What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R1 Sun - Dolphins 28-18 Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 1: Dolphins v Sydney

• Dolphins

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
That game is why Mr Burns is considered a GOAT and Gobbo isn't even the conversation.

Absolute myth of a coach.

If you're going to make a statement like this at least understand history. This happens every year, we suck in round 1. This isn't even the worst round 1 performance in his tenure, 2018 tigers and 2022 knights were worse IMO.

Let's not also pretend that this game wasn't a bigger deal for the dolphins than us. They wanted to make a statement, develop an identity and celebrate their existence. To us it was one of 24 regular season games this year. That's why you had finals like intensity from them (which I doubt you will see too many times again this year) and the opposite from us.

Canard

Immortal
If you're going to make a statement like this at least understand history. This happens every year, we suck in round 1. This isn't even the worst round 1 performance in his tenure, 2018 tigers and 2022 knights were worse IMO.

Let's not also pretend that this game wasn't a bigger deal for the dolphins than us. They wanted to make a statement, develop an identity and celebrate their existence. To us it was one of 24 regular season games this year. That's why you had finals like intensity from them (which I doubt you will see too many times again this year) and the opposite from us.

Normally I'd love to lay into the Roosters.

But this isn't it.

This is a chance to lay into Paul Kent, Buzz Rothfield, Fox NRL etc

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
It's not also pretend that this game wasn't a bigger deal for the dolphins than us. They wanted to make a statement, develop an identity and celebrate their existence. To us it was one of 24 regular season games this year. That's why you had finals like intensity from them (which I doubt you will see too many times again this year) and the opposite from us.
street-fighter-bison.gif
Alright calm down M.Bison

King hit

Coach
Normally I'd love to lay into the Roosters.

But this isn't it.

This is a chance to lay into Paul Kent, Buzz Rothfield, Fox NRL etc

The biggest oxygen thieves to talk footy with the exceptions of Hadley and Jones. They are FAKE NEWS!!!!

blaza88z

Coach
Congratulations to the Dolphins they played an excellent game and deserved to win. It was a true team effort with everyone doing their part. This will be a good episode on the Bennett series on Stan

I suspect you've gone full circle and have abandoned the Roosters, just the same as you did the Broncos

blaza88z

Coach

That will be the challenge for The.

To maintain that sort of performance every week.

Valheru

Coach
That will be the challenge for The.

To maintain that sort of performance every week.

This is no knock on them but that is going to be an impossibility. That was almost origin level intensity and the conditions of today won't be replicated with the possible exception of the broncos game.

I do expect them to be defensively sound and well organised throughout the year so they will be in the hunt for the 8.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
This is no knock on them but that is going to be an impossibility. That was almost origin level intensity and the conditions of today won't be replicated with the possible exception of the broncos game.

I do expect them to be defensively sound and well organised throughout the year so they will be in the hunt for the 8.
Holy shit at the cope in this post. They only won because they played at "origin intensity"(they didn't) LOL.

Valheru

Coach
Holy shit at the cope in this post. They only won because they played at "origin intensity"(they didn't) LOL.

I'm not saying they played with the skill of origin players.

Their intensity was high and ours low, do you disagree with that?

Errors was a major factor in the result.

Latest posts