What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

T.S Quint

Coach
we used to say the same about the cancer sticks, but now they're not advertising either

They affected me.
I couldn’t go anywhere without going home stinking of cigs, even though I’ve never had one.

Pokies don’t affect me. Selfish, I know, but I’m all about my team winning here.

Gronk

Staff member
We need to innovate, not copy
Well the Pennys did nothing innovative. They just chucked huge re$ources at their junior system. Hopefully this crop of Ball and Flegg players can produce some 100 game NRL players. I can’t really see the Rouse Hill merkins making any impact other than Penisini.

Pazza

First Grade
Well the Pennys did nothing innovative. They just chucked huge re$ources at their junior system. Hopefully this crop of Ball and Flegg players can produce some 100 game NRL players. I can’t really see the Rouse Hill merkins making any impact other than Penisini.

I would say their catch and drag style of tackling is pretty innovative. How they deploy their outside backs as metre Eaters allowing their forward to focus on line speed is innovative. Their focus on bush footy to find jnrs. You dont fluke two premierships, make no doubt. What they're doing at the foot of the mountain (unfortunately) is far more thought out and innovative than what's happening here.

Gronk

Staff member
I would say their catch and drag style of tackling is pretty innovative. How they deploy their outside backs as metre Eaters allowing their forward to focus on line speed is innovative. Their focus on bush footy to find jnrs. You dont fluke two premierships, make no doubt. What they're doing at the foot of the mountain (unfortunately) is far more thought out and innovative than what's happening hehere.
The article was about jnr development, but I agree their backs do what ours used to do when Semi was around. That forklift tackle stifles momentum without the criticism of judo holds, graples etc

Pennys have a unique focus and ability to be on for most of the match. Most teams like us drift in and out. Very well drilled team, like Storm of old.

Pazza

First Grade
I mean in a broad sense, if we wanna win the big one we have to be innovative and find ways to create competitive advantage. This is why I think the dogs are destined for failure. You can't just transplant success, they already tried it with ripping dez and his staff out of manly.

I think a great way for us to be innovative is how we deploy our skilful middle forwards. Jnr, hodgson, matto and hopgood give us some nice short passing in the middle. Looking forward to how we use that.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I mean in a broad sense, if we wanna win the big one we have to be innovative and find ways to create competitive advantage. This is why I think the dogs are destined for failure. You can't just transplant success, they already tried it with ripping dez and his staff out of manly.

I think a great way for us to be innovative is how we deploy our skilful middle forwards. Jnr, hodgson, matto and hopgood give us some nice short passing in the middle. Looking forward to how we use that.
Well, we don't know how the dogs will go yet. It's a long season but they've got some quality players.

Latest posts