What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
He can't do 40 minutes at the moment!

We start him, he does the first 15-20 minutes are that's it. Maybe come on late in the game for a 5-10 minute bash.

My thing is what does it matter if start or off bench if minutes are equal.
You also can't pay a guy 500k+ if he isn't pu ping out close to 50mins. 40 would be minimum

He can't do 40 minutes at the moment!

We start him, he does the first 15-20 minutes are that's it. Maybe come on late in the game for a 5-10 minute bash.

It is how he is used. His stamina is low because his role is to come off the bench and give as much energy as possible in short bursts after the opening sting has gone. Leave nothing out there.
In reggies when he starts he plays more controlled and lasts longer. I have seen him play 50-60 minutes in reserves. Obviously there is a step up in class and speed to FG.
I can't see why they can't find the right balance of aggression to grind more minutes out there. Aim for 20-25 minutes and build on that.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Why does Spencer need to start? Aslong as he gets 40mins
He wants this .I think money wise there will not be a great difference .But Ciraldo being over there has been the trigger for a few of them .Fast track a few of the young kids and we are ready either way if he leaves or stays

Original Name

Juniors
My thing is what does it matter if start or off bench if minutes are equal.
You also can't pay a guy 500k+ if he isn't pu ping out close to 50mins. 40 would be minimum
What motivates a guy to run at a brick wall when he's a kid who isn't getting paid. Most NRL players enjoy how physical League. The start is more physical and tougher period. You want to prove yourself there just like you'd want prove yourself in tough arenas like Origin.

It's that mentality most forwards have.

hindy111

Post Whore
What motivates a guy to run at a brick wall when he's a kid who isn't getting paid. Most NRL players enjoy how physical League. The start is more physical and tougher period. You want to prove yourself there just like you'd want prove yourself in tough arenas like Origin.

It's that mentality most forwards have.

Sure that is true but I just think aslong as gets the minutes it isn't a huge deal.
If stays there is nothing wrong with alternating him with Leota for the starting spot.

Original Name

Juniors
Sure that is true but I just think aslong as gets the minutes it isn't a huge deal.
If stays there is nothing wrong with alternating him with Leota for the starting spot.
To the type of guy who wants to prove he's the the top dog, compete with and dominate the best props who are pretty much all starters I think it would matter if that's the reason you wanted to play the game in the first place. That's the type of competitiveness that drives these type of guys.

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
I think the thing that will shit me the most is a full season of "Crichton, Bulldogs bound in '24" everytime he touches the ball. It's like we only have these players on loan. Same with Api this last year with "Wests Tigers will be rubbing their hands together".

Latest posts