What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME THREAD: Eels v Sea Eagles - Round 3 (16th March 2023)

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm not sure if BA is tactically poor, or his players don't pay attention.

There are times when the opposition gives us a perfect target (eg: in round 1, the Storm had a second-rower playing on the wing, and we bombed to him once...which he dropped), and we seem ro ignore it.
And when Schuster had really bad cramps, we decided not to attack him. Nice guys lol

yy_cheng

Coach
We lack a Manu Mau type enforcer. There is not a lot of intimidation factor in our pack. Just one mad merkin whose mission is to intimidate and smash everyone. Manlys young second rowers were smashing us at will.
Tbh i don't even consider mau a hitman.

The only hitmen i can recall are Peter Johnston and tahu

84 Baby

Referee
Yep. Heres a coaching technique "hey, Mitch start kicking to the corners or open field... not down the throat. Mitch you've not stopped , you're dropped and by the way youre worth 800".
… did you watch the game? I’ll pay that he wasn’t as tactical in first 2 games but his kicks vs Manly were first class. His 40/20 attempt was what turned the 14-0 rot.
Now if he could just do those every week we’d be much better off

Eel2reel

Juniors
… did you watch the game? I’ll pay that he wasn’t as tactical in first 2 games but his kicks vs Manly were first class. His 40/20 attempt was what turned the 14-0 rot.
Now if he could just do those every week we’d be much better off
Agree. And was just reaching for a relevant player situation. You and i know there are numerous tactical and coaching repeat offenders that do not change - "stop f:"kin skipping Waqa!", "get off the line fast - everyone", "ffs Gutho cut your hair!"

Last edited:

Latest posts