What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
I'd go Edwards next. Luai is the other core member off contract end of next year but I suspect we may leave him until later on. If we're really just not evolving through this season, the club could opt to bank on Cole longer term as a cheaper option to free up some cash from the spine to spend on strike elsewhere/at hooker.

Whino

Bench
Now official

Yeo re-signs with Panthers​

Penrith Panthers is pleased to announce the re-signing of co-captain Isaah Yeo until the end of the 2027 NRL season.

Already contracted for the 2023 and 2024 seasons, the two-time premiership winner has committed his future to the club for an additional three years.

A St Johns Dubbo junior, Yeo made his NRL debut against Newcastle in 2014 and won the club's John Farragher Award for Courage and Determination in 2017.

The 28-year-old lock has played 199 NRL matches for the club, eight State of Origins for NSW Blues and five Tests for Australia – including the triumphant World Cup Final.

Yeo will become the eighth Panthers player to notch 200 first grade games for the club when he celebrates the milestone on Friday night against Canberra at GIO Stadium.

As well as leading the Panthers to back-to-back titles, Yeo was named Dally M Lock of the Year in both premiership seasons, as well as Dally M Captain of the Year in 2022.

With Nathan Cleary and Brian To’o also signed with the club until the end of 2027 and James Fisher-Harris until 2026, Yeo’s re-signing ensures a core group of international players will remain together on long-term deals.

“I couldn’t be prouder to re-sign with the club and I’m excited to see what we will achieve over the next few years,” Yeo said.

“I’m obviously over the moon. I’ve called the club home since I was 17 years old. To secure my future here until 2027 is something I couldn’t be prouder of.
Isaah Yeo

“I have a young family and we all get to grow up in the area. My fiancé, Ash, is from Penrith and we’re proud to call this place home.”

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary congratulated Yeo on the long-term deal.

“This will be an extremely popular re-signing for the Panthers,” Cleary said.
“Isaah has a huge influence on the team through his own elite level performance, total commitment as a team player, and also tremendous leadership on and off the field. These qualities make him a unique talent that we are very fortunate to have for years to come.”

Panthers Rugby League CEO Matt Cameron shared his delight to secure Yeo’s services until the end of the 2027 season.

“Isaah’s unwavering commitment, leadership, and determination on and off the field have been integral to the Panthers’ success,” Cameron said.

“Isaah joined Panthers as a teenager from the Central West, and progressed from the club’s pathways teams to the NRL, State of Origin and International Tests. His progression is an inspiration to all aspiring rugby league players.

“His re-signing ensures stability for the Panthers as the club endeavours to remain highly competitive for years to come.”

age.s

First Grade
You don't like wighton?

You don't like wighton?
He's not putting himself on the open market to be nabbed on the cheap playing in a position that will result in less earning potential for his next (and probably final) contract. He's going to go for way way too much. If we were desperate for an experienced, marquee signing in the halves, then maybe.

On top of all that he seems like a bit of a tosser and clearly has issues with the drink.

Latest posts