What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Bazal

Post Whore
It would be interesting to know Parra's thinking in agreeing to a player option until 2031.

It's a bit weird but I guess if he wants to stay the negotiations are already done. And if he wants to go he'll go anyway. Plus with regular cap increases it might be a way to give him a long term deal without locking in a salary that might be light, if they're smart

If course it's Parramatta so that last bit is redundant

Bazal

Post Whore
Eight year player option for a running five eighth.

Why?

I mean it's pretty weird but it ain't 8 years

It's a contract until end 2025 then 2 x 3 year player options. It's almost like they wanted to give him the Taumolololol but both parties looked at the Cowboys right at signing time and went "actually...."

Bazal

Post Whore
Dyl Bro goes all Foran with injuries and he's locked himself in for eight years of guaranteed star pay.

Meh. It's the risk you take.

Previous Parra would have let him walk to the Dolphins for 650k and signed Ben Roberts and John Morris so I'm happy to fall down on the side of wrapping him up.

Previous Parra would have let him walk to the Dolphins for 650k and signed Ben Roberts and John Morris so I'm happy to fall down on the side of wrapping him up.
But a player option doesn’t wrap him up longer term; just gives him optionality. If that was the price you had to pay to lock him in for the next few years so be it; but is is betting the farm on a short premiership window.

Iamback

Coach

Say you signed him on a good deal for the club, When it comes to option time then he is opting out and getting a bigger payday.

Very strange deal

Wb1234

Referee
But a player option doesn’t wrap him up longer term; just gives him optionality. If that was the price you had to pay to lock him in for the next few years so be it; but is is betting the farm on a short premiership window.
It’s basically useless here

in five years time the cap will be way higher he will want more to extend with parra

it gives parra no benefit at all

MugaB

Coach
It’s basically useless here

in five years time the cap will be way higher he will want more to extend with parra

it gives parra no benefit at all
It sets up Parra to lock in DylBro, and let his Halves partner know he will be there..
This whole contract is so transparent, its all to keep Mitchel Moses where he is...1st thing every marquee player asks is who is my coach, where am i playing, WHO am I playing with... tigers must have their claws in, to make parra upgrade DylBRO a contract that good in his favour for that long... its usually salary cap suicide, but i get why.. dolphins and others were looking at dylbro and moses, now they'll be less of that, since parra will now lock them both up, knowing they'll be together, they wont move... if one of them left, the other would too

Bazal

Post Whore
I mean it's pretty weird but theres a lot of hyperbole over it lol...he wasn't exactly gonna sign a club option. It's probably spot on that it allows us to convince him and Moses to hang around long term, and this was the way to get DylBro in without committing forever before Moses signed. I'd also not be surprised if the options factor in cap options for any increases etc.