What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well a few gun forwards out sure did stop our Ball team. :( o_O

7 tries to 3

No Fualema or Tuivati, the best props in SG Ball. Also no Lebron Tuala. Where are the merkins?

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like Flegg might snag a win.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would say the majority of merkins in Flegg are unrated by their clubs (or any other club). Decent 21-year-olds should be in the top 30 (or development squad) and playing reserve grade.

There was a place for Flegg when it was under 19s but that is now filled by Eshay Ball. Even when we had the NYC (and no Flegg) it was under 20s and the best 20 year olds were usually playing reserve grade or NRL.

Chipmunk

Coach
I would say the majority of merkins in Flegg are unrated by their clubs (or any other club). Decent 21-year-olds should be in the top 30 (or development squad) and playing reserve grade.

There was a place for Flegg when it was under 19s but that is now filled by Eshay Ball. Even when we had the NYC (and no Flegg) it was under 20s and the best 20 year olds were usually playing reserve grade or NRL.
It does seem a strange evolution of the sport that Flegg is now Under 21s

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It does seem a strange evolution of the sport that Flegg is now Under 21s
Yeah, remember Presidents Cup? It was under 21s and they f**ked it off because it served no purpose. The old under 23s seems even more ridiculous, but there was obviously a need since merkins matured (physically) much later with sports science in its infancy.

the phantom menace

First Grade
These Flegg and Ball guys must've ben important to have his name memorialised across shifting age groups.

I feel sorry for Flowers, whose Memorial Pennant I think fell into obscurity.

Latest posts