What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R1 Sun - Dolphins 28-18 Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 1: Dolphins v Sydney

• Dolphins

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any RL club that has this as official merchandise is bound to be a powerhouse

retrordkfc_2.jpg
Robbo on full time “did somebody say KFC??”

BranVan3000

Coach
I have got a real feeling of an upset on the cards

Complete unknown side, first ever inaugural game, chance to really establish the history of the Dolphins clubs. A win would be the game Dolphins fans remember forever. Dolphins should be up for this

Then you've got the master coach who wins Origins with the worst ever Queensland side. Also Bennett knows how weak Allen and Paulo can be and will be targeting them heavily

On paper it's a no brainer but I just feel if Roosters only bring 80% to this game they could get their pants pulled down
I am smart, Bunniesman is not

Maximus

Coach
Roosters by plenty. The Roosters are one of the top 2 teams in the comp and clear favourites to make the grand final along with us. The Dolphins are favourites for the wooden spoon. It is an extremely mediocre squad. A lot of players are either too old or too young, very few at their peak.

I can see Easts not wanting to embarrass the new team so they'll keep the final margin at just 20-30 but they'd have the potential to make it 50 if they are ruthless.

So Rabbits and Roosters for bottom 2, and Dolphins the Premiers.

Valheru

Coach
I'm completely unsurprised, add it to a long list of dud round 1 performances.

The game was well in control at the 30 minute mark at 12-6 up and looking the more likely to score. Then the mistakeathon happened.

The dolphins played with a level of commitment and intensity the roosters weren't willing to match

skeepe

Immortal
The gaslighting from all the NRL experts who said they didn’t have a chance starts in earnest.

They’ll talk about how experienced the Dolphins forward pack is, how dynamic the backline is, how fierce the defence is, as if this is a result they saw coming.

Don’t f**king let them.

jodragon40

Juniors
Wow. Now that's a team playing for each other. Another Bennett coached team that bases its tactics around defence. Congratulations to the Dolphins

skeepe

Immortal
My mate met a girl, went back to her place and did a swim in the apartment complex pool.

His description the next day: "Beached whale"
Haha. Man.

Worst thing for me was thinking Clifford lived alone or with a roommate, then coming out the next morning to find her mum, dad, grandma and two beefy brothers sitting around the kitchen table eating pancakes.

One of them started to say something and I got the f**k out of there, smashing the locked screen door on the way out. Apparently all they were doing was asking if I wanted some breakfast.

Latest posts