What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Stake Removed

First Grade
We all forgot Fitzy resigned this player last year and was playing fullback in Reggie's Hiroti, has played fair bit of first grade certainly can handle the job

bulldogs going for the success now method. Sharks going for the let it simmer style.
30 odd years ago when I was travelling around Australia in my Valiant, I met this Swiss fella in a kombi. Nice bloke. He was an economist in Switzerland.
One night he was talking to me about economics, in the most simplest method he could as I had no idea, and he gave me an analogy about the differences between the Swiss economy and the Japan economy.
I've since used this example in a few different fascists of life.
His words:
The Swiss economy and the Japanese economy are at the same height.
Th3 difference is that the Swiss economy is a mountain and the Japanese economy is a Skyscraper.

He then asked: do you se the difference?
I said well the most obvious answer is the Swiss one is natural and the Japanese one is man made.
He said: that is what most people come to the conclusion to, but the real answer is that if you try and knock down the Swiss economy from the bottom it will collapse on you and remain strong.
If you knock the bottom of the Skyscraper the Japanese economy falls over.

In regards to the Sharks, Fitz, and our admin, are growing a mountain. The Dogs are trying to reach the height of powerful clubs as quick as possible by building a Skyscraper.

30 odd years ago when I was travelling around Australia in my Valiant, I met this Swiss fella in a kombi. Nice bloke. He was an economist in Switzerland.
One night he was talking to me about economics, in the most simplest method he could as I had no idea, and he gave me an analogy about the differences between the Swiss economy and the Japan economy.
I've since used this example in a few different fascists of life.
His words:
The Swiss economy and the Japanese economy are at the same height.
Th3 difference is that the Swiss economy is a mountain and the Japanese economy is a Skyscraper.

He then asked: do you se the difference?
I said well the most obvious answer is the Swiss one is natural and the Japanese one is man made.
He said: that is what most people come to the conclusion to, but the real answer is that if you try and knock down the Swiss economy from the bottom it will collapse on you and remain strong.
If you knock the bottom of the Skyscraper the Japanese economy falls over.

In regards to the Sharks, Fitz, and our admin, are growing a mountain. The Dogs are trying to reach the height of powerful clubs as quick as possible by building a Skyscraper.
Great analogy . Hope its right. Hope we have time to build the mountain. My worry is that dogs are trying to build a skyscraper . Why ? When Gus succesfully took the long route with Penrith . Is he worried about his own longevity to see it through ?, or the future of NRL ? Don't get me wrong. I think sharks are on the right track, I just worry about ppl with inside information, contacts ,etc doing things in different ways. What do they know that rest of us dont ? ?

shadowboxer

First Grade
Dogs are coming off the back of the leanest of years in their history - I could be wrong?
They have to do something that will get them back in some favour.
Throwing guns together should bring success - how long it lasts is another thing.
Gus in a pair of “let’s Trott” sunnies says it all.

Special K

Coach
Dogs are going to stunt their growth. This is classic Gus. He will over spend, contracts will be cut. There will be blood. At the panthers he was saved by bringing in cheap young guns to fix his bloated contracts that he cut. He doesn't have that pipeline at the Dogs. The biggest concern is Gus trying to raid our strong jnrs as the dogs have none and we are essentially next door.

bluefox68

Staff member
Dogs are coming off the back of the leanest of years in their history - I could be wrong?
They have to do something that will get them back in some favour.
Throwing guns together should bring success - how long it lasts is another thing.
Gus in a pair of “let’s Trott” sunnies says it all.
Regarding recruitment…

Denan Kemp did a good interview with Alex McKinnon…

AM said that the biggest misconception about recruitment is that it is a level playing field!

People like Gus have the inside running due to ‘contacts’ built up over decades. Most other clubs (not in the inner circle) don’t even get to negotiate with certain players!!!!!!

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The doggies fans are quite cocky about it all, in a similar way the knights fans were when Bennett rolled into town. Well that worked well didnt it.

If I was a dogs fan I’d be happy about the players and coach signed but slightly embarrassed/worried as it is ridiculous they are linked to everyone. Leniu still to come apparently.

azzah72

Bench
I think the commentary on the dogs is sort of fair but I wouldn't throw stones too much, we recruited at least 6 of our GF team at least within 1-3 years of winning that premiership. The only difference was we were a bit more consistent in making the finals.

Latest posts