What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I really wish the Broncos had worn their home jersey for this historical occasion, rather than this one off ‘city’ jersey. Cool kit but the NRL shouldn’t have approved it for this game

MugaB

Coach
I really wish the Broncos had worn their home jersey for this historical occasion, rather than this one off ‘city’ jersey. Cool kit but the NRL shouldn’t have approved it for this game
Broncos playing up the "We own this city" garbage
was fairly bullshit trope... especially with the "city" jersey..
.. wtf is the reason for a city jersey anyway, don't they care about ipswich, redlands, logan or chermside, oh ok were only about Milton, Redcliffe can go fk themselves

yadamisha

Juniors
Exactly, Redcliffe fans think it is a only a media spin about this battle of Brisbane BS, as their fans could not not give a ar$# about Brisbane as the Dolphins are from the north of Brisbane, not Brisbane itself. Its only the mass uneducated that this makes sense to - battle of battle of Brisbane BS!!! Broncos can have their city, it is not Redcliffe's as we have been our own city for most of the life of Redcliffe Dolphins.

I can assure you Redcliffe fans would rather play out of an upgraded Dolphin Oval than Lang Park. Broncos can have it. The name Redcliffe is in the Dolphin team song, not Brisbane!!

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Broncos: “We need a jersey for the game against the Dolphins that tells everyone that we’re the real Brisbane team.”

Designer: “So… the Melbourne Storm jersey?”

Broncos: “No, it needs to represent Brisbane.”

Designer: “So… Melbourne Storm?”

Broncos: “No, Bris-bane.”

Designer: “Mel-Bourne?”

Broncos: “B R I…”

Designer: “M E L…”

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I had no idea what that broncos jersey was about as a pleb watching it on tv with no background info.

Pink so was it for women in league?
Pink, maybe it was a poor attempt at a pride jersey?
Some weird pictures on it, maybe its one of those poor attempts at an Anzac jersey? But in march?

It was only on LU that I gathered that it was to represent the city?

Wtf?

sempmrh

Juniors
First time seeing the new Storm home jersey on the field last night - not loving it. It baffles me that the club persists with such a dull, muted shade of purple when it’s supposed to be the colour that sets us apart from other teams. Even when you see the retail jersey up close - the colours just look off, even the navy blue. At least they’ve given up trying to push grey/silver which is a positive.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Manly will wear their alternate (for those unaware, it's a combo of their 1978 and 1996 premiership jerseys) for the first time this year tonight

flippikat

Bench
The Sattler Tribute jersey looks nice on the field, Souths would be stupid not making that (with the full bunny, save the Sattler Bunny for special occasions) their home jersey again, that jersey makes the side panels on their current home and away jerseys look even worse
It just looks so damn good.

This for main/home, and a white version of the "minties" strip for away/alternate.

Simple, iconic, Souths through & through, a real contrast between main & alternate - and not a damn side-panel in sight.

It's Been Done

Juniors
It just looks so damn good.

This for main/home, and a white version of the "minties" strip for away/alternate.

Simple, iconic, Souths through & through, a real contrast between main & alternate - and not a damn side-panel in sight.
Souths fans should put pressure on the club to do just that via a campaign like how supporters of several AFL clubs have done in the past as well as Penrith, who brought back the all-sorts colour scheme as their identity again after pressure from supporters

Latest posts