What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If perth is such a can't miss home run for nrl expansion..?!

Colk

First Grade
Seinfeld was a bit different to the normal US sitcom. It was generally very funny, plus it was actually a cultural being.
I mean if I say these things:
Soup Nazi
Hello Neeewmann
Bubble Boy
'Believe it or not George isn't at home'
They're fantastic, and they're real
Not that there's anything wrong with that
Etc, etc, etc

These phrases can be used to this day and a great deal of people will piss themselves laughing.
Case in point: "DEVILLLLLSSSS!"

Kind if like if I say these things, you will find it amusing, my family were big into Brit comedy on the TV when I was growing up.
Sambo
Oh Eddie...
I'll have a 'alf!
I'll get you Butler
George and Mildred
Personally I actually feel Curb over took it.
Either way, Larry David is one funny mutha bugger

Yeah that’s a good call. Both of them are absolutely hilarious

Yeah that’s a good call. Both of them are absolutely hilarious
I'll try not to take the thread too much off topic much longer, but threads are supposed to move organically so I feel.
The Yanks were so programmed in their TV shows for a very long time. They all had to follow a formula.
That was until Seinfeld in comedy, and The Sopranos in drama. After that they had a 'new' formula... "write something like that!"
The Sopranos is my all time fave TV show. I can still watch the whole series, and I have done more than 10 times.

Wb1234

Referee
You don’t know Seinfeld?
Perth didn’t have channel ten back then lol
I'll try not to take the thread too much off topic much longer, but threads are supposed to move organically so I feel.
The Yanks were so programmed in their TV shows for a very long time. They all had to follow a formula.
That was until Seinfeld in comedy, and The Sopranos in drama. After that they had a 'new' formula... "write something like that!"
The Sopranos is my all time fave TV show. I can still watch the whole series, and I have done more than 10 times.
lmao we’re all just old boomers who like the same thing

oh and Paulie played his part in the hit on tony to take over as boss

Wb1234

Referee
Seinfeld was a bit different to the normal US sitcom. It was generally very funny, plus it was actually a cultural being.
I mean if I say these things:
Soup Nazi
Hello Neeewmann
Bubble Boy
'Believe it or not George isn't at home'
They're fantastic, and they're real
Not that there's anything wrong with that
Etc, etc, etc

These phrases can be used to this day and a great deal of people will piss themselves laughing.
Case in point: "DEVILLLLLSSSS!"

Kind if like if I say these things, you will find it amusing, my family were big into Brit comedy on the TV when I was growing up.
Sambo
Oh Eddie...
I'll have a 'alf!
I'll get you Butler
George and Mildred
The moops

Perth didn’t have channel ten back then lol

lmao we’re all just old boomers who like the same thing

oh and Paulie played his part in the hit on tony to take over as boss
I ain't no f**king boomer mate. I'm a free thinker.
But if you want to classify me in age, well I'm in the Gen X category.
And yes I can see Paulie outlasting everyone.

Pippen94

First Grade

The thing about Seinfeld which ppl forget was it took most ppl a while to warm to it because it was so different to other shows

Colk

First Grade

Great call on the Sopranos. You only have to see the investment that has ensued for drama series from streaming services following the Sopranos.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder if the union WC's in 27/29 may be a motivator for further HBF upgrades, particularly the western stand?
Im sure the WA govt will go hard for some big profile games, probably at Optus but a redeveloped HBF might attract some mid sized games in the tournament and more of the womens WC in 2029?
It would be an obvious location for England and Sth Africa games.