What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revenue for NRL Clubs (2018-2021)

siv

First Grade
Not sure if this was relevant for this thread, membership thread or stadiums (but they seem to be exactly the same conversation going around in circles at times lol), but here is a look at social media engagement across teams. This along with email distribution lists are not only a great way to engage with fans but an opportunity for sponsors to put their brand in front of eyeballs. Even though there would be cross over with users across the various channels, it is in effect adding more opportunities for sponsor engagement hence adding them up.

View attachment 70022

Data as at yesterday (all but Facebook) and today (Facebook) and in almost all cases rounded.

Release the hounds Smithers

EDIT 1: I probably mixed up followers and likes on Facebook but I CBF fixing it and don't know what the difference is.

EDIT 2: Updated table for Facebook Follows not Likes only Sharks and Raiders switched ranks
This sort of data is always a bit weird

Many times is the same person counted as they will follow a club on multiple platforms eg I follow my club on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram so I am counted 3 times

Then I listed as other club fan as I follow other clubs for score updates and I added the Dolphins recently. So I am represented as a casual fan of a club I dont support. So also have 16 other references

So in total I am represented around 20 times in these figures

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Is it because Twitter is no longer a "thing" with most young social media users?

And the other clubs followers joined up years ago?
Instagram and Tik Tok is where you look for youth demographics these days.

For example, Titans have more Tik Tok fans than the Broncos and Rabbitohs. If Titans can keep them on brand then may increase their ranking over time. It will take 10 to 20 years though.

docbrown

Coach

Many times is the same person will follow a club on multiple platforms eg I follow my club on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram so I am counted 3 times

Then I also listed to other clubs for score updates and I will added the Dolphins recently. So I am represented as a casual fan of a club I dont support. So also have 16 other references

That’s statistical noise though. It’s no different to when we survey other things on social media. Like say we look at different cars. People may like three or four different car types but in the end the most popular brand will still be the most popular brand. And when you back it up with a 1:1 survey, you find that you very similar results. You do a Roy Morgan poll on NRL club support, I have no doubt that the rankings would come out very similar to this list.

docbrown

Coach
A lot goes with the age of the fan base, Penrith games I am noticing more kids.

Dragons have an older fanbase. DT/Radio would be their media
I agree. If I were running a sports club though, I’d want my base demos to look like a pyramid though. Penrith’s would be like that.

Iamback

Coach
I agree. If I were running a sports club though, I’d want my base demos to look like a pyramid though. Penrith’s would be like that.

Penrith's uptake is two fold, Huge development out here.

As an example a new primary school opened in the area. 400 Kindergarden kids alone.

Another million people to come, adults you won't convert but the kids are possible.

Of course a winning team helps

Iamback

Coach
Yep but don’t say that here. The poor little darlings suffer from Perthaphobia.

f**k you are a tosser. Offer nothing to a conversation just insults.

Anyone that doesn't think any potential expansion location has issues. Either is delusional or a troll.

You are in the 2nd category

wazdog

Juniors
That’s statistical noise though. It’s no different to when we survey other things on social media. Like say we look at different cars. People may like three or four different car types but in the end the most popular brand will still be the most popular brand. And when you back it up with a 1:1 survey, you find that you very similar results. You do a Roy Morgan poll on NRL club support, I have no doubt that the rankings would come out very similar to this list.
Said list

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 3.38.07 pm.png

Many times is the same person counted as they will follow a club on multiple platforms eg I follow my club on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram so I am counted 3 times

Then I also listed to other clubs for score updates and I will added the Dolphins recently. So I am represented as a casual fan of a club I dont support. So also have 16 other references

I did mention that in my post (with being represented multiple times on various clubs social media).

In terms of following other clubs, the sponsors using this data for ad reach wouldn't really care as you are still likely to receive the ad or sponsored post.

Pneuma

First Grade

Anyone that doesn't think any potential expansion location has issues. Either is delusional or a troll.

Upset are we? You and your mate have an endless mantra of negativity against a Perth team. I’ve never said there are no issues. I’ve said you and your mate take a wholly negative view of Perth and go 100% out of your way to blow it out of your ass here. I could not care less what you think of me. I reserve the right to say what I think. If you don’t like it suck it up sister.

Pneuma

First Grade
Said list

View attachment 70032

I did mention that in my post (with being represented multiple times on various clubs social media).

In terms of following other clubs, the sponsors using this data for ad reach wouldn't really care as you are still likely to receive the ad or sponsored post.
The data demonstrates the benefits of genuine expansion. The storm are one of the most marketable clubs of any code in the country. When the game finally grows up and puts in a Perth team we will see greater market penetration of the game in what is Australia’s number 1 go ahead state. To think that some posters here still hide their heads in the sand and deny the storms success demonstrates the games lack of courage and pride in itself.

Wb1234

Referee

Pretty sure he’s an alt

he slipped up on a recent post and forgot which account he was using

Pneuma

First Grade
Pretty sure he’s an alt

he slipped up on a recent post and forgot which account he was using
Ahh the old ‘he’s an alt’ when somebody doesn’t toe the line. I suggest you read my post in the Redcliffe thread. I’ve done the yards in an expansion market and I know just how pathetically uncommitted the NRL has been. You guys epitomise that patheticness in the attitudes you’ve shown here every day.

Iamback

Coach
Upset are we? You and your mate have an endless mantra of negativity against a Perth team. I’ve never said there are no issues. I’ve said you and your mate take a wholly negative view of Perth and go 100% out of your way to blow it out of your ass here. I could not care less what you think of me. I reserve the right to say what I think. If you don’t like it suck it up sister.

So you think there is 36 NRL Quality players spare just waiting for a team?

Iamback

Coach
At this very moment?

Well ongoing.

Byes are shit, Team 18 likely is in for the next TV deal.

It won't be a NSW or a QLD team.

So the discussion is where should get it, The distance away makes cost a factor for Perth. It is what made the Reds a failure and is part of the discussion.

The corporate side Perth is the best option but the whole package is the discussion this includes Players

Pneuma

First Grade
Well ongoing.

So the discussion is where should get it, The distance away makes cost a factor for Perth. It is what made the Reds a failure and is part of the discussion.

The corporate side Perth is the best option but the whole package is the discussion this includes Players
I see. You’re just creating another Perth will fail scenario? How cute. Comes from having a limited view of the world.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well ongoing.

Flights same weekend in may return Wellington to Sydney $700, perth to sydney $670. Perth will be no more expensive for travel than the other main contender.

Iamback

Coach
Flights same weekend in may return Wellington to Sydney $700, perth to sydney $670. Perth will be no more expensive for travel than the other main contender.
Except Auckland is a near rival and can put islander kids in. Instead of putting east coast kids in west. Hoping that they like it

siv

First Grade
Ad reach is fine

But you may need to do some fancy maths to translate some of those numbers to find the real fan counts

Eg lets say there are 300,000 members and non Storm member follows the Storm on 2 of social platforms thats around 540k opposition supporters not casual fans

Latest posts