What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I never wanted to join the Dragons" - Moses Suli

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Some ahhhh.....Interesting comments from Moses Suli to the floating microphones today. Basically admitted that his agent made the decision to sign with the Drags on his behalf, presumably for the money, but either way he clearly didn't want to ever be there on a personal level.

Ouch. Pretty shocking week for Anthony Griffin. He'll be alright though, he's slept through the whole thing.

I'm only mildly sticking the boot in to Merge, because this little slip of the tongue is evidence of a much broader issue with modern players: Between Suli's strange honesty and Suaa'lii taking the Union bribe, there just doesn't seem to be much loyalty or passion to play for certain clubs for the sake of on field success amongst them anymore. It seems to be all about the $$$ or having a mortgage on a certain position, not to mention the NRLPA suddenly throwing their weight around. In short, self interest is through the roof and it's forcing clubs to get desperate.

Is this a generational thing or just a symptom of the growing salary cap?

Exsilium

First Grade
My take on a comment like that is this. You were a fringe FG player with baggage. You had few suitors. You nabbed a deal worth taking and now you're carrying on like its purgatory.

Pull your head in. We have all worked places we don't want to be at but if you let your footy do the talking, you'd have offers to consider. Otherwise, f**k off and let another, more hungry player, take your spot.

Kid is acting like he is GI but really he's Brenko Lee.

Nealo 12

Bench
Some ahhhh.....Interesting comments from Moses Suli to the floating microphones today. Basically admitted that his agent made the decision to sign with the Drags on his behalf, presumably for the money, but either way he clearly didn't want to ever be there on a personal level.

Ouch. Pretty shocking week for Anthony Griffin. He'll be alright though, he's slept through the whole thing.

I'm only mildly sticking the boot in to Merge, because this little slip of the tongue is evidence of a much broader issue with modern players: Between Suli's strange honesty and Suaa'lii taking the Union bribe, there just doesn't seem to be much loyalty or passion to play for certain clubs for the sake of on field success amongst them anymore. It seems to be all about the $$$ or having a mortgage on a certain position, not to mention the NRLPA suddenly throwing their weight around. In short, self interest is through the roof and it's forcing clubs to get desperate.

You had your big moment to say your famous line and redeem yourself somewhat and you stuffed it completely :)

Mojo

Bench
My take on a comment like that is this. You were a fringe FG player with baggage. You had few suitors. You nabbed a deal worth taking and now you're carrying on like its purgatory.

Pull your head in. We have all worked places we don't want to be at but if you let your footy do the talking, you'd have offers to consider. Otherwise, f**k off and let another, more hungry player, take your spot.

Kid is acting like he is GI but really he's Brenko Lee.
Drongo.

This Year?

Immortal
It took 2 or 3 offers to bring him in. We're like that ugly girl who has to lower her standards to get a root, only for the guy to say he didn't enjoy it.
I'd happily help Suli pack his bags. I'd rather support a bunch of kids who'd rather have a go but are shit over a talented flog who doesn't want to be there and doesn't try.
Imagine how the likes of Cody Ramsey would feel hearing that from a team mate.

Last edited:
It took 2 or 3 offers to bring him in. We're like that ugly girl who has to lower her standards to get a root, only for the guy to say he didn't enjoy it.
I'd happily help Suli pack his bags. I'd rather support a bunch of kids who'd rather have a go but are shit over a talented flog who doesn't want to be there.
I sometimes think you and 2weeks didn’t really wanna be a dragons fans

Chimp

Bench
Whilst I find this hilarious, I suspect this is a dumb ass footballer getting his words wrong, because he’s too thick to put an intelligent response together.
I’m pretty sure what he was really trying to say was something along the lines of ‘I really enjoyed my time at Manly, and would have been happy to have stayed, however, the circumstances meant it was time for a change, so I came to the Dragons and it was the best move I could have made, and now I’m purely focused on playing my best football here and being successful at the Dragons’…. Blah blah blah… that’ll be the type of club written script that’s coming.

Wb1234

Referee
I'd happily help Suli pack his bags. I'd rather support a bunch of kids who'd rather have a go but are shit over a talented flog who doesn't want to be there and doesn't try.
Dragons have a stack of juniors that would love to play for the big red v

under griffen he’s held the juniors back or ruined their confidence

Nuke

Staff member
A bit of both, I think.
The big thing that I find different now compared to when I was growing up is that these days, the players chase the $$ or premierships and play for the Knights, the Dragons, the Storm, ect. Gone are the days players played their heart out for Newcastle, for Parramatta, for South Sydney, ect. For the regions from which they represent. They no longer play for a club. They play AT a club until they don't want to anymore or they get a better offer elsewhere.
Clubs have also joined in that tune too. A handshake, a contract, USED to be the player and club's word to eachother. Now those mean nothing.
Unfortunately, the younger generation/s these days are 'entitled' generation/s. "What have you done for me today?"

And it's all sad to see.

Latest posts