What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Gobsmacked

Bench
NRL chief executive Peter V’ladys has previously spoke on the record about Perth being too far for players to travel and having too many “rusted on” Australian Rules fans."

it's almost as if V'Landys is from Australia..

taipan

Referee
How does brining gws into Sydney and bringing in a perth nrl club have any relevance to each other?
there’s been a number of times since the arlc took over they could have expanded, had the funds to do so and if they had would likely have realised much greater revenue by now. just like afl did.

haha, sure afl asks news ltd if it can expand. You know like they would have done with gws and suns, or maybe they have a strategic plan, stick to it and go to market with extra content?
As I mentioned which you don't comprehend, you are always comparing NRL with AFL , so I took liberty with Perth and GWS .Bothin respective codes' heartland areas. Next.

Gobsmacked

Bench
As I mentioned which you don't comprehend, you are always comparing NRL with AFL , so I took liberty with Perth and GWS .Bothin respective codes' heartland areas. Next.
All evidence that contradicts a Perth team is dismissed.
They had a team there for 3 years, failed so naturally evidence of an actual club in Perth isn't relevant...

Perth Red

Post Whore
eh? why not compare it to introduction of dockers, eagles , swans? Gws and a perth nrl team have zero in commonality to reference each other from.

geez for nrl fans you guys really don’t have any faith at all in the sport or the administration of our game do you? Nrl is a great product and will be eaten up by perth. If they aren’t bigger than Storm and most nrl clubs within a decade of existence I’ll be very surprised.
Super wealthy city, big sporting fan population, big rl ex oat population, nrl already drawing big crowds for neutral teams, prospective multi millionaire owners, wa givt desperate to support a club. We got this lads lol.

Gobsmacked

Bench
eh? why not compare it to introduction of dockers, eagles , swans? Gws and a perth nrl team have zero in commonality to reference each other from.

geez for nrl fans you guys really don’t have any faith at all in the sport or the administration of our game do you? Nrl is a great product and will be eaten up by perth. If they aren’t bigger than Storm and most nrl clubs within a decade of existence I’ll be very surprised.
Super wealthy city, big sporting fan population, big rl ex oat population, nrl already drawing big crowds for neutral teams, prospective multi millionaire owners, wa givt desperate to support a club. We got this lads lol.
"Why not compare it to the Dockers "
Enough said.

taipan

Referee

.Swans were in NSW before ,Reds in Perth before. So in both cases there was a presence of either code in each territory.
Because we are comparing it with their introductions. Perth Reds had a presence in Perth for a couple of years and struggled , and GWS has had a presence for longer and still struggles.Both put in large sums.
I have faith in a sport that continues to grow in Australia ,has an international presence, doesn't bullish*t about participation levels, has a Chairman who sticks up for the code, and has very few whingers who spend their time trolling rl sites to laud the AFL.
If whining is what jet engines sound like, you'd be Heathrow Airport.

Pneuma

First Grade
Because we are comparing it with their introductions. Perth Reds had a presence in Perth for a couple of years and struggled , and GWS has had a presence for longer and still struggles.Both put in large sums.
I have faith in a sport that continues to grow in Australia ,has an international presence, doesn't bullish*t about participation levels, has a Chairman who sticks up for the code, and has very few whingers who spend their time trolling rl sites to laud the AFL.
If whining is what jet engines sound like, you'd be Heathrow Airport.
Good to see you back old friend. Things in Tassie remain moribund footy wise. But I still have beer and I still have our Sharks!

Colk

First Grade

Look I’m a massive fan of Perth entering the competition but saying that they will be bigger than the Storm within a decade is over the top.

Colk

First Grade
This is a pretty uninteresting conversation. It is also pretty obvious regarding the bias here.

One says that a Perth team will dominate and that there are no other good bids and the other is saying the same thing about a second New Zealand side.

By the way, I think both should be in a prospective 20 team competition

Colk

First Grade
He’s struggling over there mate. Threats to his Perth team coming from all angles

I think both the main posters are pretty delusional at this point. The argument that there won’t be any supporters is just as ridiculous as saying that they will dominate.

There is enough money and support for both those teams to be successful. Just everybody have a beer (or in my case a Wild Turkey) and settle down. F*** I should be the one depressed my side is absolute c***.

jim_57

Staff member
This is a pretty uninteresting conversation. It is also pretty obvious regarding the bias here.

One says that a Perth team will dominate and that there are no other good bids and the other is saying the same thing about a second New Zealand side.

NZ2 & Perth should both be certainties when/if we get to 20.

Adelaide, Brisbane 3, PNG etc are competing for the other. In saying that I see no reason it can’t go past 20 with 2, maybe 3 countries involved but I’d expect it to pause at 20 for quite a while.

Colk

First Grade
NZ2 & Perth should both be certainties when/if we get to 20.

Adelaide, Brisbane 3, PNG etc are competing for the other. In saying that I see no reason it can’t go past 20 with 2, maybe 3 countries involved but I’d expect it to pause at 20 for quite a while.

I agree that’s what should happen. Although as a Raiders supporter, seeing how s*** we are, should I want more sides to beat us?

Pneuma

First Grade
I think both the main posters are pretty delusional at this point. The argument that there won’t be any supporters is just as ridiculous as saying that they will dominate.

There is enough money and support for both those teams to be successful. Just everybody have a beer (or in my case a Wild Turkey) and settle down. F*** I should be the one depressed my side is absolute c***.
100% brother. Another carton of Stone and Wood is meeting its maker.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

You got nothing

Bukowski

Juniors

To much trolling what should be a good thread. We should be excited about expansion.