What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons V Sharks Round 4

dungay dragon

Juniors
Word is out that the board has asked Hook to reapply. They are going to interview other candidates (apparently Ryles is their first choice - used to play for us - now assistant at Melbourne). The way this usually plays is in the next few weeks Hook will be probably be negotiting to leave early and get paid off. Based on this development, I see the team struggling this season.

The board should have kept this until round 10 to see if the team is a chance to play finals!
SL
Thinking they may have pressed the panic button as Bellamy is looking more and more likely to be moving on next year from the Storm , and Ryles would be one of their main targets .
A few other Clubs will also be looking at their Coaching situations esp Knights.
Yep probably wheels in motion earlier than expected to most but not unexpected
Wondering if player power , current and future , also had a major bearing on this decision
If player managers have repeatedly told the Club that the current Coach was a deciding factor in their star player going elsewhere , they may have little choice but to act..
Interesting times ahead

steerlerbab

Juniors
SL
Thinking they may have pressed the panic button as Bellamy is looking more and more likely to be moving on next year from the Storm , and Ryles would be one of their main targets .
A few other Clubs will also be looking at their Coaching situations esp Knights.
Yep probably wheels in motion earlier than expected to most but not unexpected
Wondering if player power , current and future , also had a major bearing on this decision
If player managers have repeatedly told the Club that the current Coach was a deciding factor in their star player going elsewhere , they may have little choice but to act..
Interesting times ahead
The board should have tapped Hook on the shoulder last Oct that his time is up, not 3 weeks into 2023 competition. I wonder what is the morale in the camp now.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Word is out that the board has asked Hook to reapply. They are going to interview other candidates (apparently Ryles is their first choice - used to play for us - now assistant at Melbourne). The way this usually plays is in the next few weeks Hook will be probably be negotiting to leave early and get paid off. Based on this development, I see the team struggling this season.

The board should have kept this until round 10 to see if the team is a chance to play finals!
Ryles joined Roosters coaching squad in 2022. Coaching and roster are important, but we first need to fix our front of house which is a shit show with too much vested interest.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Im confident we will beat the Sharks this weekend.....yes I know we had a tough slog in Brisbane last Saturday night and most of the players were out on their feet with 10 to go....but the Sharks had a tough game against The Raiders as well....I'll throw in that we have an xtra days rest as well.....doesnt sound much 24 hrs but it all adds up come game day....anyhow Dragons by 8 plus

RedVee_8

Juniors
RV8, the best memory for me from that era and a little earlier was being in the Sheridan Stand at the SCG and watching this growing line of white jerseys with the big Rev V emerge from the home dressing room. Hard to reproduce the excitement I would feel at that moment these days. I don't blame anyone for that but the lesson is you have to enjoy those great experiences in life while you can because none ever last forever.
I remember being in the Sheridan in 72? 73? 74? In the semi Vs Manly when Lord Ted was on fire with his dropouts finding touch and that chip n chase try balancing the ball on his fingertips

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I remember being in the Sheridan in 72? 73? 74? In the semi Vs Manly when Lord Ted was on fire with his dropouts finding touch and that chip n chase try balancing the ball on his fingertips
Actually it was 1975 RedVee_8!
The drop outs had Manly’s Ray Branighan scratching his head in confusion.
I still believe that was the best individual try I've ever seen; even better than the one he scored in the Grand Final two years later.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Last week, against the bronco, they played 71 minutes. Then the defence line speed was slow zig zag and massive gaps on the edges and middle. If these football imposter players continue this crap. I’m sure the sharks will put on a cricket score.
Beau Scott use to be Sowies bodyguard in the defensive line.
looks like Bird is Sullivan bodyguard but Bird is worst then Sullivan in defence.
Sullivan kicking game is good, attack is getting better.
but try line defence he is like the stadium entry turnstile.
everyone goes through.
Bird needs to retire. And bring in JDB to protect Sullivan.
JDB has to be assigned to cover Sullivan and also have a mission to negate the opposition halfback. We needed him bearing down on Reynolds last Saturday, he had such a free reign and killed us.

It is a reflection on what the club sees as important in the whole scheme of things.
Talk in the off season that we were looking at pulling our Jersey Flegg team altogether from competition in 2023.
Then the appointment of a part time coach for the KOE team.
There seems to be a much greater focus on bringing in younger talent for the Ball teams rather than the 2 teams above them.

Como Connection

First Grade
For all that's been said and done I don't think I can take another derby loss at home to the Sharks right now.

No happy losses or 'positive signs'.

Said it last year to great disappointment but Dragons need to stand up now and win this one, and win it with a bit of dominance.
Have 4 at the Royal before and hopefully 4 after, best advice I can offer.
CC

Draginzaaar

Bench
It was GI who used sowie as a speed hump. But sowie was a tuff player who just got up and continued to play. These days a bump on the head and you are on vacation for 11 days.
in the seventies if you didn’t get whacked on the head you were either a winger or ball boy. The game has gone too soft.
I think we will soon be watch touch footy in a few years time.
If you got hit by some of these guys, yu'd be in hospital. Soft? I don't think so.

Latest posts