What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you eating right now?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just had pearl perch fillets fried in butter, sliced potatoes done in the butter and a green salad. Pearl Perch was superb, one of the best eating fish around, a winner like the prawns earlier.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Home made chicken special fried rice tonight with decent well -cooked chucks of chicken.

Not the junior left over stringy soupy slithers you get sometimes.

chicken fried independently, no fatty skin.

Saturday night the better half made a chicken, chilli and coriander risotto, bloody nice and nice chunks of chicken breast all the way through it. Had the left overs last night for an easy dinner, after a nice long lunch out.

Last edited:
So did you end up having vegetarian tacos in the end ?
I’d had one plate and was coming back for seconds. So it was cheese and tomato.

I had reason to the check the bom website an hour or so ago, 10% rain, so…it’s raining hard now, full on lightning and thunder storm.

Stuck at work, mmm, stuff it, I’ll risk it.

I can’t have poor woofy starve.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I’d had one plate and was coming back for seconds. So it was cheese and tomato.

I had reason to the check the bom website an hour or so ago, 10% rain, so…it’s raining hard now, full on lightning and thunder storm.

Stuck at work, mmm, stuff it, I’ll risk it.

I can’t have poor woofy starve.

Just had distant thunder here about an hour or so again and then it started getting closer, spectacular lighting looking south west out the lounge window and balcony door but even more spectacular while washing up in the kitchen looking East towards the airport, rain started about 15 mins ago. I hope it lasts a bit longer, love laying in bed at night when there is a good storm happening.

Just had distant thunder here about an hour or so again and then it started getting closer, spectacular lighting looking south west out the lounge window and balcony door but even more spectacular while washing up in the kitchen looking East towards the airport, rain started about 15 mins ago. I hope it lasts a bit longer, love laying in bed at night when there is a good storm happening.
It was like world war 2 getting home, everyone speeding of course. You know Sydney.

Home made Take away meal tonight:

Home made Sausage Rolls were waiting in the fridge, still a bit warm. Thick chips and plain salad, lightly doused with French dressing.

We aren’t dessert people, but there are fruit buns still fresh in the tall cupboard I could toast a bit later.

For the bigger shop, we’ve been ratting on Woolies lately and whoring off to Coles.

A change is as good as a holiday.

No conspiracy, just a trip to the other side to see how coles people live.

I’m still weighing it all up.

I won’t buy any deli from a supermarket though. I like the staff at the local too much and the product is great. Same one for 10 years. Just about the same staff, so it must be a good place. The job market is white hot in the western suburbs. Anyone good in what they do is wanted. A guy at work 8 job offers in 5 months. We are keeping him. It’s a battle.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
It was like world war 2 getting home, everyone speeding of course. You know Sydney.

Home made Take away meal tonight:

Home made Sausage Rolls were waiting in the fridge, still a bit warm. Thick chips and plain salad, lightly doused with French dressing.

We aren’t dessert people, but there are fruit buns still fresh in the tall cupboard I could toast a bit later.

For the bigger shop, we’ve been ratting on Woolies lately and whoring off to Coles.

A change is as good as a holiday.

No conspiracy, just a trip to the other side to see how coles people live.

I’m still weighing it all up.

I won’t buy any deli from a supermarket though. I like the staff at the local too much and the product is great. Same one for 10 years. Just about the same staff, so it must be a good place. The job market is white hot in the western suburbs. Anyone good in what they do is wanted. A guy at work 8 job offers in 5 months. We are keeping him. It’s a battle.

The last decent clap of thunder happened about 10 minutes before i went to bed so didn't hear anything after that but i was almost fast asleep as my head hit the pillow. Yes what it is with drivers in bad weather, its like the rule book is thrown out the window and certainly most people don't drive to the conditions.

Hmmm yes Coles and Woolies, the two big evil empires. Our local area never had a Coles even close by until they put one in when they extended the Marrickville Metro centre just over 18 months ago, People seemed to stick to Woolies for the first six months after the extensions were opened and Coles was like a ghost town but the Coles is now doing great business , i split my shops between Woolies and Coles because there are certain thing i can get at Woolies and not at Coles and vice versa, i find i am shopping at Coles a bit more now though as it gets me away from the side of the centre i work at and also i get a discount, like you i never buy deli stuff from either supermarket unless its some ham for lunch sandwiches, usually for deli stuff i pop up to Lamia in Marrickville, i love their taramasalata and their range of olives, or get stuff from the local growers markets, quite often pop over to Orange Grove markets near Leichhardt Oval on a Saturday when i'm not working.
Our centre also has an Aldi, i sometimes go in for a look as they sometimes stock a brand of sauerkraut i like but i shake my head as i cannot work out how someone could do a weekly shop there, there is a real lack of variety there.

Latest posts