What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
I just hope we haven’t bent over for him, he’s shown while very good not irreplaceable.
I’m not sure that’s what he has shown at all mate. He took us to a GF and the only (limited) evidence we have when he is out suggests that we’re dogshit. Whilst I understand we’d replace him with a better player than the backups we currently have on our books. We don’t know if he’s replaceable or not. I’d like to keep it that way

Cloeel

Juniors
31 is completely different to 50. I agree we shouldn’t sign Moses when he is 50.

You are investing more money in a 31 year old Moses then a 28 year old Moses.

You are gambling on the hope he will get better - when history tells us he will probably get worse.

King-Gutho94

Coach
There is always exceptions to the rule.

Im not saying its impossible. However it is more likely Moses will regress then get better.
I think there all pretty good these days the players. With sports science and recovery focus getting better by the year.

I don't see how Moses at 33, 34 won't be physically any different to what he is now. Unless he cops some serious injuries in that time. But still I don't think you can look at players at 30 and think there done anymore.

Yes it's a physically demanding sport but if you have the drive and work ethic you can play to mid to late 30s.

Noise

Coach

You are gambling on the fact he will get better - when history tells us he will probably get worse.
I’m not saying he will keep getting better. It is most likely he will remain at his peak for 2-3 or so years. Players don’t just keep improving then suddenly get worse. All players improve, plateau and then decline. Moses is at the age where a half usually peaks and plateaus.

Cloeel

Juniors
I’m not saying he will keep getting better. It is most likely he will remain at his peak for 2-3 or so years. Players don’t just keep improving then suddenly get worse. All players improve, plateau and then decline. Moses is at the age where a half usually peaks and plateaus.

Plateauing is the same as declining. You may not be getting any worse but chances are the next generation are probably getting better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m not sure that’s what he has shown at all mate. He took us to a GF and the only (limited) evidence we have when he is out suggests that we’re dogshit. Whilst I understand we’d replace him with a better player than the backups we currently have on our books. We don’t know if he’s replaceable or not. I’d like to keep it that way
I get all that, but really besides helping us beat a pretty ordinary Raiders side he was a bit of a non entity in the finals. I’m happy if he stays because we are a better side with him without a doubt I just don’t think he’s good enough to be breaking the bank on.

His kicking game is elite but everything is else isn’t. His game management has improved but it’s hardly up there with some of the top halves. Who knows Hodgson might bring the best out of him and help him go to another level but I think we’ve seen his best football. Brown is more than capable by 2024 to be our main man IMO.

Noise

Coach
Plateauing is the same as declining. You may not be getting any worse but chances are the next generation are probably getting better.
Lol. It’s not the same at all. Moses may have peaked this year and be just as good for the next 2-3 years. That is not a decline. Even if someone like Ethan Sanders improves there is a huge chance he still won’t be anywhere near as good as Moses in that time.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench

You are gambling on the hope he will get better - when history tells us he will probably get worse.

Parra (and/or Tigers) are not investing in 31yo Moses vs 28yo Moses, they are investing in a halfback/playmaker that is available 2024-2026 against other opportunities. What Moses was like or worth as a 28yo is irrelevant compared to the halfbacks that are available to this club for this period of time.

Cloeel

Juniors
Parra (and/or Tigers) are not investing in 31yo Moses vs 28yo Moses, they are investing in a halfback/playmaker that is available 2024-2026 against other opportunities. What Moses was like or worth as a 28yo is irrelevant compared to the halfbacks that are available to this club for this period of time.

Moses will be on more money at 31 than what he was on at 28.

My point is that at 28 generally players are worth more than when they are 31.

It is backing my point that if you pay Moses more for his next contract you are probably paying more for a depreciating asset.

Cloeel

Juniors
Ben Hunt will be 33 and DCE 34 when season starts. I reckon they are 2 of the best halfbacks and have been for the last 5yrs.

Moses could stay at this current level for another 5yrs. Will he get better? I reckon that depends on the rest of the team not him.

Are they in the majority or minority?

lingard

Coach
Don't you need speed, agility and flexibility to be a good kicker?

Majority of 25 year olds are going to be better kickers of a ball then 50 year olds...

Of course there are exceptions to this. But when talking about giving a player a longer contract with a pay upgrade you need to be talking probabilities not possibilities.

As Moses ages it is more likely his kicking game will regress than it will remain the same or improve.
Luckily he won't be playing at 50. Difference between 25 and 32 would be negligible.

Latest posts