What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Canberra @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 4: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i hope O’Brien told Young that his performance was not a good look when speculation about his future has been rampant. It also shows that getting Marzhew was an astute recruitment move by the club. Finally we actually have a player who can readily step in seamlessly. Do we dare say that Dom has played his last FG game for the club?
I reckon it's a prompt for an early release with a player swap.

Old dog

Juniors
Wouldn’t like to see Young go, yes he had poor game, error wise but think read him the riot act, tell him to knuckle down as it is currently the Knights that are paying him, give him next game to put things right then act if needed, he deserve that and if not then it’s Cup for him

Spot On

Coach
Wouldn’t like to see Young go, yes he had poor game, error wise but think read him the riot act, tell him to knuckle down as it is currently the Knights that are paying him, give him next game to put things right then act if needed, he deserve that and if not then it’s Cup for him

He jumped ship, thumbing his nose at O’Brien and giving Robbo a big cuddle instead.

Obi must rub his nose in it and banish him.

Old dog

Juniors
We have signed many players who jumped ship, works both ways, can’t blame him, likely more money and better opportunity to win comp, I just want him to play his best while we pay him

Spot On

Coach
I don’t blame him for jumping ship but the club took a chance bringing him over, gave him a start and he’s given Obi the big FU after 5 minutes in the joint.

You are kidding yourself if O’Brien does not feel greatly disappointed with the outcome.

Young needs to have his head in the game for us if he wants to play firsts this year. Otherwise, send him to the minors.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Marz and Young our best wing combo. Hunt adds nothing at all, I understand Young has been rocks and diamonds to start the year but he offers a hell of a lot more than the other options.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Lachie Miller
2. Hymel Hunt
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Leo Thompson
11. Brodie Jones
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Kurt Mann

14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Jack Hetherington
16. Mat Croker
17. Jack Johns

18. Dylan Lucas
19. Adam Clune
20. Tom Cant
21. Enari Tuala
22. Tyson Frizell

O’Brien’s squad includes several players with injury concerns, medical staff will use the longer turnaround to give them every chance to take the field on Sunday.

The extended squad is a mixture of players fighting for NRL spots and players returning from injury, plus some young debutants backing up after strong debuts in the red and blue jersey.

Vibing

Juniors
Knights give the Raiders curry almost every time they play them , doesn't matter where the 2 are on ladder ,
expect a contest.

Spot On

Coach
Smart kid.

He’d be even smarter if he can get his manager to convince the Roosters to get him out now via a player swap.

But I doubt it… unless Obi sticks to his guns and is SMART enough to let him rot in Reggies.

We live in hope.

Top 17 looks OK but surely can't field them all with injuries. It'd be a risk. I reckon look for more longer term and rest those that aren't 90%.

Yosh

Coach
Sure Dom had a bad game last week but we have guys like Crossland who has played maybe 5 adequate games in his career and 33 bad games yet keeps getting extended and picked week in week out
If Crossland gets dropped or injured, who would be in line for the 14 jersey?

Latest posts