What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Sharks moving in on the Illawarra?

Pneuma

First Grade

With De-La-Salle moving into the Illawarra competition and now forming a partnership with Newtown, who are the Sharks feeder club, are we seeing a move by the mighty Sharks to take over the whole region. They’ve consumed the St George 12s and overs teams into the Sharks comp and are clearly the biggest Club South of Sydney in terms of playing numbers and owning their own ground.
The new admin in Sharksville clearly has a vision for expanding the club’s base. With St George constantly in turmoil, maybe the Sharkies have an opportunity to take the whole area?

With De-La-Salle moving into the Illawarra competition and now forming a partnership with Newtown, who are the Sharks feeder club, are we seeing a move by the mighty Sharks to take over the whole region. They’ve consumed the St George 12s and overs teams into the Sharks comp and are clearly the biggest Club South of Sydney in terms of playing numbers and owning their own ground.
The new admin in Sharksville clearly has a vision for expanding the club’s base. With St George constantly in turmoil, maybe the Sharkies have an opportunity to take the whole area?
Maybe Newtown are taking over ?

Pneuma

First Grade
What the same as Manly running a NSW Cup team out of Blacktown? Esau’s that’s working well for them.
It’s different in that sharks have basically taken over the St George competition, have a club moved into the Illawarra senior comp and have a foothold in Sydney with Newtown. I’d love to see them shaft the Saints and take the whole area.

yadamisha

Juniors
It’s different in that sharks have basically taken over the St George competition, have a club moved into the Illawarra senior comp and have a foothold in Sydney with Newtown. I’d love to see them shaft the Saints and take the whole area.
Its already happening more and more each year

Cronulla Caringbah are in the MOJO Homes Illawarra Cup as well.
Those two teams were too strong for the local A Grade, hence the move to a stronger comp.
They still have teams in the CS A Grade.

It's a real power play by De La to set themselves as the club to play for to get a look in to Newtown and thus Cronulla.

Pneuma

First Grade
Cronulla Caringbah are in the MOJO Homes Illawarra Cup as well.
Those two teams were too strong for the local A Grade, hence the move to a stronger comp.
They still have teams in the CS A Grade.

It's a real power play by De La to set themselves as the club to play for to get a look in to Newtown and thus Cronulla.
I agree. They are a bloody big club. I’m half serious about the takeover. St George are basically impotent these days.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Are the Sharks moving in on the Illawarra?

I think.its just urban sprawl. With cronulla restricted to the east by the sea, the only room to grow is north south or west. Maybe the Sharks are expanding out of the shire and taking over greater sydney.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Steelers NSW women's premiership team this year and several junior reps.

Can remember a Sharks v Steelers Winfield Cup game that finished 2-2. Either 1990 or 1991. The media will have it that low-scoring games are dull. Not necessarily. That one definitely wasn`t.
1992 final series - Saints beat Newcastle 3-2 and Saints backed up the following week to beat Steelers 4-0. I remember f**k all from 1992, except being at those 2 games.