What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
yeh in 50 years maybe lol. Its a very sydney mentality to think you need a club in every area. Our population isnt much smaller and our two clubs service the whole city adequately, making them massive supported clubs. I cant see a northern Perth AFL club needed for 20 years or so. If Firehawks had been succesful in attracting the whole south of the river and Broncos kept marketing to the North then we wouldnt be talking about a third club in the city for a long time. But hey ho weve got what weve got, hopefully they are succesful.
I completely agree that we don't need a team in every area to own a city and I completely agree that we need to be careful of not oversaturating the SEQ market, we need to get it just right. I think (just my opinion of course) that Dolphins, Broncos, South-West Fire-jet-hawks and the Titans is a good spread that are close enough to form quality SEQ rivalries but also spread far enough apart that they cover the region each having their own slice of the market (Broncos, Brisbane, Dolphins, Moreton Bay & Sunshine Coast, Titans, Gold Coast, Fire-Jet-Hawks Ipswich).

Ipswich has less than 250,000 people. An NRL team from Ipswich would require support from Logan and southern Brisbane to have any hope of drawing enough money from sponsorship, corporate hospitality, membership and ticketing to compete with the other NRL clubs in Queensland.

I don't think I could support a team from Ipswich. The Jets are one of the few BRL teams that I really dislike due to the low brow nature of its fanbase. I've seen Ipswich fans smoking near the Arthur Lovell Stand at Kougari Oval even though it's forbidden. The people who were smoking looked like drug addicts and criminals. I've been to North Ipswich Reserve and seen how abusive the locals are towards outsiders. This is not a group of people that mix well with others and few people would want to associate with them.

The only team that has the capability of attracting support from a wide area is the Brisbane Firehawks.

MugaB

Coach
Ipswich has less than 250,000 people. An NRL team from Ipswich would require support from Logan and southern Brisbane to have any hope of drawing enough money from sponsorship, corporate hospitality, membership and ticketing to compete with the other NRL clubs in Queensland.

I don't think I could support a team from Ipswich. The Jets are one of the few BRL teams that I really dislike due to the low brow nature of its fanbase. I've seen Ipswich fans smoking near the Arthur Lovell Stand at Kougari Oval even though it's forbidden. The people who were smoking looked like drug addicts and criminals. I've been to North Ipswich Reserve and seen how abusive the locals are towards outsiders. This is not a group of people that mix well with others and few people would want to associate with them.

The only team that has the capability of attracting support from a wide area is the Brisbane Firehawks.
Yep those low brow ipswich hooligans, none of those in bumfk backwardassd logan videotogif_2022.12.24_01.04.18.gif

mongoose

Coach

ehhh no offense but I'd still rather live in Ipswich than Logan. Ipswich downside is that its about 2 degrees hotter than the rest of Brisbane, but Ipswich has some stunning old Queenslanders and a good High street with some quality bars and cafe's popping up. Logan is pure bumf**kville imo. The area around Woodridge station looks like a 3rd world country....

Pippen94

First Grade

this type of post code discrimination is why team representing south would be huge success

ehhh no offense but I'd still rather live in Ipswich than Logan. Ipswich downside is that its about 2 degrees hotter than the rest of Brisbane, but Ipswich has some stunning old Queenslanders and a good High street with some quality bars and cafe's popping up. Logan is pure bumf**kville imo. The area around Woodridge station looks like a 3rd world country....

Which suburbs in Logan have you visited?

Obviously not Daisy Hill or Springwood. Those two suburbs are extremely affluent and have some of the nicest properties you'll find in Australia. I doubt you would be able to afford many of the properties on Springwood Road and Daisy Hill Road near Daisy Hill Koala Sanctuary.

You always talk about the lower socio-economic suburbs west of the motorway, such as Woodridge. I agree that Woodridge is a run down suburb, but much of that is due to poor planning by the Queensland Gov. It has one of the most culturally and racially diverse populations in the country because it's where the Gov plants migrants from third world countries. The bulk of its population is African, Polynesian, Indonesian, Malaysian, Bosnian, Arabic and Aboriginal. I regularly drive down Ewing Street in Woodridge and have only seen one or two Anglo Australians. So if you're going to shit on Woodridge by calling it "third world" then you might as well just say you don't like suburbs that aren't predominantly white.

There are some affluent suburbs in Ipswich, but most of the city is run down and full of morbidly obese Australians who eat too much fast food. Logan has its fair share of morbidly obese Australians, but on a per capita basis Ipswich was the fattest city in the country a few years ago. Carl's Jr opened their first Australian restaurant in Ipswich for this reason. Ipswich is full of rough "bogans" like Tommy Raudonikis.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach

Obviously not Daisy Hill or Springwood. Those two suburbs are extremely affluent and have some of the nicest properties you'll find in Australia. I doubt you would be able to afford many of the properties on Springwood Road and Daisy Hill Road near Daisy Hill Koala Sanctuary.

