What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
The extending of Penisiiiii ( he he he extend) should have nothing to do with the re-signing of Moses.

He’s the best back the club has produced since Hayne and was a must keep IMO. If we can’t keep a talent like him we should have no business calling ourselves a development club. I’m very excited about the extending!!
He's still very young and has lots of potential... a good re-signing, but as a club if your spine isn't decent and secure then it doesn't really matter what signings you do one the edges.

Call me suspicious, but I think chances of further Penisini extension with the Eels in the future will be flaccid at best. So we'd best enjoy the excitement before it plateaus!

yy_cheng

Coach
The extending of Penisiiiii ( he he he extend) should have nothing to do with the re-signing of Moses.

He’s the best back the club has produced since Hayne and was a must keep IMO. If we can’t keep a talent like him we should have no business calling ourselves a development club. I’m very excited about the extending!!
Would you count Drown as someone we produced?

King-Gutho94

Coach
All jokes aside, I reckon we would have won a premiership or two if we had Jason Taylor on our books a few years earlier.
Really

Was he that unlucky or a choker.

How many chances in the 90s did he have to guide Norths to the GF and come up short.

Yeah he had a great season for us in 2001.

But his GF was below par but at the same time you could argue he came up against the greatest halfback we have ever seen on the night.

But he reminded me of a solid halfback that got as much out of himself but wasn't a natural born winner.

Eelogical

Referee
Really

Was he that unlucky or a choker.

How many chances in the 90s did he have to guide Norths to the GF and come up short.

Yeah he had a great season for us in 2001.

But his GF was below par but at the same time you could argue he came up against the greatest halfback we have ever seen on the night.

But he reminded me of a solid halfback that got as much out of himself but wasn't a natural born winner.
Yeah, I reckon he would have given us way better chances if we had him earlier. I don't blame him for the 2001 loss. I just felt at the time that he would have taken us to greater heights if he was in our team - the half we needed.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Matto came out a week after we lost the GF and explained why he took the suspension.

That was plenty of time to reflect and realise what selfish decision it was.

Anyone with half a brain would have realised what punishment to accept the moment it got handed out.

Eelogical

Referee
Matto came out a week after we lost the GF and explained why he took the suspension.

That was plenty of time to reflect and realise what selfish decision it was.

Anyone with half a brain would have realised what punishment to accept the moment it got handed out.
There's the answer right there. But anyway, he now gets to fight his way back into the 17 after serving his punishment. I'm excited!

84 Baby

Referee
I think it's a good thing. Maybe he'll now consider his options far more wisely in the future. But, I doubt it.
When was he meant to consider his options? He was given 24 hours, the day after the grand final, when he had other commitments for a potential penalty 6 months away. And when did the NRL consider the penalty in that time?

Eelogical

Referee
When was he meant to consider his options? He was given 24 hours, the day after the grand final, when he had other commitments for a potential penalty 6 months away. And when did the NRL consider the penalty in that time?
He's an NRL player. Give him a year and he'd still f**k it up.

Noise

Coach
I don't know the answer to your first question but I guess he had 24 hours to consider whether to accept the fine, accept the suspension or fight the charge. I don't think anyone has accepted a 3 game suspension over a fine in years, maybe ever? After 7 days he was interviewed and still happy with his decision.

As for the 2nd question, I do know that all NRL charges have to be made within 24 hours of the game. So the NRL always considers the penalty in 24 hours

lingard

Coach
It is not about how good Moses is in comparison to what we have produced in 30 odd years. It is about what we require in a number 7 for years to come and at what cost.

What does Moses provide to our side that entitles him to top dollar? which means we need to potentially weaken other areas of the squad.

If you focus completely on how good Moses is and how he is one of the best 7s we have had in 30 odd years we will inevitably over pay for him. We need to be rational about these decisions and do what is for the good of the team holistically.

Your above reasoning is fuelled by emotion. Which should not be a consideration when negotiating any deal.
Your reasoning is fueled by a set formula, which doesn't take into account all the moving parts and variables that make up a rugby league team.