.

I need to see more of him in defence and if Tito is going as well as reported then there will be some great options