What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Melbourne @ AAMI Park, Melbourne

Who will win? Round 4: Melbourne v Wests Tigers

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
I’ve got a feeling we surprise tonight. I don’t really like Doeuihi at 1 but otherwise it’s the best team on paper we’ve had in a decade. Great pack, big strong fast centres. Storm have been horrible to start the year, yes Munster is a big in but Hughes is nearly as big an out. Their pack is fairly average and guys like Coates, Smith haven’t kicked on as expected. Papalli will be running at Pezet, hopefully Brooks can get him one on one.
We've gotta come good eventually, so why not now:)
re: the centres, Kepaoa has been a big surprise in the SR for me, hopefully he and Naden can finally lock down the centre positions and kill it.

We've gotta come good eventually, so why not now:)
re: the centres, Kepaoa has been a big surprise in the SR for me, hopefully he and Naden can finally lock down the centre positions and kill it.

Yeah I didn’t rate keps until this year.

But I’ve always rated Nado. He’s settled down a lot off the field and away from the Panther child-like environment.

Pezz70

Juniors
I like that forward pack, I’d have Utoikamanu off the bench though with Twal starting prop. I think the big man should come on when a few players use up a bit of juice. In fact I think it is ‘A’ grade level stupid to have him start. I see proper carnage in that boy given the right conditions

Tonight side is one which should be competitive. I hope we win but my sensible self says we get done 30-16.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
I’ve got a feeling we surprise tonight. I don’t really like Doeuihi at 1 but otherwise it’s the best team on paper we’ve had in a decade. Great pack, big strong fast centres. Storm have been horrible to start the year, yes Munster is a big in but Hughes is nearly as big an out. Their pack is fairly average and guys like Coates, Smith haven’t kicked on as expected. Papalli will be running at Pezet, hopefully Brooks can get him one on one.

Where would you play Douehi? He isn't a half and should never be named as a 6 or 7 ever again. His defence isn't good enough to be ball-playing middle. Most likely the same in centres.

I like that forward pack, I’d have Utoikamanu off the bench though with Twal starting prop. I think the big man should come on when a few players use up a bit of juice. In fact I think it is ‘A’ grade level stupid to have him start. I see proper carnage in that boy given the right conditions

Tonight side is one which should be competitive. I hope we win but my sensible self says we get done 30-16.

I like your approach.

Get the grunts to do the softening up period and then inject the carnage to take advantage of a more fatigued opponent.

Whether we win or not depends on whether Tim and co have addressed our fundamentals.

I defer to vic on every aspect of the game known to humankind, but we can only compare sides from the position that players are playing at first grade standard.

Looking at our errors, positioning issues and negative play, we still have a mountain to climb.

Then add Brooksy and it’s steeper.

Tigerm

First Grade
I like your approach.

Get the grunts to do the softening up period and then inject the carnage to take advantage of a more fatigued opponent.

Whether we win or not depends on whether Tim and co have addressed our fundamentals.

I defer to vic on every aspect of the game known to humankind, but we can only compare sides from the position that players are playing at first grade standard.

Looking at our errors, positioning issues and negative play, we still have a mountain to climb.

Then add Brooksy and it’s steeper.
At the end of the day, while the Sheenius is not a good coach imo, it’s the players who play, they get paid a shit load of dollars to do this. Surely it’s their responsibility to be ready to play, they got here by knowing the basic’s better than others and it’s time they were held accountable, we lose coach after coach because some of our key players just don’t want to play team footy.
Well, f**k ‘‘em off, I gotta a feeling Tim is realising this now and is thinking it wasn’t Madge’s fault after all.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, while the Sheenius is not a good coach imo, it’s the players who play, they get paid a shit load of dollars to do this. Surely they got here by knowing the basic’s better than others and it’s time they were held accountable, we lose coach after coach because some of our key players just don’t want to play team footy.
Well, f**k ‘‘em off, I gotta a feeling Tim is realising this now and is thinking it wasn’t Madge’s fault after all.

Some good points.

We’ve had 2.8 games of players making error after error and unable to capitalise on distinct advantages.

If you add up our errors and negative plays, our record this year is horrendous. Looking at time, I estimated we have f**ked something up on our own every 6 to 8 minutes so far this season.

That’s not even addressing players being slow, being out of position and other rubbish

Average error rate of 11 per game, being on nrl standard.

I assume that it’s in all of them or nearly all of them to pass or catch as they are first graders.

that’s on Tim and the 3 amigos

WA Tiger

Bench
The coaches at this club have no balls to let players go when they are no good..Madge Brooks / now Sheens AD..We had until the end of the year to find someone but sheens just gave in ..now AD has to take up a position until ‘25, or it’s a bad look.. on top of a bad looks that are piling up fast for sheens..

WA Tiger

Bench
When AD passed the ball to Bateman in full view and at virtually arms reach as Bateman was running into the tackle, Sheens panic button must have exploded..

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Two very ordinary left edge defence errors lead to tries, they’re straight out communication and trust errors. Blokes coming out of their lane to defend because theyre not communicating in the line and don’t trust the bloke inside them to do their job. Comes from getting beat everyweek. Bateman is a meat axe, tries so hard.

Pezz70

Juniors
Brooks gives away 7 tackle set after a good attacking set and Melbourne score. The gates are open now. Really poor effort from Naden for that Staines drop and Douehi nowhere to be seen, he should’ve been there