What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Munky

Coach
Lol Tigers. Ronnie Palmer is part of their re-build.

Tim Sheens bringing back the classics:
mr burns GIF

Whino

Bench
Dogs fans are going off about this.

SHOOSH

Which disgruntled young Bulldogs star is looking for a new club following Phil Gould’s decision to pay a $500,000 transfer fee for QLD rookie halfback Karl Oloapu and to give 33-year-old Josh Reynolds a spot in Canterbury’s top-30. Rival clubs are lining up to chat to the youngster.

Could be Khaled Rajab.

Iamback

Coach

SHOOSH

Which disgruntled young Bulldogs star is looking for a new club following Phil Gould’s decision to pay a $500,000 transfer fee for QLD rookie halfback Karl Oloapu and to give 33-year-old Josh Reynolds a spot in Canterbury’s top-30. Rival clubs are lining up to chat to the youngster.

Could be Khaled Rajab.

No surprise really, I'd be in the same boat. It will be him

Hooked

Juniors

SHOOSH

Could be Khaled Rajab.

Gould has denied it on Twitter. Probably get a release in a few months to another club.

One thing I don't miss anymore. Is Rothfield's weekly attacks on Gould and the club while he was here. Now they just pick other targets.

Wighton and Mitchell cleared to play for Indigenous All Stars.🤔 Quickest decision ever by the NRL. It’s like they need a few stars to be available.
There's Mitchell's potential excuse about his busted shoulder out of the window then. He could have cried police brutality. Still waiting for the racist card to be used

Panfa

Juniors
The dogs player who wants out is khaled rajab,one of my mates knows his dad and apparently the tigers were keen on him but khaled said he wanted to wait and see if he makes the top 30 squad at the dogs.Gould is very shifty,he is denying it but there is some truth in the story.

It's been going on since the Super League war.
Indeed.

Plus, Rothfield is the main instigator behind the propagation of the inflated Gus Gould “5-year plan” diatribe.

It was clear that Gould’s plan was to fix the juniors pathways within 5 years (which, to Gould’s credit, was delivered) but it was Rothfield who twisted it around to insinuate that Gould’s 5-year plan was to win the premiership. Thankfully, fellow journalists called him out on that but some mud did stick.

Whino

Bench
It's been going on since the Super League war.

Sure has.

I found this nice little article from 2005.

Can't tell write from wrong​

October 9, 2005 — 10.00am

Now the football is over, I'll respond to the rubbish reported about me lately.

Columnists such as Phil Rothfield, Rebecca Wilson and radio's Ray Hadley seem to have an obsession with discrediting me.

Their obsession is boring the pants off everybody.

I think Rothfield and Wilson place agendas and personal grievances above readers' needs for informative, accurate and unbiased reporting.

Rothfield has sledged me for more than a decade. His bitterness towards me has overtaken common sense and accuracy where my name is concerned. He is constantly wrong about me but that doesn't stop him backing up for another go. He has never contacted me to verify a story. He once sent me an abusive email. My email response must have hit the mark because he's never written to me again. These days he's just spitting into the wind. Every time he opens his mouth about me it blows right back in his face.

And Ray Hadley? He often delivers vindictive attacks on individuals, sometimes targeting their very livelihood. Don't take my word for it. Ask people such as Brian Smith, Paul Vautin, Peter Sterling, John Gibbs and Andrew Voss. He, too, has never had the courage to phone me to verify a story before shooting off his mouth. I wonder why?

Like Rothfield, Hadley is extremely thin-skinned. They dish it out but can't take it.