What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think being promised a certain position or a spot in the run on side really means all that much. Positions have to be earned on performances for the most part. In respect of Stephen Crichton I suspect in line with his decision to join the Bulldogs he would have been given assurances he will be given every opportunity to demonstrate his worth in the number 1 role. Whether he locks down the position time will tell. Spencer Lenui is a slightly different scenario in my opinion and I think he would be looking at being given assurances he is going to be given more minutes on the field, not necessarily a guaranteed starting spot. I would think with continued all round improvement physically, fitness levels and skill set I would expect Spencer should be looking at 40 minutes game time this season and perhaps the odd start rotating with Moses. Perhaps for selfish reasons I think it would be in Spencer’s best interests to stay with the Panthers as his path to a starting spot is unlikely to be any better at the Dogs.

Kilkenny

Coach
The shiny new toy off the Broncos production line has signed with the Dogs on a four year deal. The transfer fee apparently doesn’t impact their cap go figure how that works but anyway do they really have any money left. Seriously, there are still conversations happening around Spencer and Moses I just don’t get it. Have to feel somewhat sorry for the likes of Averillo and quite a few others who will need to be pushed out the exit door to accomodate the incomings.

Iamback

Coach
The shiny new toy off the Broncos production line has signed with the Dogs on a four year deal. The transfer fee apparently doesn’t impact their cap go figure how that works but anyway do they really have any money left. Seriously, there are still conversations happening around Spencer and Moses I just don’t get it. Have to feel somewhat sorry for the likes of Averillo and quite a few others who will need to be pushed out the exit door to accomodate the incomings.

Exactly the reason that they won't move forward as a side

Kilkenny

Coach
So since Averillo is getting pushed out, it won’t make us a good side. LMAO sure
No, not at all, it is just the cut throat nature of the salary cap. Gus is investing heavily in marque players and at the end of the day there will be players who will have to be surplus to requirements in order to fit under the cap. I would suggest Averillo will be moved on by next season.

Kilkenny

Coach
Gus appears to be a scatter=gun approach to signings at the dogs.

Running around spending like it's your first pay cheque (as an 18 year old) rarely works.
I don’t agree Alice. I feel Mitchell Moses was his number 1 target but that is looking increasingly unlikely now. But he is building a really strong roster even if he May have to rely on young Flanagan as half half back in 2023.

Iamback

Coach
They have some serious talent. Maybe 2023 may be too soon, but I look at there roster going forward and they really do have some quality players.

They have 12 players contracted for 2024 all on good money, So very likely some get moved on and the process starts again

Black Magik

Juniors
I found this surprising. This young Bronco spat his dummy because the Bronx wanted him for hooker or lock but he demanded his 5/8 spot. What happens to Burton? Does this young man make a goose of his demands and do what Gus tells him? Do they move Burton to lock?

A very strong Bulldogs team building. My opinion is their success will come quick but it will be fleeting without substantial junior development.

Iamback

Coach
I found this surprising. This young Bronco spat his dummy because the Bronx wanted him for hooker or lock but he demanded his 5/8 spot. What happens to Burton? Does this young man make a goose of his demands and do what Gus tells him? Do they move Burton to lock?

A very strong Bulldogs team building. My opinion is their success will come quick but it will be fleeting without substantial junior development.

That is the strange one

Murraymob1

Juniors
R
No, not at all, it is just the cut throat nature of the salary cap. Gus is investing heavily in marque players and at the end of the day there will be players who will have to be surplus to requirements in order to fit under the cap. I would suggest Averillo will be moved on by next season.Thompson and Flanagan free up huge amounts of money throw in TPJ and there new buys are covered

Crashtest

Juniors
This is from the article posted

The deal with Tago was done quickly. Both parties then agreed to hold off on negotiations through the Origin period.
Ayoub says that on July 29 he sent two separate emails to Panthers rugby league chief executive Matt Cameron.

One detailed his expectations around what it would take to extend To’o, a deal that was finalised in December.
The other was a proposal for an extension, believed to be worth in excess of $800,000, of just one year for Crichton. The request also included a car and a ratchet clause.

Crichton made Origin, Then his side wanted an extra $100k and a shorter deal. Then the deal was pulled, ( Which goes with @Blade23 post on it earlier too )

That quote you posted is saying that it was a proposal put forward by Ayoub for the $800,000, a car and the ratchet clause. Not by the Panthers.

In the article by Chammas, he says the new Panthers offer was around $750,000.

So Crichton has not signed for less than he could of got by excepting the Panthers new offer.

Latest posts