What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
You saw $1.4 mil worth playing tonight tho..for us anyway if we had to. With a busted hand and all

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
He was practically useless yesterday. If we pick him up (which I seriously doubt we'll do), I'll be cut for sure.
Munster bro..but yea you’d want more than that from Mitch.. Even for the first game of the season. Maybe give him a couple weeks to settle in?

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Here's one for rhyno and his date scavenger . . . . . This is a quote in the game day thread from a bloke that has been busy decorating floats, getting his hair done, and painting rainbow banners for the games. Yet he still has time to come out with good, solid common sense stuff like this. EVERYONE can see it.
Come out :D . I kill me.

Homo man69

Juniors​

Never known of any other team that can self destruct like the Parramatta Eels. Ever since that 2001 grand final loss they've had some sort of "dumb play" curse. It's kinda like a club culture of choosing the wrong option at the worse time. It's truly head scratching stuff

Tigerm

First Grade
Moses @ 1.4 for 5 years?? I'd rather buy our coaching staff a new Bentley each...it'd be money better spent
I didn't watch the game, but just reading the Parra threads, he didn't do well apparently, is he tanking again?

I hope Sheens sees it that way and lowers his offer by a fair bit or better still, rescinds the offer altogether.
It would be best for every other club to keep the prick at Parra.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
For me signing Moses is just such a bad fit for this team.

If the team was ready for a tilt at something and just needed a halfback and we had the money I would be all for it albeit on a shorter deal, but by the time the team is ready Moses would well and truly be on the decline and we all know what a well paid disinterested Moses plays like.

I am confident the words "Premiership winning halfback, Mitch Moses" will never be spoken and watching Parra attach themselves to that anchor for the next 5/6 years would be priceless.

Das Hassler

Bench
I didn't watch the game, but just reading the Parra threads, he didn't do well apparently, is he tanking again?

I hope Sheens sees it that way and lowers his offer by a fair bit or better still, rescinds the offer altogether.
It would be best for every other club to keep the prick at Parra.

I've never seen a halfback look more like he's playing an individual sport...as tired as the term downhill skier has become I could not think of a player it's ever suited more. As for his halves partner Brown, the Eels have signed their own Anthony Milford + 10% for what...8 years?! I pray that Moses sails past us...he'd give us some highlight wins for sure but ultimately take us nowhere but into cap bankrupcy

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Having said that Sheens and Benji may actually believe they can fix his steering...which they well could for a season or two but to be saddled with his contract for 5 years is just too bad to contemplate

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I don't like Manly much but I loved watching them make the Bulldogs look bog average. None of the Bulldogs big stars looked like anything special. I look forward to them going down to the Raiders next week and then us the week after.
Such great results so far with Parra and the Panthers going down as well.
Happy Tom And Jerry GIF

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't like Manly much but I loved watching them make the Bulldogs look bog average. None of the Bulldogs big stars looked like anything special. I look forward to them going down to the Raiders next week and then us the week after.
Such great results so far with Parra and the Panthers going down as well.
Happy Tom And Jerry GIF
and only one big margin..

Tigerm

First Grade
100%! Im really concerned about how many Tiger fans have been carried away with the Canberra trial and underestimating the job we have to do today. This rebuild WILL take time!
I don’t think people are getting carried away with anything, we have all had the same ride for a decade to know that, but we have tended to lose games that we were expected not to lose, which maybe would have seen us in the 8 over a few seasons, my expectation this year, is for some of those losses, not to happen and if we can win more than we lose (barring injuries), that is not unreasonable & then we are a chance.

Seriously, “the rebuild will take time” has been happening for over 10 years, it has to happen some time, why not now?

I do agree a couple of positions are iffy, but we won’t know by how much, till we start.

While I’m not a fan of Sheens, the coaching team he has assembled is pretty good and I will trust their judgement at this stage.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
If Moses (as expected) doesn’t sign with us, we should have $1.4m a season to splash out on a player or players next year?

Depending on how Brooks performs this season (i.e. we may not need a 7?) we will have some serious cash to go to the player market with.

Latest posts