What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Critter showed his true character when he agreed to a deal but asked us to wait for him to sign it, and then decided to milk us for more money when he was ready to sign.

He supposedly asks for us to table a deal for him, then decides he doesn't even want to hear it and confirms he has no interest in playing for us in 2024. Says he's disappointed we signed others, but that's his own fault too. He's trying to bleed us for every cent he can get, has zero loyalty to the club or his word and we have 30 players we need to fit under the salary cap. Not just him.

He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is either. He's no better now than he was in his debut season. He hasn't kicked on. He has always been paid on his potential and while he has had some great games for us, he's not worth close to the $750k we supposedly were going to offer him.

I am glad he's leaving. Compare the way he has treated the club to the loyalty and patience guys like To'o, Luai, Edwards etc. have shown. Those guys love the club. They're happy with a fair contract and to be part of a successful club with their mates. Crichton would rather a few extra bucks elsewhere. That's his right, but I certainly won't miss him.
Well put, however, I am concerned that Leniu will leave too.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Critter showed his true character when he agreed to a deal but asked us to wait for him to sign it, and then decided to milk us for more money when he was ready to sign.

wasn’t the story that he negotiated a handshake deal with Ivan (irony) when he was 19 and didn’t have a manager? Then when he got professional advice found out he had been taken for a ride? That’s actually poor on the panthers behalf imo

wasn’t the story that he negotiated a handshake deal with Ivan (irony) when he was 19 and didn’t have a manager? Then when he got professional advice found out he had been taken for a ride? That’s actually poor on the panthers behalf imo
Actually he was older and he did have a manager.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
He had a manager before Ayoub. Wanted to wait until the contract with the former manager was up but agreed to $500k at the back end of 2020. As soon as Ayoub came in the price was raised.

Vic Mackey

Referee
What’s poor mate, is the Tigers.
Yes they are, not quiet as poor as your retorts though

He had a manager before Ayoub. Wanted to wait until the contract with the former manager was up but agreed to $500k at the back end of 2020. As soon as Ayoub came in the price was raised.
So he made the deal without manager advice, I suppose you can say he’s old enough to buy a house etc he’s old enough to negotiate a contract. Still I’m not sure getting a kid to agree to a deal without advice is the most ethical thing to do. Probably poor on both parties parts tbh.

Interesting that breaking a hand shake deal is frowned upon in pantherland, yet breaking a 4 year contract is totally fine 😉

MugaB

Coach

So he made the deal without manager advice, I suppose you can say he’s old enough to buy a house etc he’s old enough to negotiate a contract. Still I’m not sure getting a kid to agree to a deal without advice is the most ethical thing to do. Probably poor on both parties parts tbh.

Interesting that breaking a hand shake deal is frowned upon in pantherland, yet breaking a 4 year contract is totally fine 😉
Ivan was pushed out buddy... remember the whole "untenable" crap coming out of tigers camp? Ivan would have stayed till the contract ended, tigers fans so butthurt he wanted to be elsewhere, they ushered him out quicksmart, so they wouldnt look so weak

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ivan was pushed out buddy... remember the whole "untenable" crap coming out of tigers camp? Ivan would have stayed till the contract ended, tigers fans so butthurt he wanted to be elsewhere, they ushered him out quicksmart, so they wouldnt look so weak
You still believe in the Tooth Fairy don’t you

He had agreed to in consultation with his previous manager. He then stated he wanted to wait until he found a new manager, and wanted.more money, before he signed.

Also, Ivan was prepared to see out his contact with the tigers. The tigers got the shits, which made it untenable for both parties. Do not rewrite history.

MugaB

Coach
If you want to bag the tigers go for it, it won’t go close to the shit I say about them
Fair enough... shant be kicking them whilst their down... but reality was rose tinted glasses from most tigers fans hating on Ivan when the situation was drama fuelled media pushing their hands

Iamback

Coach
If Penrith ended up paying him more, then clearly it was

That wasn't the question. You said they took him for a ride, Clubs don't just pluck these figures out of thin air. Likely another team or teams put in offers and the club matched it.

Munky

Coach
Is $500k at 19. With 15 odd NRL games a bad deal?

Yes, if you can get $100k to $150k more for the same period which he did.

If the Dogs do pay him $200k more per season for two years then his negotiating shenanigans will be worth $600k to $700k to him over a four year period.

Pretty effective under any metric.

Also lol at 'gentleman's agreement'. Luke Lewis backed out of a deal with the Rabbits to stay with us. Who gives a f**k really? What next, did he besmirch his honour?

Any contract could be his last. Get the biggest bag possible until every financial goal is met and then take team friendly deals if you want more trophies.

Last edited:

Latest posts