What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Murraymob1

Juniors
Sad to see the violence in the A league last night.it one thing to protest but the physically attack a player is a all time low
People wonder why a game that has massive juniors never kicks of as major sport at a senior level.This is not new and has been happening since the 69s .Not usually with a player attacked

age.s

First Grade
Sad to see the violence in the A league last night.it one thing to protest but the physically attack a player is a all time low
People wonder why a game that has massive juniors never kicks of as major sport at a senior level.This is not new and has been happening since the 69s .Not usually with a player attacked
I love the sport, but if it ever wants to be a serious player in this country they need to get rid of the wannabe ultras. This is the worst incident but its far from the first and won't be the last. There is a league wide culture problem and no one seems to want to address it cause "unique selling point!!!!"

Lots of talk of life bans but many of the instigators already had one. There should be no crowds for that club (and potentially the whole league) until a system that will actually make stadium bans enforceable is produced, preferably to standards acceptable to an independent auditor.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I love the sport, but if it ever wants to be a serious player in this country they need to get rid of the wannabe ultras. This is the worst incident but its far from the first and won't be the last. There is a league wide culture problem and no one seems to want to address it cause "unique selling point!!!!"

Lots of talk of life bans but many of the instigators already had one. There should be no crowds for that club (and potentially the whole league) until a system that will actually make stadium bans enforceable is produced, preferably to standards acceptable to an independent auditor.

The problem is, For the forseeable future the security will be huge.

The fans will then whinge about it and the cycle will continue

As for life bans, They never work as someone else just buys the tickets. Security are slammed and can't check every person's face

Munky

Coach

No juniors kick on as soccer in this country is pay to play at teenage rep levels.

If To'o, Jerome and Critter were gun soccer juniors they would never get to play rep as teenagers due to the cost. In league as far as I'm aware the rep teams/coaching clinics are funded by the NRL/clubs and not by the parents.

Huge amounts of talent is wasted. A workmate was telling me he played some representative soccer as a teen but the best players his in team at general club level never got to because their parents couldn't afford it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I hope everyone had a good (or at least passable Christmas). My Christmas was very quiet after a whistlestop visit to Penrith in the lead up to Christmas...(for a daughter visit).

I keep in touch with her every day by video phone calls....(which is wonderful) The upshot of the stroke and brain surgery is that she struggles at times to hold her head up, without pillow support.

When you think about where things might have been, she has gotten off very lightly.

I'm currently settled into the boxing day test, whilst attempting to eat all the left overs......

Take care.

I hope everyone had a good (or at least passable Christmas). My Christmas was very quiet after a whistlestop visit to Penrith in the lead up to Christmas...(for a daughter visit).

I keep in touch with her every day by video phone calls....(which is wonderful) The upshot of the stroke and brain surgery is that she struggles at times to hold her head up, without pillow support.

When you think about where things might have been, she has gotten off very lightly.

I'm currently settled into the boxing day test, whilst attempting to eat all the left overs......

Take care.
Not good about your daughter. Found out that my left artery is 70% blocked.

Last edited:

Latest posts