What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

Wigansfinest

Juniors
When Brodie Croft is the best player in the comp there are huge issues
Croft just racked up quite a few points at the end of the year for Salford tbf. French field and welsby all had better years. I would say with croft he’s always had ability just played will little confidence at the broncs. I’m pretty sure at the of next season someone will sign him up and he’ll go decent

No apasai and kikau will even that up somewhat, but yeah the ESL isn't as competetive as the NRL, they are good tho, but probably just as good as the QRL cup, in terms of competition... we'll see how seriously we take it...
Probably a decade from now PENRITH will need to be split into 2 teams just from amount of winning that goes on (aka Dragons/Sharks in '67)
East and West Penrith!

The ultimate in smug, lol awesome!

Imagine the local derby’s!

I bet @Murraymob1 is one of those f**ked up feral western Smugs.

Wander around the emu plains and eat road kill off of the end of the m4.

Two nrl conferences,

West v East Penrith every round

And then the rest of us.

Cut down on travel for the locals.

East Penrith could play out of that afl edifice thing near Blackers, across the road from that soccer thingy.

Des Hasler to return home and coach East Penrith. Plenty of those awesome Samoans to choose from. Half of their National side was born in St Marys and Rooty Hill anyway!

Last edited:

Murraymob1

Juniors
East and West Penrith!

Two nrl conferences,

And then the rest of us.

East Penrith could play out of that afl edifice thing near Blackers, across the road from that soccer thingy.

Des Hasler to return home and coach East Penrith. Plenty of those awesome Samoans to choose from. Half of their National side was born in St Marys and Rooty Hill anyway!
You must be happy half your merged team will be east the other half west .You just have to decide which one of the 200 home grounds you will play at

MugaB

Coach
East and West Penrith!

Two nrl conferences,

And then the rest of us.

This sounds like a goer, and we'll let Ivan look after the feral west Penrith side, where all those dubbo, forbes, temora and bathurst ferals came from... you know all the non-samoans, it will look a bit like this weekends match in old Trafford, Nate Vs Luai, ...basically

MugaB

Coach
You must be happy half your merged team will be east the other half west .You just have to decide which one of the 200 home grounds you will play at
Thats mean... you know as soon as they announce east penrith as the 18th team, the smugness will amplify tenfold, and wests tigers will get demoted from smug 2.0 to jr smug v3.0... the funk will engulf western Sydney so hard, that licorce all sorts will rain from the skies and blanket everything, the rivers will seize and ivan head will grow so large from smugness, that you'll see it above the treeline...
20200705_095616.jpg
Dont worry tho he'll still wave hello to all surrounding communities, even those from nearby western suburbs

Murraymob1

Juniors
Be interesting to see when they list the World Cup players back at training asunder the players agreement they have to have a certain amount of time off before training g and playing again .the game is right on the edge of the time frame

snickers007

Juniors
Be interesting to see when they list the World Cup players back at training asunder the players agreement they have to have a certain amount of time off before training g and playing again .the game is right on the edge of the time frame

At least 6 weeks off at the end of the season (annual leave).
Minimum 14 consecutive days off over Xmas/New Year.
Must have at least 3 weeks of training before playing.
No weekend training during pre-season.

So they'd need to be back at training on Friday 27th of January to be eligible for the WCC.
Unsure whether the club can/will count the 2 weeks over Xmas as part of their 6 weeks annual leave (or when their annual leave officially starts).

Regardless, we've got a big chunk of our squad on very short pre-seasons.
Hopefully our stellar injury run continues in 2023, and we can strategically rest players throughout the season.

Iamback

Coach
At least 6 weeks off at the end of the season (annual leave).
Minimum 14 consecutive days off over Xmas/New Year.
Must have at least 3 weeks of training before playing.
No weekend training during pre-season.

So they'd need to be back at training on Friday 27th of January to be eligible for the WCC.
Unsure whether the club can/will count the 2 weeks over Xmas as part of their 6 weeks annual leave (or when their annual leave officially starts).

Regardless, we've got a big chunk of our squad on very short pre-seasons.
Hopefully our stellar injury run continues in 2023, and we can strategically rest players throughout the season.

Players can comeback early if they want but need to apply to RLPA and NRL.

The round 3 bye is useful here, You can give guys a mini break.

Taylan should certainly play, Tago didn't get much gametime but depends on his shoulder or not

Original Name

Juniors
Pretty much a Penrith off wish. Very quick line speed grind teams down the middle with a massive pack let the half’s do the rest of the work. If walmsley isn’t fit it will be over 40. Their 7 dodd just spent 6 months out with injury which ended his season so another doubt there. Lost Regan grace to french rugby union and lost woolf to the dolphins so gonna be unsettled. Hoskins peach garner will not look out of place put it that way
They play much more off the cuff than us. We're probably the most structured team in the NRL and they're less structured than any NRL team.
When Brodie Croft is the best player in the comp there are huge issues
Jai Field probably had a better year tbf. Croft went well and just got it anyway.

MugaB

Coach
Players can comeback early if they want but need to apply to RLPA and NRL.

The round 3 bye is useful here, You can give guys a mini break.

Taylan should certainly play, Tago didn't get much gametime but depends on his shoulder or not
Taylan is suspended, remember deferred sentence for decking that amateur photographer

Murraymob1

Juniors
At what stage will the St. Helens team be at season wise.We are starting our season at the beginning .Has there season started

Murraymob1

Juniors
What a joke trying to get tickets .went on line through all the process to the end then it’s processing for 40 minutes when I just gave up and called there advice come into the Ticketek office .impossible with my work hours

Iamback

Coach
What a joke trying to get tickets .went on line through all the process to the end then it’s processing for 40 minutes when I just gave up and called there advice come into the Ticketek office .impossible with my work hours

That is Ticketek for you

YoungPanther

Juniors
Mine took like 2 minutes so not sure why the difficulty. Maybe the site was busy.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Well. I just left my phone running g it eventually connected got 3 tickets eastern grandstand .now just have to decide who is coming with me lol

Latest posts