What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee, I'm glad some of you lot aren't in my corner...

What Matterson did was... Perplexing... But, to call him "Catto", make comments that we should swap him for Papali'i...
Mattos team mates probably think similar maybe??? I’ve always thought us fans are way more passionate about the club and team than most of the players.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Mattos team mates probably think similar maybe??? I’ve always thought us fans are way more passionate about the club and team than most of the players.
When Matto joined BA added him to the leadership group (5, I think) immediately then replaced him, and others with dual captains, Gutho and Jnr last season. Got the gift of the gab has Matto I reckon. He needs to find his 2022 pre contract renewal form or Hopgood might well take his spot.
So f'n exciting.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I don't agree with his decision - it really was perplexing.

But to say that he's a cat, or that Papali'i is a better player, is insane to me.

He's a bit on the nose, true - but he's an elite-level forward.

Incorrect

Coach
I don't agree with his decision - it really was perplexing.

But to say that he's a cat, or that Papali'i is a better player, is insane to me.

He's a bit on the nose, true - but he's an elite-level forward.
Look, I've used the term Catto in recent days. But it's purely a vehicle to ridicule him and his decision. I don't really think he's a cat. He definitely walks to the beat of a different drum and it's known that he has put a few noses out of joint at several clubs in his career. He comes across as fairly selfish, if not petulant IMO. And that rubs people up the wrong way when it comes down to it, plain and simple. The merkin needs to step up this season. I don't think he's been anywhere near as brilliant or consistent as some people think he has been. I get that he's had some injury issues but come round 4 when he's back, he really needs to pay his teammates and the fans back in kind.

Gronk

Staff member

Cloeel

Juniors
I think maybe that people have jumped to conclusions as to who Matto is. Ask around here and he's a merkin of the highest order.

Even to the point where people wish he wasn't at the club !

Meanwhile, while not playing footy he's chosen to work with disabled kids post footy and started this disability service with his brother (IIRC).

Just because he owns a charity doesn't mean he should avoid criticism.

I don't think people are jumping to conclusions about him as a person or who he is for that matter. More so frustrated with a decision he made.

Not sure how owning a charity has anything to do with it.

Gronk

Staff member
Just because he owns a charity doesn't mean he should avoid criticism.

I don't think people are jumping to conclusions about him as a person or who he is for that matter. More so frustrated with a decision he made.

Not sure how owning a charity has anything to do with it.
It's a character reference for the guy who has been branded Hannibal Lecter around here. He made a rash decision and even tried to reverse it. You don't think that people are jumping to conclusions ? #catto

Cloeel

Juniors
It's a character reference for the guy who has been branded Hannibal Lecter around here. He made a rash decision and even tried to reverse it. You don't think that people are jumping to conclusions ? #catto

I think the issue here is the way we manage these decisions made by players as a club. To have one of your star players make an emotionally charged choice that was designed to be vindictive towards the NRL was short sighted.

I hope in the future our club better educates and advises players in these situations. The team and fans now suffer.

Gronk

Staff member
I think the issue here is the way we manage these decisions made by players as a club. To have one of your star players make an emotionally charged choice that was designed to be vindictive towards the NRL was short sighted.

I hope in the future our club better educates and advises players in these situations. The team and fans now suffer.
I don't think anyone disagrees with that. What we don't know is how much counsel the club gave the player.

yy_cheng

Coach

Dyl Lol .. Great to have Barrett on board. A coach who tells you what to do and can show you. Brad, I'm not gonna listen to him on how to kick a ball !!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Look, I've used the term Catto in recent days. But it's purely a vehicle to ridicule him and his decision. I don't really think he's a cat. He definitely walks to the beat of a different drum and it's known that he has put a few noses out of joint at several clubs in his career. He comes across as fairly selfish, if not petulant IMO. And that rubs people up the wrong way when it comes down to it, plain and simple. The merkin needs to step up this season. I don't think he's been anywhere near as brilliant or consistent as some people think he has been. I get that he's had some injury issues but come round 4 when he's back, he really needs to pay his teammates and the fans back in kind.

I agree.

His actions seem rather petulant.

But his form was good enough to play Origin last year, and he's been consistently putting up good numbers.

84 Baby

Referee

Dyl Lol .. Great to have Barrett on board. A coach who tells you what to do and can show you. Brad, I'm not gonna listen to him on how to kick a ball !!!
It’s a very well kept secret that Penisini & Suaalii went to school together and player rugby union

Latest posts