What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

jodragon40

Juniors
I has always advocated that ex players should not be head coaches of their respective playing clubs. Nothing I have seen over the years has changed my mind

randomdragon

Juniors
I has always advocated that ex players should not be head coaches of their respective playing clubs. Nothing I have seen over the years has changed my mind
this is a bit different, has been gone for ages and hasn't been employed after playing career for a while. has also been involved in the 2 most successful clubs in the last few years. look at Fitzgibbon

SnowDragon

Juniors
Every time I see the name Hasler my left eyelid starts to twitch for some reason.

I know, I know…

part of me thinks he is the man manager to turn us around. That his name is strong enough to attract the players we need to break the cycle.

but then I think of what he did with the dogs, and question why he fell out at manly. Is our club strong enough to control him? It could go either way.

BLM01

First Grade
I know, I know…

part of me thinks he is the man manager to turn us around. That his name is strong enough to attract the players we need to break the cycle.

but then I think of what he did with the dogs, and question why he fell out at manly. Is our club strong enough to control him? It could go either way.
I think all that is partly right
What Des did at the Dogs was also due to poor leadership and internal leagues club fractions...ring a bell!
Manly were a basket case while Des left the building between 2012 and his return although Toovey took them to a GF

mattchuot

Juniors
I don’t think Ryles will break his 3 year contract with the Roosters, much like Fitzgibbon . He completes that the end of 2024 and they all seem to be loyal to Politis and their word.
It’ll be interesting to see what happens if we do pursue him. Andrew Webster mentioned on SEN yesterday that talk of the Roosters not wanting to let him go before his contract expired wasn’t entirely accurate. It was more they don’t want a repeat of the AOB situation where he broke his contract late into the year leaving them little time to find a replacement AC. Whether Ryles would want to leave and take up the Dragons job at all remains to be seen.

There is an upside and downside to all of the possible coach candidates for 2024.
A big plus is Hasler is available to take over immediately.
No issues with breaking a current contract.
Personally, I like the look of a Hasler head coach and Scott Fulton in charge of our recruitment combination.

Latest posts