What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't we ever "raid" Union?

Wb1234

Referee
So he should be publicly flogged because he wants to play fullback? FMD how many players over the years have moved club because they wanted to play a certain position (typically a spine position)?
Look I understand it’s disappointing he’s leaving but the over reaction is getting beyond ridiculous. To suggest he should be kicked out of the game immediately like Gus alluded to is just idiotic but tracks with Gould’s history of sacking people mid contract
He’s getting 1.6 million pa

a few negative comments is something he can deal with I guess

I hope he never comes back League isn’t a doormat

I’m not disappointed at all

what he has done shows his character

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Just waiting on this rugger bugger boss to tell us his he's opening the war chest.

Union is so far down the pecking order of Australian sport it's laughable and he thinks this will give them relevance.

Wb1234

Referee
What does it matter exactly? Karmichael Hunt and Izzy went to AFL expansion franchises that were based in RL heartlands and people weren’t asking for them to be kicked out and black listed. Most people understood they signed for money and accepted that, but with Suualii that notion is not accepted and people are treating him like he’s committed high treason and should be locked up
Folau wasn’t mocked ? Whaaaat ?

Wb1234

Referee
Just waiting on this rugger bugger boss to tell us his he's opening the war chest.

Union is so far down the pecking order of Australian sport it's laughable and he thinks this will give them relevance.
Average nrl game 710k viewers
Average super rugby game 20k viewers

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
What does it matter exactly? Karmichael Hunt and Izzy went to AFL expansion franchises that were based in RL heartlands and people weren’t asking for them to be kicked out and black listed. Most people understood they signed for money and accepted that, but with Suualii that notion is not accepted and people are treating him like he’s committed high treason and should be locked up
Nah don't agree. Plenty called for both being moved out of the game immediately. But they weren't and the AFL got plenty of advertising out of it. Sure it meant nothing in the long run but why give these vulture codes an opportunity? If you want to sign our kids to try ride the coattails we need to send a message that we nip it in the bud.

Wb1234

Referee
Nah don't agree. Plenty called for both being moved out of the game immediately. But they weren't and the AFL got plenty of advertising out of it. Sure it meant nothing in the long run but why give these vulture codes an opportunity? If you want to sign our kids to try ride the coattails we need to send a message that we nip it in the bud.
The boss of rugby australia doesn’t even know his star recruit is a league junior

aqua_duck

Coach
Folau wasn’t mocked ? Whaaaat ?
As I said most people understood it was about money and that was the context it was portrayed with. With Suualii most people aren’t even trying to see it as him taking the money but about how morally corrupt he is and how he’s committing high treason.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
As I said most people understood it was about money and that was the context it was portrayed with. With Suualii most people aren’t even trying to see it as him taking the money but about how morally corrupt he is and how he’s committing high treason.
Again, no one, is disparaging the kid for taking the money. But decisions don't happen in a vacuum.

Wb1234

Referee
Here's an interesting take.. for the next year and a half union guys will be watching League..

ok our ratings go up now by five people

most union fans already watch nrl anyway
Because the story in the media is they're from union schools. Completely ignores that they are league kids sent to gps schools on league funded scholarships.
dopes are still calling Wally Lewis a union junior

Wb1234

Referee
Falou copped way more flak than suaaali

his only saving grace was he almost bankrupted the aru so it ended up even

aqua_duck

Coach
Your issue is you’re so protective and insecure about rugby league it’s bordering on obsessive. I do watch rugby union on occasion but for me league will always be a better product and hence I’m not concern about union or AFL killing league

Wb1234

Referee
Your issue is you’re so protective and insecure about rugby league it’s bordering on obsessive. I do watch rugby union on occasion but for me league will always be a better product and hence I’m not concern about union or AFL killing league
Union did basically kill rugby league in France so there’s that

aqua_duck

Coach
Union did basically kill rugby league in France so there’s that
Let’s be honest that was as much as result of bad administration and lack of a truly strong professional comp as much as it was about rugby union. Rugby League is far too established in Australia and particularly Sydney for rugby union to make a significant dent

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Let’s be honest that was as much as result of bad administration and lack of a truly strong professional comp as much as it was about rugby union. Rugby League is far too established in Australia and particularly Sydney for rugby union to make a significant dent
f**king what? It was union literally teaming up with Nazis to ban the game and take all it's assets. "Bad administration" f**king read up mate.

BODISGOD

Bench
France somehow managed to host the inaugural RLWC (with attendances of c. 20k per game) and get to the final yet we are supposed to believe the game was killed a decade earlier. They also managed to get to the 1968 final somehow, after apparently being killed a quarter of a century earlier.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
France somehow managed to host the inaugural RLWC (with attendances of c. 20k per game) and get to the final yet we are supposed to believe the game was killed a decade earlier. They also managed to get to the 1968 final somehow, after apparently being killed a quarter of a century earlier.
Did union align with the Nazis in France to ban league and take all its assets? Simple question with an answer already proven but let's see if you can admit it.

Latest posts