You always talk about the lower socio-economic suburbs west of the motorway, such as Woodridge. I agree that Woodridge is a run down suburb, but much of that is due to poor planning by the Queensland Gov. It has one of the most culturally and racially diverse populations in the country because it's where the Gov plants migrants from third world countries. The bulk of its population is African, Polynesian, Indonesian, Malaysian, Bosnian, Arabic and Aboriginal. I regularly drive down Ewing Street in Woodridge and have only seen one or two Anglo Australians. So if you're going to shit on Woodridge by calling it "third world" then you might as well just say you don't like suburbs that aren't predominantly white.

There are some affluent suburbs in Ipswich, but most of the city is run down and full of morbidly obese Australians who eat too much fast food. Logan has its fair share of morbidly obese Australians, but on a per capita basis Ipswich has the fattest people in the country. Carl's Jr opened their first Australian restaurant in Ipswich for this reason. Ipswich is full of rough "bogans" like Tommy Raudonikis.

Don't care what nationalities live there, the place is a dump and Woodridge station feels extremely unsafe. The strip shops across the road are filthy and run down. Not sure why you keep attacking Ipswich, just because you had one bad experience there? I'm just saying you can't hang shit on Ipswich and talk up Logan which has dodgy as f**k suburbs like Woodridge, Beenleigh and Loganlea.

Don't care what nationalities live there, the place is a dump and Woodridge station feels extremely unsafe. The strip shops across the road are filthy and run down. Not sure why you keep attacking Ipswich, just because you had one bad experience there? I'm just saying you can't hang shit on Ipswich and talk up Logan which has dodgy as f**k suburbs like Woodridge, Beenleigh and Loganlea.
Inala is by far the most dangerous suburb in southeast Queensland. It's located in southwest Brisbane. There's lots of crime in Inala and much of the properties and shops are as run down as anything in Woodbridge.

Loganlea is very moder, although it's got some scumbags living in it.

Beenleigh is a shithole full scumbags.

Go down Brisbane Road in Ipswich and you'll find dilapidated shops that haven't been painted in 60 years. I've seen people sniffing petrol on Brisbane Road.

None of Brisbane's most dangerous suburbs are from Logan.

Between 2018 & 2019, there have been over 11,000 reported break-ins across Brisbane city. Majority of which took place by the south of the river. The five highest of which are within the suburbs of:

• Dunwich
  • Dutton Park
  • Moorooka
  • Acacia RIdge
  • Inala

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Inala is by far the most dangerous suburb in southeast Queensland. It's located in southwest Brisbane. There's lots of crime in Inala and much of the properties and shops are as run down as anything in Woodbridge.

Go down Brisbane Road in Ipswich and you'll find dilapidated shops that haven't been painted in 60 years. I've seen people sniffing petrol on Brisbane Road.
yeah Inala was the worst in the 90s... i thought it had cleaned itself a bit since then though

Pneuma

First Grade

There are some affluent suburbs in Ipswich, but most of the city is run down and full of morbidly obese Australians who eat too much fast food. Logan has its fair share of morbidly obese Australians, but on a per capita basis Ipswich was the fattest city in the country a few years ago. Carl's Jr opened their first Australian restaurant in Ipswich for this reason. Ipswich is full of rough "bogans" like Tommy Raudonikis.
He’s off!

Canard

Immortal
I once saw someone punching a dart out the front of the Louvre.

I now hate all of France and refuse to go there again.

I'm also to happy in an with high crime and poverty, safe in the knowledge that it's just poor planning that makes it so.

Last edited:
I once saw someone punching a dart out the front of the Louvre.

I now hate all of France and refuse to go there again.

I'm also to happy in an with high crime and poverty, safe in the knowledge that it's just poor planning that makes it so.
The poor spelling and grammar in this post sums up the problems with Australia's education system.

I'm yet to see this happen in Logan.

Santino Patane

Juniors

None of Brisbane's most dangerous suburbs are from Logan.

Between 2018 & 2019, there have been over 11,000 reported break-ins across Brisbane city. Majority of which took place by the south of the river. The five highest of which are within the suburbs of:​
  • Dunwich
  • Dutton Park
  • Moorooka
  • Acacia RIdge
  • Inala
Thanks. Great to know I’m a scumbag. Appreciate your input on my family and I.

Latest posts