What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
I bet it changes now the Democrats have lost control of their biggest platform. That is unless the Republicans now see an opportunity to get Twitter onside.

But whether it’s in support of the current government or the next one (because Twitter can skew perceptions of the two parties and thus influence elections), there are absolutely free speech violations occurring on the platform. Any denial of this is a semantic game.
Do you know what date the Democrats lose control of the house ? Half past next month.

Mate, the three letter agencies have been running protection for the right for f**king decades, think McCarthyism for a start.

It's f**king hilarious how now that so called conservatives are seeing themselves as the victims of these agencies, rather than the beneficiaries that it's this huge f**king deal like never before seen.
I don't really think that's the same thing and it was a different era. And they copped a bit of flak for that.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't really think that's the same thing and it was a different era. And they copped a bit of flak for that.

Well no, that was a shit ton worse, I mean folks "disappeared", but anyways, that's just an example

Do you really think they stopped doing shit in the fifties and just started pulling it again because Trump.

Or do you think maybe shit's been going on since forever?

Well no, that was a shit ton worse, I mean folks "disappeared", but anyways, that's just an example

Do you really think they stopped doing shit in the fifties and just started pulling it again because Trump.

Or do you think maybe shit's been going on since forever?
Considering that people have very little choice in who governs them I can't really think of anything comparable in recent times. And if there is something comparable then I'd want those merkins punished too.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Considering that people have very little choice in who governs them I can't really think of anything comparable in recent times. And if there is something comparable then I'd want those merkins punished too.

Sorry, just to clarify , we're talking about suppression of the story of Hunter's laptop here, and the FBI's advice to Twitter regards that yeah?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yes, which potentially changed the result of the election.

Cool, it's just that the way you were presenting it, it sounded like they did something really bad.

Let's suppose for a minute that the "laptop" is a big nothing-burger, after all we don't have a non partisan or reliable source as to what it actually contains, so suppose it's basically a re-run of the Steele Dossier, and we'll suppose for a moment that suppressing the story on Twitter ( despite News Corp running with it ) actually did change the outcome of the election.

Which is to say had it not been suppressed, a bullshit story then changes the outcome of the election.

Is that a just outcome, and if so why?

Cool, it's just that the way you were presenting it, it sounded like they did something really bad.

Let's suppose for a minute that the "laptop" is a big nothing-burger, after all we don't have a non partisan or reliable source as to what it actually contains, so suppose it's basically a re-run of the Steele Dossier, and we'll suppose for a moment that suppressing the story on Twitter ( despite News Corp running with it ) actually did change the outcome of the election.

Which is to say had it not been suppressed, a bullshit story then changes the outcome of the election.

Is that a just outcome, and if so why?
Lol. In your hypothetical scenario the voters misinterpret information and the 'wrong' outcome is achieved,so actual suppression of information about candidates doesn't matter.
So yeah, they did do something really bad, just to be clear

Bandwagon

Staff member
Lol. In your hypothetical scenario the voters misinterpret information and the 'wrong' outcome is achieved,so actual suppression of information about candidates doesn't matter.
So yeah, they did do something really bad, just to be clear

No, not at all.

The only change is the story runs on Twitter, and the assumption that not running it changing the actual outcome is conceded.

All information we have elsewise remains the same, we just assume that the reports on the contents end up being for the most part bullshit. Which regardless of your opinion, is just as likely as not. Probably more so.

No, not at all.

The only change is the story runs on Twitter, and the assumption that not running it changing the actual outcome is conceded.

All information we have elsewise remains the same, we just assume that the reports on the contents end up being for the most part bullshit. Which regardless of your opinion, is just as likely as not. Probably more so.
I don't believe they thought it was bullshit as they had the laptop for 11 months prior to the NYP story. They only appeared to seed the idea of hacked materials when they knew the story was about to drop.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't believe they thought it was bullshit as they had the laptop for 11 months prior to the NYP story. They only appeared to seed the idea of hacked materials when they knew the story was about to drop.

I understand you believe it's all legit, whatever. I'm not asking you to change your mind, that'd be futile, what I'm asking you to consider is what if it isn't.

The FBI seized the laptop through a subpoena from a court investigating Hunter's dealings, so there is a clear line that they'd investigate it's contents, there's no f**king way they could just sit on it for all this time.

But at this point nothing?

I understand you believe it's all legit, whatever. I'm not asking you to change your mind, that'd be futile, what I'm asking you to consider is what if it isn't.

The FBI seized the laptop through a subpoena from a court investigating Hunter's dealings, so there is a clear line that they'd investigate it's contents, there's no f**king way they could just sit on it for all this time.

But at this point nothing?
I'd say they could sit on it if acting on it screws Joe and if they really don't want that. What's a little grifting matter if you can get Trump out? To plenty I'd say not much.
I have already considered whether or not it's legit and believe it is. If it's not it's not.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'd say they could sit on it if acting on it screws Joe and if they really don't want that. What's a little grifting matter if you can get Trump out? To plenty I'd say not much.
I have already considered whether or not it's legit and believe it is. If it's not it's not.

Trumps been out for near two years.

The GOP have a real hard on for this shit, and history tells us they were gonna make ground in the midterms, meaning if you're sitting on it two f**king years later, your career prospects aren't looking real hot.

You gotta be pretty committed to take that fall.

Trumps been out for near two years.

The GOP have a real hard on for this shit, and history tells us they were gonna make ground in the midterms, meaning if you're sitting on it two f**king years later, your career prospects aren't looking real hot.

You gotta be pretty committed to take that fall.
People really hate Trump. Maybe they view it as national security or tell themselves that. I don't think everyone behaves rationally.

Latest posts