What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Perth Red

Post Whore
So in a small city of Perth, where are the fans coming from?
80% AFL 5% Union 5% A league..Cricket ect
There's only 2 million population that bt your admission are all tied up 🤷‍♂️
eh? 2.2 mill and growing 45k a year is small?

1. There is no law that says fans of one sport cant follow another. That's just big footy and LU lunatics that think that
2. Not every RL fan in Perth follows another sport
3. There are 20k plus active RL fans proven in Perth
4. In 1995 when the city was half the size the Reds got great crowds before SL BS hit everyone

A perth NRl club wont make a jot to AFL, a NZ2 wont make a jot to NZRU, adding moreAFL clubs to NRL heartlands hasnt made a jot to NRL.
Its dumb and very ignorant thinking in the xtreme.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Direct ratings rival is bullshit. In 27 years The Warriors have only TWICE got close to the LOWEST rating All Blacks tests. And that's only during a finals run.

You Australians are wrong once again. Not surprisingly. SANZAR took the game professional because Packer tried to set up a professional comp, like he did with Cricket, by signing dozens of players. You morons don't have a clue about NZ.
And when NZ has 2 teams in a rivalry game it will out rate the All blacks with ease.
The premier event in NZ wil be...🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁 🥁 a game of League 😁

Gobsmacked

Bench
eh? 2.2 mill and growing 45k a year is small?

1. There is no law that says fans of one sport cant follow another. That's just big footy and LU lunatics that think that
2. Not every RL fan in Perth follows another sport
3. There are 20k plus active RL fans proven in Perth
4. In 1995 when the city was half the size the Reds got great crowds before SL BS hit everyone

A perth NRl club wont make a jot to AFL, a NZ2 wont make a jot to NZRU, adding moreAFL clubs to NRL heartlands hasnt made a jot to NRL.
Its dumb and very ignorant thinking in the xtreme.
So 20k , 20k people are going to tune in and turn out to watch a Perth team?
At the start, most of them will be at the game adding 0 to ratings, eventually falling off especially if they don't perform on the field like the Force ( 6k )
And welcome to Australia and let me explain something... AFL fans hate RL, they won't watch 1 game! Not 1.
PVD knows this! 😉

Gobsmacked

Bench
Great, so we can expect Sky NZ to pay us $100mil a year and give us 5% ownership as well? Sweet.
Honestly. If you were in Brisbane as I am and you knew how big a rivalry this is building to be... then apply that to an entire country!!
Do you have any idea just how massive that could be?
Kinda dividing a country into 2 camp!
What's that thing? Origin?
That's not big is it ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So 20k , 20k people are going to tune in and turn out to watch a Perth team?
At the start, most of them will be at the game adding 0 to ratings, eventually falling off especially if they don't perform on the field like the Force ( 6k )
And welcome to Australia and let me explain something... AFL fans hate RL, they won't watch 1 game! Not 1.
PVD knows this! 😉
Id expect a 15k crowd avg and a 20k membership base. Other clubs have shown what a 20k active fanbase can generate revenue wise and how its enough to be sustainable.

TV audience will make no difference to club viability, that's for the NRL and TV companies to argue the value over.

Not my experience of AFL fans in Perth. In fact the double header 20 of us went. about ten were dockers or eagles members.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Honestly. If you were in Brisbane as I am and you knew how big a rivalry this is building to be... then apply that to an entire country!!
Do you have any idea just how massive that could be?
Kinda dividing a country into 2 camp!
What's that thing? Origin?
That's not big is it ?
Last time I looked Wellington or christchurch were not that big into their RL to suggest a Warriors v NZ2 game would generate origin status lol

Wb1234

Referee
News Ltd? World Rugby? NZRU? who was?
come on you said they went pro Because of them.
Like I said you are particularly cooked today.

There’s a start for you

auckland warriors
Super league
Packer attempt to form a rival super league for union
Nzru join with Murdoch
Union went pro

Te Kaha

First Grade
And when NZ has 2 teams in a rivalry game it will out rate the All blacks with ease.
The premier event in NZ wil be...🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁 🥁 a game of League 😁

Now I know you have zero understanding about NZ.

You are getting really desperate now. You have to keep tilting at your windmill, but you know deep down it's a forlorn dream. NZ2 will not be the next team, or the one after that. Nobody is going to pay for it.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Id expect a 15k crowd avg and a 20k membership base. Other clubs have shown what a 20k active fanbase can generate revenue wise and how its enough to be sustainable.

TV audience will make no difference to club viability, that's for the NRL and TV companies to argue the value over.

Not my experience of AFL fans in Perth. In fact the double header 20 of us went. about ten were dockers or eagles members.
Who do you think you're fooling?

Gobsmacked

Bench

There's a noticeable drop off from their first year and I counted 13 games with attendance under 10k 😳
Right down to a 5k..
This isn't SL buddy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh nzru turned pro because of the Warriors, it had nothing at all to do with the massive amount of money that flowed into their game from news ltd in 1995 That allowed union around the world to turn pro. You two have rocks in your head lol

Wb1234

Referee
I
Yeh nzru turned pro because of the Warriors, it had nothing at all to do with the massive amount of money that flowed into their game from news ltd in 1995 That allowed union around the world to turn pro. You two have rocks in your head lol
is that what you worked out reading the hull daily mail from your house in east hull